Thread: [Books] Marvel

[Books] Marvel

So, I just got into the marvel series, X-men and Deadpool is among my favorites.
    But i wonder if there is any "hardcore" marvel fans that can maybe point me in a good direction when it comes to novells/comics. Like the origins of Deadpool and the comics that involve whats feautured in the X-men movies.

"Remember there is always something cleaverer than yourself"

Deleted
    Honestly? Anything to do with Wolverine and his past personally grabs my interest from start to finish.

Going slightly off the X-men topic of things though, once you have had your fill of the X-men stuff... Try out the following two comic series';

"Civil War" & "Ultimates".

Both sets mostly written by Mark Millar (or Miller, spelling* on last name), involving multiple heroes in them.

I know i've not exactly given you info on what you asked for (the Deadpool subject), so apologies for that - i'm not really into him so i didnt really follow his shizzle :P

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more of a DC guy, but I do like Wolverine and Spiderman.
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    "No."
    "Do you want one?"
    "Uhh.. No?"
    "Cause you see, I like to have a girlfriend from each state."
    "Do you know their names?"
    "Oh I call them by numbers, 25 is the best, shes got it going on."

More of a Dc person myself aswell, but I do Love X-men.

I'm not much into comics tho, I watched the series when I grew up. Brings back memories Kids shows today are crap :/

Ohh I love Deadpool

I'd like to know too... I have no clue though. But he is definitely my favorite. I'm not sure if you seen this on YouTube, but search Hulk vs Wolverine, he's in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly101 View Post
    Ohh I love Deadpool

I'd like to know too... I have no clue though. But he is definitely my favorite. I'm not sure if you seen this on YouTube, but search Hulk vs Wolverine, he's in it.
    Yeah I saw it, he also makes a cameo in X-Men origins, when it tells about Wolverine and the "warband" he was in. Deadpool is the guy with the swords

Used to see Batman and Spiderman when i was younger

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i am always surprised that dead pool became as big as he did, i hated reading his comics he talked so much the panels and pages were filled with word bubbles

Deleted
    age of apocalypse stuff, or the onslaught saga. big xmen fan myself.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by twizter View Post
    i am always surprised that dead pool became as big as he did, i hated reading his comics he talked so much the panels and pages were filled with word bubbles
    thats the beauty of deadpool ^ ^ constant stream of insane pop culture nonsense, amidst brutal violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there going to be a Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds?

Smells funny here.. and a little.. tingly

As some of the posters before me, I'm also more of a DC guy.
    But you can't go wrong with Avengers.