Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: pvp healing nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Zebraz
    That's dumb, if healers are op then nerf healers. Healthstones? seriously? And btw Afflic warlocks and spriests self heals got double nerf this season. 10% less dmg=10% less self heals + another 10% healing reduction...
    I lol'd.

I dont think too many people are actually mad about the 10% healing nerf, cause what ever its only 10%. What people are mad about is balance... balance is already an issue and trying to drop something like this in at this time without testing is messed up.

Healing classes are already unbalanced. This just messed more stuff up. Another thing, the resil change will be fixed by ONE upgrade, and burst will once again be no less than it was before. While a 10% healing nerf is almost impossible to make up. Im willing to bet i will have to have all the new gear just to see the numbers i was seeing before. Where dps classes remain op.

Pvp needed a fix, but not this. Imo reduce damage done by 50% and remove all mana regen

Quote Originally Posted by Warllyz
    I lol'd.
    Keep loling, i'll be playing my shiny new warrior with his 77.5% MS (MS+UA+new healing change).

This isn't so much a nerf to healing as it a nerf to mana regen. People will die faster, healers will run out of mana faster, and fights will be shorter. What this nerf fails to address is that PvP is going to be just as bursty. Even if you ask your healers to heal for more, the problem remains the same. People are going to be either at 100% or dead 99% of the time. Dunno where Blizz expects to take this. I guess you could call this a buff to 2s where alot of times it seems like the only way to win matches is to run the healer oom, but how does this change 5s? Players are still gonna get burst down just like before, potentially faster now.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zebraz
    That's dumb, if healers are op then nerf healers. Healthstones? seriously? And btw Afflic warlocks and spriests self heals got double nerf this season. 10% less dmg=10% less self heals + another 10% healing reduction...
    And it doesn't affect absorbs/shields, might as well be a buff to disc priests.
    Ermm, Affliction Lock selfhealing is pretty much retarded. It's a fine change. Besides, ressilience got buffed so you won't really feel this as 10% healing nerf...

You're taking ~10-12% less damage due to the resillience change when you're a decently geared lock, and now you'll take/do 10% less healing. /CARE.

@Balduvian
    Siphon life, haunt, deathcoil, Vampiric embrace heals are all based on the damage you do, so with resilence buff you do 10% less dmg thus less healing and on top of that 10% global MS so they're now even weaker than before, get it? They weren't op before and shouldn't be affected by this change, that's my point. And i don't expect /care from someone who doesn't play a warlock/spriest /shoo.

drood healing will be nerfed a lot ... yay...probs not enough

shaman healing will be nerfed...it was just about in an ok place, probs still is

disc priests...hard to say, healing nerfed = devine aegis nerf but now PWS nerfed so overall come out better than most

Hpala...sacred shield is not reletively much stronger, but there other heals get nerfed the same way,

ret palas/Spriests/other self absorb classes now have slightly more survivability relative to classes that cant, they should have either nerfed healing + absorbs or done something else to bring absorbs down to the same lvl to keep things slightly more balanced...well slightly less unbalanced

This is a good thing, overall. Granted it is not a 100% fix because there is no such thing. There will always be classes and players that will feel that other classes are OP. But that's just how it's going to be. There will always be classes that trump other classes and word better in certain situations.

Players just have to learn to adapt and change to the next change that blizzard impliments. I think the biggest reasons why a lot of arena players are not liking this change are:

1) They play a class they feel is more 'hurt' by this change. (ie, play a shaman healer over a disc priest healer)
    2) They like having quick matches with the best 'burst' teams so they can play more games and get higher rating quicker.
    3) Don't enjoy the 'art' of PvP, they just like that aspect of the game and want to reap the rewards faster and easier than it is becoming.

The main thing being 2 and 3, imo. The changes to damage and healing is to have more of a chess match. For the average match to last longer. So that it is more about how you play, how you communicate and coordinate; rather than just picking the best combo that works the best against most comps you face. Taking away burst and taking away healing will force players to play both offensively and defensively at times, as well as coordinate better to get that kill.... I know the high high end rated teams already do this when facing players of same gear quality and skill. But if you think about anyone from 1500-2000 rating. Those matches are generally fairly quick. People just wanna go for the quick kill to swing the favor in their hand.

I like the changes, imo.

Deleted

Another proof that Blizz only favors Disc Priests in arena.

well, im just glad with this nerf we can probably kill geared resto druids in pug bg.

SOOOOOOOOOOO STUPIDDDD.

How Is reducing Healing by 10% GONNA DO ANYTHING MAN.

U BUFF RESILIENCE, NERF HEALING... I HATE THIS GAME IM ABOUT TO QUIT.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear
    ???

Since Disc Priests are probably the best healer in arena at the moment, right?

Resto Druid/Holy Pala are far inferior to DiscPriests overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear
    since most of disc priests absorbs come from divine aegis not PWS, and divine aegis is based on crit healing done, it will still suffer the 10% nerf, so tbh disc priests dont really get a less of a nerf than most other healers, if anything, holy palas come out better than disc priests

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    Can *ANYONE* please explain how healing in BG's was "Way to high" - i would *REALLLLY* like to know who is making this nonsense up.

BTW, its just going to get higher. I'll just wear PVE gear to BGs now and do 40% more healing than what my PVP gear could ever achieve and even with nerf i'll output 30% larger heals.

Its just the wrong way to fix a problem that isn't a problem.
    Healing has been a dominant force in PvP in just about every season, with the notable exception being season 5. If I am queuing for a BG on either my shaman or pally, I spec healer because it will typically allow me to have a more significant impact on the game than a dps spec would. I love healing and I spend the majority of my BG time healing. Despite this preference, I agree this nerf was completely warranted.

Throughout WotLK, burst has been a major issue (I don’t just mean healing, I am including damage in this as well). Blizzard tackled half of the problem with the resilience change, but it left burst healing untouched until today. Now the devs are subjecting healing and damage to similar reductions in order to get both under control. I don’t think a 10% MS aura is the best way to implement this and I expect that this will be revisited in Cata, but it was a quick way to alleviate the disparity in burst potential between heals and damage in pvp.

If anything, all these changes (resil change & MS aura) still culminate into a minor buff for healing. With the speed of PvP slowed, healers have more time to react to incoming damage and target switching. Additionally, CC duration has not changed, meaning that it is more difficult to control a healer during a kill attempt (more time to kill a target vs same amount of CC time). If blizzard had put both changes in at the same time, there wouldn’t be this whiplash from healers that you are now seeing.

As for your second point, that is just a foolish statement for a wide array of reasons. I hope you don’t consider that to be sound reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti Sticks

If anything, all these changes (resil change & MS aura) still culminate into a minor buff for healing. With the speed of PvP slowed, healers have more time to react to incoming damage and target switching. Additionally, CC duration has not changed, meaning that it is more difficult to control a healer during a kill attempt (more time to kill a target vs same amount of CC time). If blizzard had put both changes in at the same time, there wouldn’t be this whiplash from healers that you are now seeing.
    Its not a whiplash, its a "wtf"..

if you reduce incoming dmg by 10% and you reduce heals by 10% aren't you back to square one solving absolutely nothing? Resiliance i don't think translated into a flat 10% dmg reduction as much as saying "hey lets nerf healers 10% now" - especially in the realm of BG's and WG where resiliance doesn't really matter as much unless you like to go one on one - which is useless and painfully slow from any healers perspective.

As for your second point, that is just a foolish statement for a wide array of reasons. I hope you don’t consider that to be sound reasoning.
    I don't think you understand where i'm coming from then. I don't care for arena at all, however for BG's and WG let me put gear into perspective:

PVE gear has 50% more regen
    PVE gear has 20-30% more SP
    PVE gear has 70% more haste

A full relentless geared resto druid is going to OOM before a PVE geared one. He's also going to have smaller heals pre & post nerf. He's also going to have slower casts & fewer casts.

My point is they balanced BG's on WG on a shity assumption that there was balance to begin with. Now i can imba that balance and simply go in with PVE gear. Heck, i can gem some resiliance if i want to and still have 30% more throughput post nerf than a PVP geared druid.

With an "aura" or some type of PVP flag then mixing in PVE gear would be crap for BG's and WG but right now, i can basically ignore what blizz has assumed (that we all wear pvp gear) and heal like the nerf never happened.

if you ask me, this nerf just made PVP gear craptastic and gave us more of a reason to use PVE gear - thats sort of my point that i didn't spell out earlier.

Sure, for arena's you really need that resiliance where you are going to be one on one but you don't have that playstyle at all in BG's and WG.

It's 10 percent, suck it up you cry babies.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    It's 10 percent, suck it up you cry babies.
    is that the best you could come up with? no intelligent argument? no stats? no figures? just something childish, immature and completely baseless?

nice

10+ Year Old Account

Thank god, in full furious gear and a ilvl 251 wep as a dk I could not take down a healer by himslef just spamming heals on himself. It was rediculous, bu thank you blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Danktus
    Thank god, in full furious gear and a ilvl 251 wep as a dk I could not take down a healer by himslef just spamming heals on himself. It was rediculous, bu thank you blizz.
    Don't think the nerf is going to change this. 10% reduction in healing is mostly just gonna reduce the overheals unless they decide to nerf haste and GCD's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    Don't think the nerf is going to change this. 10% reduction in healing is mostly just gonna reduce the overheals unless they decide to nerf haste and GCD's as well.
    Not true. At the start of the fight, yes, but once you get into the real important part where people nearly die that 10% is going to matter. Not all heals hit nearly full people. When someone is being bursted and the healer is trying to break from CC and get anything off that they can...every bit of healing helps.