15+ Year Old Account

Reason behind 1hour delay

I know it was done a long time ago, but what was blizzards reason for extending the time you got your money from ah to an hour?
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Re: Reason behind 1hour delay

To annoy the gold farmers when trying to launder money.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Sounds like as good a reason as any.

...and everyone else, too.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

To LOLANNOYYOUGOTTASTAYINTHEGAME!
    And yeah, to annoy chinese gold farmers.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Actually when they do that stuff in a kind of big scale, one hour delay does not annoy them at all or at least it shouldn't. It's going to be long and boring grind anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanale
    ...and everyone else, too.
    I agree it is annoying but he just asked why they did it and to the best of my knowledge that was the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonaza
    Actually when they do that stuff in kind of a big scale, one hour delay does not annoy them at all or at least it shouldn't. It's going to be long and boring grind anyhow.
    They can track when people are selling ex. Wool Cloth for 10k g. They spot it and say.....now that is somene buying gold.

Initially the gold farmers would send it through the mail when you bought gold but they got smarter after the banfest in June 08 and started just buying the gold buyer's auction for crazy amounts to make it look like a legit transaction. They have some kind of system that triggers when someone sells items way out of range of the market.

AGAIN. This is just my understanding.

15+ Year Old Account

yeah i figured it had something to do with the gold farmers but i just didn't understand how it helped them or if that really was the case..just sux having to wait that long
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors