Thoughts on great new gear going to bad players.

I really don't like VoA. It ensures that terrible players will eventually be running around with atleast 2 pieces of new 264 gear. It is really a kick in the face for the hardcore players who have had to raid every week with their guild and wait to get a token to get their 264 legs and hands.

Plz share your thoughts on all this business...

Re: Thoughts on great new gear going to bad players.

Congrats on your new gear!

Sure it means bad players will get gear eventually, but it also means good guilds with good members get good gear much faster. So its like a win win. Win for goods. Win for bads/alts. Therefore I'm ok with it.
    "I will seek out my enemies, and woe betide those who set themselves against me."
    -King Varian Wrynn

If you think your so hardcore then let your gear show it :\ since your going to be running around in gear that says HEROIC so im sure you can still show how pro you are eh? Who cares if they get the same gear.

First, I have NEVER got a mainspec Tier in VOA and ran it every week on 10 and 25 (assuming that we have WG during raid nights). So it does not guarantee they get it. I have bad luck on rolls/drops

Second, someone else getting gear doesn't affect my fun. My fun is raiding with guildies and gear is a way to help beat the encounter. Gear is not the end goal, the gear helps get to the end goal.

Third, if it is so easy to get and guaranteed, why the heck are you using the tokens on those pieces??? Use it on the head shoulders and chest. that way you can have all 5 pieces if you want for the price of 3 tokens, and they will only have 2.
    "Peace is a lie"

Gear is Gear, achievements is where its at these days

Yarly

Bad players with good gear are still bad.
    Good players getting good gear faster is good.

Let them have their handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladzeimpalr
    I really don't like VoA. It ensures that terrible players will eventually be running around with atleast 2 pieces of new 264 gear. It is really a kick in the face for the hardcore players who have had to raid every week with their guild and wait to get a token to get their 264 legs and hands.

Plz share your thoughts on all this business...
    This topic is both new and interesting. It has been recurring every single season during WLK when new VoA boss is added, and everything that can be said has already been said in previous 5673569279 threads.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Roflpwnt

You know
    I don't give a fuck about that anymore, seeing as to how, even with free 264's

... They can't use them
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

You lose 264 lewt bro?
    u mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    This topic is both new and interesting. It has been recurring every single season during WLK when new VoA boss is added, and everything that can be said has already been said in previous 5673569279 threads.

yeah... what he said...

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    LOL

Seriously though, perhaps you should not use gear as a rating system. People can also buy premade toons off of ebay, you're not going to stop it. I think that Blizz is doing a great thing with the random daily and VoA. Some people do not belong to raiding guilds, but they still want to experience end game content. I was in that bucket until recently, and I was very grateful that I could get 245 gear relatively easily and make it past the "must have xxxx gearscore" crap that was keeping me out of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781
    LOL

Seriously though, perhaps you should not use gear as a rating system. People can also buy premade toons off of ebay, you're not going to stop it. I think that Blizz is doing a great thing with the random daily and VoA. Some people do not belong to raiding guilds, but they still want to experience end game content. I was in that bucket until recently, and I was very grateful that I could get 245 gear relatively easily and make it past the "must have xxxx gearscore" crap that was keeping me out of raids.
    I have to agree with this 100%. I hit 80 on my DK the first christmas WotLK came out and i stopped playing him until January of this year and that meant i had A LOT of catching up to do. Thanks to being able to get T9 gear relatively easy i can now make it into ICC with my DK and not have to sit back watching vids of guilds downing the boss I've been dieing to see since WotLK first came out.

Meh I don't mind. I found VoA nice for offset gear and for alts.

As for bads getting good gear... Could really care less, I think it's funny when they think they're leetzorz.

Also, it's nice for casuals to get gear if they don't have time to raid on a daily basis.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

VoA is the most random collection of drop tables in the game. It's not a reliable source to get gear. It's not even a reliable place to raid due to the control of Wintergrasp (have to convince a bunch of PvErs that they need to PvP? RIDICULOUS!).

No one's making you go.

Seriously. Bads will still be bads. Join a guild if you don't want them in your raid.

People who pug will get great gear...so they can continue pugging! GASP! What a concept?!

It's not like having two pieces of i264 will make Arthas explode like a loot piñata and shower all of the baddies with Shadowmournes and horsies and ePeen flexors.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    It's not like having two pieces of i264 will make Arthas explode like a loot piñata and shower all of the baddies with Shadowmournes and horsies and ePeen flexors.
    WTB ePeen flexor!!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    WTB ePeen flexor!!
    Next patch they will be on emblem vendor
    "Peace is a lie"

This topic is neither new or interesting....

Now we will discuss layers.

What has layers? Parfait have layers :P
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry, this is just asking for flames.