Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: [Another Lich King fight spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    How is it a spoiler if it's pure speculation?
    Taking time free to answer your question:

The original Subject Title basically just said that the Lich King would be replaced, and was talking about who.
    Believe it or not, there are actually people out there who don't know about the replacing yet, and who do not want to know about this minor detail for the time of being.

So in order to /salute and respect the opinions of those people, I changed the Subject.

~Bahumut5
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    Ironically enough, I changed the name right before Count Zero's reply.
    Please refrain from just spoiling everything, and make sure you warn people.

~Bahumut5
    Unfortunately the only thing "spoiling everything" in here is the anxiety ridden argument I led across 7 pages.

I wanted it to be fun and interesting, but between the "you're a moron that doesn't know anything about lore" followed by "Go read WoWwiki: Bolvar" that were basically ammunition for my crusade I couldn't help myself from losing control.

Why is it nobody could actually address my query without attempting to have another source greater then themselves give them reason.

I mean everybody knows Bolvar, now after all this time spent in WoW, and everybody should know he has little to no lore around him and is a very lackluster leader that got swapped out for Varian because nobody would miss him and then they killed him at Wrathgate (the only exiting thing Bolvar ever did: Die) so they could retcon him as a neutral LK that wouldn't take away from the main cast.

The sheer number in this thread claiming Bolvar to have been so much more than he was, makes my blood boil, just thinking of his ugly face and crappy armor, sitting in that throne room for years, half bugged in combat stance with his weapons out then going and fighting unarmed when engaged... staying bugged for months and months, ret aura always on... always as lame and always as ugly until he died and I smiled.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis
    You must be joking right? You made 1 post in response to mine, the post basically told me I was a moron and I should go read WoWwiki about Bolvar.
    I promised myself that I would ignore both you and this topic, but my curiosity got the better of me.

You might want to check the topic and do a recount. I did make more then one reply to your posts.

The fact of the matter is we'll never agree, and I propose we agree to disagree.

I see Bolvar and Tirion as True Heroes, you don't.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix
    I promised myself that I would ignore both you and this topic, but my curiosity got the better of me.

You might want to check the topic and do a recount. I did make more then one reply to your posts.

The fact of the matter is we'll never agree, and I propose we agree to disagree.

I see Bolvar and Tirion as True Heroes, you don't.
    Very well then, agree to disagree.

At least you refrained from the name calling, unlike some.

Tirion is a true hero, he's just annoying as hell with his righteous behavior and ostentatious morals.

Bolvar was not so bad, just a loyal soldier that was faithful to SW and to the alliance until the very end and died what I think he wasn't: a hero.

I just don't think this guy should have the right to take Arthas's helm from him and become LK, it's an insult to everything that happen in the 3rd war and everything so many people in WoW died for, the story deserves more than this guy getting empowered by convenience... especially cause as we know Bolvar doesn't know how to use his own equipment...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account

Very well then, agree to disagree.

At least you refrained from the name calling, unlike some.

Tirion is a true hero, he's just annoying as hell with his righteous behavior and ostentatious morals.

Bolvar was not so bad, just a loyal soldier that was faithful to SW and to the alliance until the very end and died what I think he wasn't: a hero.

I just don't think this guy should have the right to take Arthas's helm from him and become LK, it's an insult to everything that happen in the 3rd war and everything so many people in WoW died for, the story deserves more than this guy getting empowered by convenience... especially cause as we know Bolvar doesn't know how to use his own equipment...
    You can't really use him not knowing how to use his equipment against him though, that was a bug in the game, and it had nothing to do with the lore.

Get A Room

15+ Year Old Account

You can't really use him not knowing how to use his equipment against him though, that was a bug in the game, and it had nothing to do with the lore.
    Oy, didn't I say that? ...

Well hopefully Blizz will give him proper scourge control skills when they put that helmet on his head or we're going to have some serious problems.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account

Oy, didn't I say that? ...

Well hopefully Blizz will give him proper scourge control skills when they put that helmet on his head or we're going to have some serious problems.
    Well the death of Arthas is supposed to be the be end of the expansion, so I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about Bolvar, or the scourge for that matter, anymore.

I'm betting there will be some references in Cataclysm, but nothing major.

well.. there should be... i mean, if you listen to the Cata trailer, it is said, that people are still battleing the Scourge in the north

15+ Year Old Account

Well the death of Arthas is supposed to be the be end of the expansion, so I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about Bolvar, or the scourge for that matter, anymore.

I'm very curious about the Green drake they got trapped in there.

Will probably be very relevant for the future of WoW.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cherni
    well.. there should be... i mean, if you listen to the Cata trailer, it is said, that people are still battleing the Scourge in the north
    Ugh, where did this idea come from.

The specific mention in the trailer is in regards to an ancient power building up whilst we are fighting the lich king. No where does it suggest that the Wrath story will carry over to the next expansion

15+ Year Old Account

yeah another stupid Human beeing the lich king, ... Cairne Bloodhoof 4 Lich King!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

Im not a big lore dude, and neither very concious atm...so this is like "The Dutchman must always have a captain" kinda thing?
    And why do Bolvar have to be the new LK, not any randomdude?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

i'm ok with bolvar taking the seat of the throne, but the whole lavaman thing is just like...why? apparently instead of turning into flowers, bolvar became some sort of horrific abomination-to-nature by fusing the lich king's torture with the flames of the red dragons. no longer living, he figures he can't just head back to stormwind and act like nothing's happened, he figures he can still do one last piece of awesomeness, and take the lich king's place, saving tirion the burden.

yet believes no one must know of this, so does he just tune the scourge down and pretend like they're just randomly wandering around (with careful calculation) now?

yea all those zombies wandering in circles in the plaguelands, will now be carefully controlled to wander in circles by our new friend bolvar, so it'll be like nothing happened. 8)

as for the cataclysm trailer, it's referring to the fact that, at the time, we had not yet killed the lich king. so it basically said "while you're up there in northrend fighting the lich king, this is going to start happening!" honestly, their only other option was to say "and so after defeating the lich king and having bolvar secretly take up his pedestal..." and filling it with spoilers about exactly how the expansion ended. :
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    i'm ok with bolvar taking the seat of the throne, but the whole lavaman thing is just like...why? apparently instead of turning into flowers, bolvar became some sort of horrific abomination-to-nature by fusing the lich king's torture with the flames of the red dragons. no longer living, he figures he can't just head back to stormwind and act like nothing's happened, he figures he can still do one last piece of awesomeness, and take the lich king's place, saving tirion the burden.

yet believes no one must know of this, so does he just tune the scourge down and pretend like they're just randomly wandering around (with careful calculation) now?

yea all those zombies wandering in circles in the plaguelands, will now be carefully controlled to wander in circles by our new friend bolvar, so it'll be like nothing happened. 8)
    Way I see it, it was intentional, alexstrasza has some foresight as hinted by her words at the wrathgate, so she may have intentionally left him in the state he was in, not quite dead, but not alive enough to continue existing as a normal human, so he would be left with no choice but to take up the mantle of the lich king

Being a bitch for the greater good makes sense in the eyes of a dragon, I guess
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

10+ Year Old Account

u know what would be awesome... a gnome litch king... he would be so cute, with his little body and that huge helmet woo!

if it´s ok with u guys, ill just go kill whoever gets to be the new LK, and then make a Gnome King