Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* Already know my AotY of 2017 anyway, as a new Portal has been confirmed.

Deleted
    Listening to the new Ghost Brigade album. Fairly by-the-numbers goth rock, but the track 'Departures' is perhaps their best ever. Nice clean/growl vocals and solid riffs.

Quote Originally Posted by draggedintosunlight View Post
    Listening to the new Ghost Brigade album. Fairly by-the-numbers goth rock, but the track 'Departures' is perhaps their best ever. Nice clean/growl vocals and solid riffs.
    You got me there for a second, I thought they had a new album this year But yeah you're right, not the strongest band but good for a random listen once in a while.

Deleted
    Waiting the release of the new album of Eluveitie, Evocation II <33

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone care to recommend some quality atmospheric black metal? I'm a big fan of Burzum, the more atmospheric Drudkh stuff, Walknut and Elderwind, among others. I don't want to try and name everything, I've already heard, so feel free to recommend something, even if you think I've heard it. Feel free to name drop some good pagan/folk black metal too, just nothing cheesy. No NSBM (Burzum is the closest I'll get to that line...).

On another note, I'm loving the new Wardruna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just check the youtube channel for atmospheric black metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Just check the youtube channel for atmospheric black metal.
    I'm asking for specific recommendations from my fellow mmo -c posters in a conversational context. Yes I can check a YouTube channel with over a thousand uploads for something decent, or I can see if anyone recommends something specific that they enjoyed.

Your response is the music discussion equivalent of "let me google that for you".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Anyone care to recommend some quality atmospheric black metal? I'm a big fan of Burzum, the more atmospheric Drudkh stuff, Walknut and Elderwind, among others. I don't want to try and name everything, I've already heard, so feel free to recommend something, even if you think I've heard it. Feel free to name drop some good pagan/folk black metal too, just nothing cheesy. No NSBM (Burzum is the closest I'll get to that line...).

Slightly different. But this album is beautiful. One of my favourites in its genre. But I dunno if this is wha you're looking for since there's so much difference in different atmospheric black bands.

Last edited by bestellen; 2017-05-29 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post

I will try to gallop through every good atmo bm that comes on top of my head:

Ulver, Negura Bunget, The Ruins of Beverast, Spectral Lore, Blut aus Nord, Wolves in the Throne Room, Paysage d'Hiver, Darkspace, Lurker of Chalice, Coldworld, Lunar Aurora, Gris, Woods of Desolation, Panopticon, Aquilus, Murmuure, Saor/Arsaidh, Midnight Odyssey, Akhlys, The Great Old Ones, Progenie Terrestre Pura, Alrakis, Krohm, Fanisk (just pretend they aren't NSBM, their synth stuff is light years ahead), Mare Cognitum, Nasheim, Dordeduh, Leviathan, Forteresse, Todtgelichter, Altar of Plagues, Urfaust, Darkestrah, Lantlos, Winterfylleth, Wodensthrone, I Shalt Become, Amestigon, Kroda, Wedrujacy Wiatr, Falls of Rauros, A Forest of Stars, Vallendusk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I will try to gallop through every good atmo bm that comes on top of my head:

Ulver, Negura Bunget, The Ruins of Beverast, Spectral Lore, Blut aus Nord, Wolves in the Throne Room, Paysage d'Hiver, Darkspace, Lurker of Chalice, Coldworld, Lunar Aurora, Gris, Woods of Desolation, Panopticon, Aquilus, Murmuure, Saor/Arsaidh, Midnight Odyssey, Akhlys, The Great Old Ones, Progenie Terrestre Pura, Alrakis, Krohm, Fanisk (just pretend they aren't NSBM, their synth stuff is light years ahead), Mare Cognitum, Nasheim, Dordeduh, Leviathan, Forteresse, Todtgelichter, Altar of Plagues, Urfaust, Darkestrah, Lantlos, Winterfylleth, Wodensthrone, I Shalt Become, Amestigon, Kroda, Wedrujacy Wiatr, Falls of Rauros, A Forest of Stars, Vallendusk.
    Awesome that you named Falls of Rauros. I've personally known those guys since they were teenagers.

I second the motion to post more atmospheric black! I actually am wondering if there are any good examples of avant-garde as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    I second the motion to post more atmospheric black! I actually am wondering if there are any good examples of avant-garde as well?
    As someone mentioned this channel before, it's a great way to find some new bands. There's quite some awesome bands I found out here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AtmsphericBlackMetal

Also worth checking this out, he uploaded it a few days ago, it's very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    As someone mentioned this channel before, it's a great way to find some new bands. There's quite some awesome bands I found out here.

Thanks for the heads-up! Must have lost the link somewhere in the thread and didn't see it. I'll check this out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    maudlin of the Well, Kayo Dot, Ved Buens Ende, Dodheimsgard, Arcturus, Thy Catafalque, Hail Spirit Noir, In the Woods, Solefald, Shining (Norway), Virus, Abigor, Sigh, Aenaon.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    maudlin of the Well, Kayo Dot, Ved Buens Ende, Dodheimsgard, Arcturus, Thy Catafalque, Hail Spirit Noir, In the Woods, Solefald, Shining (Norway), Virus, Abigor, Sigh, Aenaon.
    Brilliant I've heard of a few of these already (Thy Catafalque is a great one), I'll check out the others!

10+ Year Old Account

Also worth checking this out, he uploaded it a few days ago, it's very cool!
    Pretty much only YouTube channel I follow, and that Homage to Summoning was great. Loved the Caladan Brood cover.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Pretty much only YouTube channel I follow, and that Homage to Summoning was great. Loved the Caladan Brood cover.
    I'm actually listening to Caladan Brood right now

Amazing album. These type of atmospheric black bands I like. Amazing sounding, clear music.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually listening to Caladan Brood right now

Amazing album. These type of atmospheric black bands I like. Amazing sounding, clear music.
    Caladan Brood is one of my favorite atmospheric BM bands. Their Book of the Fallen album is incredible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Caladan Brood is one of my favorite atmospheric BM bands. Their Book of the Fallen album is incredible.
    I'll have to do some more listening. There's only a tiny handful of black atmospheric bands I like. For me, the majority is not my style so I have to look extra hard