Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Roadburn tickets are sorted. Mysticum here I come!
    Noticed SubRosa and Zhrine are there as well. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post

Nice little new album. I like it a lot, also has female vocals.
    I've just bought this and their first one on bandcamp.
    Realised I'd been listening to it an awful lot since it was posted and ought to make an effort to support it.
    In fact, looking at the stuff I have bought on bandcamp, 75% of it is from recommendations here, admittedly Slugdge and Hirsch Effekt make up quite a bit of that, but it's worth noting. :-)

Dark Traquility is a band I've never been able to get into, I just don't like his vocals, clean or harsh, I always wish they were a bit more powerful.
    It's surprising as I know a lot of people like them and they're a style I generally like.

I've also massively got into Skalmold recently, can't remember if any has been posted here, so I'll just do some anyway. ;-)

Deleted
    My old man loved seeing Ghost live so I somehow persuaded him to come and see Behemoth next.
    I'm evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    My old man loved seeing Ghost live so I somehow persuaded him to come and see Behemoth next.
    I'm evil.
    Not sure what kind of music he normally listens to but I reckon that is going to be quite a shocker for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty interesting avantgarde black metal from Belgium with female vocals. Might take awhile to get into, and I don't think all songs are that successful but overall nice to hear a band that tries to push the boundaries. For instance "Second Son of R" and "Being Able to Say Nothing" are incredible tracks.

Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-10-21 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Noticed SubRosa and Zhrine are there as well. Enjoy!
    Saw SubRosa when they came to play with Sinistra. Left halfway SubRosa, because, frankly, it was a very disheveled sound and not that well played. Haven't heard Zhrine yet, will give them a listen.

Pretty interesting avantgarde black metal from Belgium with female vocals. Might take awhile to get into, and I don't think all songs are that successful but overall nice to hear a band that tries to push the boundaries. For instance "Second Son of R" and "Being Able to Say Nothing" are incredible tracks.
    Oathbreaker are great. Really digging the new album. Previous album already was pretty damn solid and a bit more straight forward. Just hope they can finally deliver live. It's always good, but never exceptional. Seeing them in November again with, among others, Voivod.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Only a handful of bands that I would actually watch but then I saw that Warning are going to play Watching from a Distance in its entirety?! Holy fucking shit, I would kill to see that.
    Roadburn always is worth it. Not a huge doom fan, so Warning hasn't got a huge pull on me. Zeal&Ardour is something I definitely want to see though. But honestly, this one name was enough to convince me to shell out big. I want to experience this:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcohorlick View Post
    I've just bought this and their first one on bandcamp.
    Realised I'd been listening to it an awful lot since it was posted and ought to make an effort to support it.
    In fact, looking at the stuff I have bought on bandcamp, 75% of it is from recommendations here, admittedly Slugdge and Hirsch Effekt make up quite a bit of that, but it's worth noting. :-)

Dark Traquility is a band I've never been able to get into, I just don't like his vocals, clean or harsh, I always wish they were a bit more powerful.
    It's surprising as I know a lot of people like them and they're a style I generally like.

I've also massively got into Skalmold recently, can't remember if any has been posted here, so I'll just do some anyway. ;-)
    Glad I helped atleast someone!

I like the track you posted. The vocals not that much, until he switched and became more aggressively around halfway to the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was never a fan of TDEP (up to the point of dislike) until now, I always thought they were too all over the place. Their newest one however is an absolute godsend, very cohesive and stellar, I sincerely highly recommend it.

Oh and the new Mithras delivers, and then some. Those "Somewhere in Time" guitars man...

Guess what just leaked btw

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't heard Zhrine yet, will give them a listen.
    Do it, they released one of the best records this year, it got a lot of traction everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Some more new Hail Spirit Noir to get all that 70's horror psyche black metal on

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw SubRosa when they came to play with Sinistra. Left halfway SubRosa, because, frankly, it was a very disheveled sound and not that well played. Haven't heard Zhrine yet, will give them a listen.
    I am a bit divided on SubRosa I find some songs really good, but in others I find the punk type vocals really bad and offputting. Zhrine however, as @hellhamster said, is awesome.

Oathbreaker are great. Really digging the new album. Previous album already was pretty damn solid and a bit more straight forward. Just hope they can finally deliver live. It's always good, but never exceptional. Seeing them in November again with, among others, Voivod.
    I had never heard of Oathbreaker until I heard their newest album a few days ago. Some songs are incredible. Though, there are also some songs I don't really care for. Mostly the later tracks on the album. Overall though it's a great album.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Haha holy shit that's amazing.

The Burzum surf rock songs are fucking great too. I really needed something like this today, thanks for posting these.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Speaking of Burzum, do you guys know that Varg runs a very active youtube channel? He makes multiple videos every week, responds to people in the comments, its kind of surreal actually. Its also kind of creepy because there seems to be a decent sized group of people that love him despite what he has done haha. At the same time its cool to have the opportunity to interact with black metal's most infamous character.

Here is the channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective/videos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcohorlick View Post
    Haven't much listened to this release yet, but the Alestorm cover is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't much listened to this release yet, but the Alestorm cover is nice.
    You just gave me PTSD from that one sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just gave me PTSD from that one sentence.
    I am an Alestorm fan. Quite surprising I guess. So that was the only song that made some impression on me when listening to Skalmöld. Guess I didn't think the album was all that great. Gotta listen to it again.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-10-23 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    New progressive MDM album out now:

Still listening to the album right now, dunno what track I like the most yet, but sounds good so far!

And going to watch these guys live next weekend, looking forward to it!

Lamb of God with a new sound in this song dedicated to a fan and close friend of Randy Blythe that sadly passed away due to leukemia

Saw Homewrecked, Oathbreaker, Iron Reagan and Skeletonwitch last night.

I have a concussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black metal from Aleppo, Syria: https://theoria1.bandcamp.com/album/mantra

Got a record player over the weekend, this is from my first trip to the record store. I also got Taake's Nattestid, but I ordered that online

Deleted
    Behemoth were outrageously good.

Secrets of the moon were like grunge mixed with sabbath and a pinch of behemoth and a singer who sounds like the nasal chap from Placebo.
    Mgla were boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    So many band names you kids have xD

And here I am still listening to old dimmu borgir and in flames xD
    Come on Gramps, get with the times. We're not longer living in the 90s ;P