Macro idea - could use some help

I DW Frost, and since it works on priority as opposed to rotation, I was wondering - you know how when certain spells are blacked out because either you don't have enough RP or the right runes, can this be duplicated?

What do I mean by this - suppose you have a Howling Blast button, right? However, it's blacked out, unless there's a Rime Proc. This way, you're more inclined to hit Obliterate or you don't have to constantly be checking your buffs in the top right - is there a way to macro for this? So that the attack becomes usable only when a proc is up?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Macro idea - could use some help

Not entirely sure about this, but iirc Macros can NOT check for buffs. So you'll probably have to stick with an addon like PowerAuras.

What zao said. Macros cannot check your buffs or proc or use an "if then" idea. (If my proc is up I can use howling blast.)

While it isn't possible to do this sort of thing with macros you can do something similar with power auras.

If you aren't familiar with the addon I would reccomend trying it, it's great for monitoring procs.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...asClassic.html

As the posters above stated, Powerauras are good for what you want. There are also other choices. DKFight is easily set up to alert you with audio and visual alerts to Killing Machine and Rime procs. Tellmewhen is another mod that does the same. Personally, when i was dw-frost, I used DKFight.