Drain Soul visible via Forte

Hello,

i want to show my drain soul ticks with forte, works very well till now, but i want to sperate the drain soul bar away from the other dot bars. is it possible? and how?

greetings and thx

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Drain Soul visible via Forte

I don't think forte shows ticks on drains. Could be wrong though.

Forte does show ticks on drains. However, what the OP wants to do is not currently possible.

If you check the change log for Forte on WoWInterface, the upcoming versions make reference to a "clone-able" spell timer, which will allow you to pull specific spell timers out of the main group and place them independently, which I believe is what the OP is asking for.

Get yourself castbar addon called "Gnosis" and youre golden m8.

Interesting looking add that Gnosis, first time I heard of it and might well give it a go, since I have already replaced quartz with AzCastbar but did so largely for the loot rolling option, so ill need to look for an alternative for that feature but I really do appreciate the idea of the visibile ticks, one of the few reasons im still using forte, and this one being an improvement with the visibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

Your best bet is to re-color Drain Soul to make it really stand out in your forte window. I make mine bright purple/pink.

Alternatively, there is a Drain Soul Timer on Curse that simply pops text up whenever it ticks. This might also solve your problem.

Gnosis looks like a solution looking for a problem.

R.I.P. YARG

I just show only Drain Soul on Forte & use DoTimer to track dots. Didn't like Drainsoul timer& haven't heard of Gnosis so I'll go check that out sometime.

Deleted

Another option is MSBT. I have mine set up so that it simply clicks on every DS tick, which means that you don't have to watch anything. I tried various visual solutions, but nothing has been quite so easy to work with as this:

Go to 'Triggers' and create a new one, then go to configure.

In 'main events' select 'Periodic Skill Damage(DoT)'

Set:

Source Unit Affiliation - Is Equal To - You
    Crit - Is Equal To - False
    Skill Name - Is Equal To - Drain Soul

and then click 'Save'

Click the event settings icon and select a sound, I can't remember the name of the one I chose, but it's just a nice simple tick. You'll need to make sure sounds are enabled in the general msbt window, and may want to disable sounds for other triggers on a case by case basis if you just had blanket disable previously.

Click the font settings icon and change the font alpha to 1, unless you really want to see the text as well.

Thanks go to someone over on EJ for this.