Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Multi Earth Shield

Soonish I will have to heal with 2 extra resto shamies (feckin nightmare). As I am best geared shaman (every stat wise) atm, how to tell those nubs to stop overwriting my ES on main target? It's seriously annyoing when I have ES on the tank and some newbs rookie overwrites it all the time.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Multi Earth Shield

Assign ES targets ahead of time.

If your ES keeps getting overwritten after you've assigned everyone to a specific target, crack heads together.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Aslong as its always kept up on tanks just stick it on a caster or whatever

Are the people overwriting yours assigned to tank healing? Are they using the LHW glyph? Are you?

Also, have you tried saying "please stop overwriting my earth shield"? I heard that might be a good way.

Deleted

Casting LHW one someone elses earth shield if yours is glyphed also applys the glyph btw.
    Also as Hypernetic said, how about you ask?
    Although I doubt calling them noobs/nubs will really help you get your point across.

As others have said, just simply ask! ;D

Putting asking aside, do you know if the other resto shamans in you group are running TotemTimers? If so, you could make sure they update it to a rather current version, and you could get RaidTotems for yourself.

RaidTotems is basically PallyPower, but for shamans. You can coordinate ahead of time which shaman will drop which totem, to make sure you are getting all available buffs, and also, to make sure of full raid coverage of those buffs (fights like Blood Princes where everyone should be rather spread out). In the mod is also a configuration for which shaman cast Earth Shield on which target. It can be very useful, especially if they bind their TT button, it will automatically refresh to the assigned target. If you are not a fan of mods, or they aren't either, that mod can also automatically whisper the player if they do not have TT. Along with all that bullcrap, it can also setup which set of totems they drop (ie, CallofEarth = X totems, so they don't even have to reassign then).

If they do not have TT, or do not want to use it, then you can assign targets ahead of time, or have the players put an EarthShield status on their Grid, so they can see who is earth shielded, and when.

Not sure anyone here can really offer you much else sadly. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Pearroc
    Casting LHW one someone elses earth shield if yours is glyphed also applys the glyph btw.
    Also as Hypernetic said, how about you ask?
    Although I doubt calling them noobs/nubs will really help you get your point across.
    Is that a change they made at some point? I remember it being different (affected by your earth shield?). I took about 7 months off from the game due to RL stuff last winter and came back this September, we generally only run one resto shaman in a raid anymore so I never even noticed.

I could have sworn it used to be different.

Deleted

"I'm keeping ES on MT, you put it on someone else"

Was it really worth a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    "I'm keeping ES on MT, you put it on someone else"

Was it really worth a thread?
    I was thinking the exact same thing... :
    This space is available for rent!

There must be a reason why he posts it here and cant seem to handle it in his raids...

If you're not willing/able to tell them yourself, suggest it to the raid leader, or shaman class leader, or the healer with the biggest mouth. Overwriting the MT's earthshield with a weaker one is bad for everyone, and ES assignments aren't that difficult. With three resto shaman, you should be in the situation of being able to ES a caster, and those greedy bastards ought to be clammering to get more pushback reduction.

Once it becomes raid-wide knowledge, you'll have any number of people willing to take an Earth Shield, then it's just a case of getting organised.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    Is that a change they made at some point? I remember it being different (affected by your earth shield?). I took about 7 months off from the game due to RL stuff last winter and came back this September, we generally only run one resto shaman in a raid anymore so I never even noticed.

I could have sworn it used to be different.
    Yes changed in 3.3 I beileve. Or the tooltip was changed to say that.
    I would be in the notes on mmo somewhere.

Isn't three resto shamans overkill anyway?

for multiple tanking situations i usually assign earth shield to different tanks. for single tanking situations, my grid shows if this tank has earth shield on him so even if mine got overwritten i don't need to worry at all. all i need to do is to refresh it when all 8 stacks run out.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

1. On the main tank
    2. On the off tank
    3. On the best healer/dps
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

To many resto shamans should only need/want one then you are better off with any other healer.

Communicating during a raid, imagine that... who's the noob now?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk
    To many resto shamans should only need/want one then you are better off with any other healer.
    I think you're selling yourself short with that statement. Resto Shamans are pretty awesome in just about any content, so long as they have the proper gear, spec, and Haste rating. I've healed every bit of content out currently with the exception of Yogg 0 Light. I haven't ever felt gimped as a Resto Shaman, and until recently, my guild was specifically bringing two of us to Twins Hard Mode simply because Chain Heal is amazing with the strat we use.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

To second HeatherRae, we used two resto shamans, one disc priest, one holy priest and one holy paladin on our first putricide kill. There was no issue with healing at all and that was my first time healing our 25man progression runs having rerolled from my rogue

if your supposed to be the "veteran" resto shammy, you will know that its better to let the nubs take care of the maintank es, while you, whom have a better feel for the raid group can put the es on that rogue who gets bashed around, or that mage who pulls aggro and gets punched, not to mention those pesky dps warriors who cant seem to stay alive...