Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ICC Heroic 5 mans done in blues

Gevlon from http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/ has completed another step in his project to clear all content (excluding heroic raids) in only* blue gear.

They've cleared all the ICC 5-man content on heroic mode in blues.

I for one am impressed.

* some exclusions apply, check his blog.

Edit: The whole group was in blues

Re: ICC Heroic 5 mans done in blues

So not impressed, done it myself as a healer.

I think you guys missed the point.

The whole group was in blues. Not just one person.

15+ Year Old Account

Now wait, are they ALL in blues? I have to assume so, otherwise I'm really not impressed.

If that IS the case, kudos to the hunter pushing nearly 4k in blues, and lol at the mage not breaking 2k...

But perhaps I shouldn't take those charts at face value.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Not even close to being remotely impressed.

Not to kind of jump on the 'big deal' train, but this is pretty much equivalent to doing ICC10 with 10 people all wearing 232 gear, which is kindof the point. Most people outgear these heroics, so it's a little sad to see that it's 'impressive' when somebody manages to complete them at an appropriate gear level.

It's not really that similar to doing ICC10 in 232 gear. For one, ilvl 251 - 32 = 219, so it would be like Ulduar 10 gear. Except ilvl 200 blues have a significantly lower stats budget than ilvl 200 epics because they're superior, not epic. Not saying this achievement is like the ultimate pinnacle of WoW skill, but I'm sure taking a group in all blues through those hc's isn't a walk in the park either.

That said, after reading this guy's blog he seems to take this feat and it's implications WAY too seriously..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam
    It's not really that similar to doing ICC10 in 232 gear. For one, ilvl 251 - 32 = 219, so it would be like Ulduar 10 gear. Except ilvl 200 blues have a significantly lower stats budget than ilvl 200 epics because they're superior, not epic. Not saying this achievement is like the ultimate pinnacle of WoW skill, but I'm sure taking a group in all blues through those hc's isn't a walk in the park either.

That said, after reading this guy's blog he seems to take this feat and it's implications WAY too seriously..
    ICC10 was tuned to be defeated in ToC10 gear, hence, 232 gear. Or at least the first bosses all were.

And i bet everyone of you is doing each content geared proper ItemLVL gear seat instead of ovegearing like going in full 232 to ICC 5 man or 245 to ICC 10 man raid, and about item lvl ICC 5 man hc are droping 232 so "proper" gear to clear it wouldn't be 219 ilvl ulduar/toc 5hc epic stuff?
    The cake is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    ICC10 was tuned to be defeated in ToC10 gear, hence, 232 gear. Or at least the first bosses all were.
    Yeah I know this, but if ICC drops 251 gear and is meant to be started in 232 gear: 251-232 = 19
    So, these heroics drop 232 gear and (232-19) I guess are meant to be started in 213 gear.
    They're not only doing it in gear that is a tier lower in ilvl, but superior instead of epic.

My point was simply that doing ICC10 in the gear it's meant to be done in (232) ≠ what they did because they were significantly less geared than the "intended" gear levels for the instance.

If it was one person in Blues, then its not a big deal. The whole group in Blues, probably a good example of the skill > gear argument.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDKPriest
    If it was one person in Blues, then its not a big deal. The whole group in Blues, probably a good example of the skill > gear argument.
    Hyjal
    They cleared ALL of uld 10 in 200 level blues only.
    They didn't even use enchants that required Abyss crystals...
    They were allowed to use BC Epics that WERE NOT from SWP, BT, or.

I think this is an impressive feat. And gratz to them. Guys. You try this, or the ICC heroics in full Blues, and then come back and say not impressed. I don't think you will

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that this is some huge skillful feat that will probably never be repeated.

The whole group was in blues (check their armory pages) which is significantly below the intended gear level.

I still think it's worth a mention. While FoS and to a certain extent PoS aren't exactly crazy difficult, HoR can be challenging at the best of times with 219 epics.

I'm looking forward to seeing them progress even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Zraal *Yes, ima DK*
    They cleared ALL of uld 10 in 200 level blues only.
    This was a seperate project done several months ago and not the same people (excluding Gevlon). But yes, Ulduar 10 has been cleared in blues.

and?
    u had tank, u had heal, u had 3 DPS.
    What's the point?
    if doing HC's in not full 232+gear is skill over gear or smthing like that, i'm rly sorry for u guys. HC's nowadays is just Badges per minute. Ofc ICC heroics a lil bit harder cause in Halls u need to do some CC may be.

P.S. Done PoS without tank, with 4 casters and restoDrood, it took ZERO skill, but was fun

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Giovan
    And i bet everyone of you is doing each content geared proper ItemLVL gear seat instead of ovegearing like going in full 232 to ICC 5 man or 245 to ICC 10 man raid, and about item lvl ICC 5 man hc are droping 232 so "proper" gear to clear it wouldn't be 219 ilvl ulduar/toc 5hc epic stuff?
    Being in 232 is overgearing an instance that gives 232?

That's like saying we overgeared the original Wotlk heroics because we did the normals which dropped 200 gear.

or 245 to ICC 10 man raid,
    And that's like saying we overgeared Uld25 by being Uld10 geared.

232 -> 245 is 1/2 a tier.
    245 -> 251 1/2 a tier.
    251 -> 263 1/2 a tier.

Good to know. Hey everyone who did Uld25 with ANY Uld25 or Uld10 gear! You where overgeared so it doesn't count!

Quote Originally Posted by kexit
    if doing HC's in not full 232+gear is skill over gear or smthing like that, i'm rly sorry for u guys. HC's nowadays is just Badges per minute. Ofc ICC heroics a lil bit harder cause in Halls u need to do some CC may be.
    That's rich given that from the looks of it you couldn't solo the English language even in full heroic ICC25 gear.

Seriously, it would require very good play, coordinated CC, and all the rest to pull off H. HoR in lvl 200 blues. Most groups struggle if anyone's in all lvl 219 epics or less.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by det
    These kinds of threads are as usual a honeypot for people with an asshat attitude. As proven here

I congratulate a party all in blues completing the three new heroic Instances. Yeah, you might piss on how you have done FoS in funky setups - but you were still in epics. And let us not forget HoR which still wipes and breaks parties every day. Yes, there is a LoS tactic but you still need the dps to defeat all the waves to the gunship before the time .....even with the "kill waves behind Arthas" strat.

So shut up with your arrogant attitude and give credit where credit is due.
    Completely Agree, Hats off I wouldn't want to try it, the trash pulls before the gauntlet would be a nightmare (the 5 caster one's would be) last boss in PoS would be harsh unless kited correctly during overpower.

and HoR, there is a DPS requirement here, given 5 excellent players who know how to CC inturrupt and get out of flame strikes, you still have the run away from the LK part which is all about the numbers. Really good job guys, should have an Acheivement for stuff like this.

Good players will be good players.
    The ICC 5-mans can be considered as nice job done by good players - nice skill to do that.

that's a very nice performance, shows that paying attention is worth more than having gear.

A further proof that, as i said before, doing HoR with CC is a walk in the park, as opposed to LoS/AoE dumb tactic :P

What is impressive is they must have been pushing very good dps to pass the last wave of undeads in the exit tunnel
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Very impressive. Great way to show that GS/Itemlvl/Achievements are irrelevant.