[Enh] Best proffesion combination

I am wondering what combination of proffesions will give the best dps burst.

My initial idea was BS+JC, but come again from BS - 2 extra gem sockets (the 3rd one is not BS speciffic), from JC 3 special gems, if you add the bonuses (from JC special gems and compare them with epic gems) it is around 60 AP or other stat

What about LW+Inscription ? - 130 AP on bracers from LW and another AP gain from inscription ?

Engineering + LW maybe ?

P.S. I am not interested in making a profit with them, just a pure dps gain

If you know please reply.

This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of the world.

Re: [Enh] Best proffesion combination

engineer + jc

BS+JC because the extra sockets can be gemmed with expertise since our tier 10 are lacking it and you can socket improved haste gems as a JC. Other than that I'd say BS+Eng or JC+Eng, Eng for the glove haste enchant and boot enchant is not bad either.

Well, you would go with JC+BS for the best damage, in PvE that is, due to the freed 2 sockets for haste, and/or hit, depending if you are crit capped with your current amount of hit. Engineering I wouldn't recommend, as boot enchant is very situational, and its passive gain is only crit, whereas icewalker gives hit+crit (And hit is very valuable in higher gear levels), and haste usage takes an enchant slot as well. But it's not too picky, got enchanting and JC myself, and I'm talking pretty much only of about 10-15 DPS difference compared to BS, and I get the other more "profitable" stuff from enchanting instead.

And the stat scaling may change in Cata as well (AP used to be the best stat for enha to gem/go for in naxx/ulduar times), so in a few months, maybe AP, agi or some other stat will be best, or maybe the profession will get some new stuff added into it. So if you got profession(s) you like instead of BS and/or JC, just stick with it/them. Useless to cry over 10-15 DPS, if your raid fails coz of that, then there is something else wrong in the raid anyways.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by olaf4uduh
    engineer + jc
    Or

Engineer generic 80 atk profession. Depends on where your gear is. BS/JC IS NOT BEST OVERALL

thank you.

Do some math stop guess because ooo 2 more sockets much be the best... NO!

Simmed out JC BS and it was a DPS loss for me in my current gear no matter how I gemmed...

Oh and whoever said no to Eng because boots blah blah blah. We have a tinker for gloves that give haste every minute. It can be combined with Shamanitic rage and be used at the same time... WHEEE
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

To answer your question- there is no right answer.

It has been noted in previous posts on the same topic that all profession bonuses average out VERY close to one another in terms of "damage" boosts. Generally the bonus is ~80AP no matter which profession you look at.

For example:

BS- you get 2 extra gem sockets (putting 40AP in both slots gives 80AP)
    JC- you can use 3 special JC gems instead of regulars (+68AP instead of +40 gives +28AP per gem 28*3=78AP)
    Inscr- you get shoulder rune which grants 120AP 15 crit while the regular one grants 40AP 15 crit (80AP gain)

And so on.

Its up to you which profession best benefits your role. Some people can manage better DPS out of engineering rocket boots because they utilize the speed to stay in melee during fights with lots of movement etc. Just figure out what benefits your play style the best.

I've been tempted lately to drop Alch and pick up Eng as I'm pretty sure the haste use on gloves is hands down the biggest dps gain of all the professions. Add the rocket boots enchant as well for movement heavy fights and I'd say just about nothing can compare.

Deleted

Its a pointless question.

The difference between the professions is more than outweighed by the difference you'd get from simply putting in more practice in getting your priorities right and timing them better. Unless you are one of the top 100 Enh Shamans in the world and geared the best you can be things like getting 1 new piece of gear or making sure you have the best combination of gems/enchants will up your dps far far more than spending a fortune changing your professions.

I find that people who chase an extra 10-15dps from changing professions tend to have far far greater underlying dps issues than can be solved by switching profession. Its a fools errand, and a waste of time and money you could be spending on a bit of practice, better gems/enchants etc.

After switching from Alchemy to Engineering I got additional 150 dps according to RAWR.
    And, as from my expirience, my performance and survivability in raids has increased significantly due to more focused burst (+200 haste and shamanistic rage on one button - heavy burst) and increased run speed - for example at Ooze event :-)
    My second profession is JC - it is more flexible in my eyes: I can switch to different stats which I lack.

JC- you can use 3 special JC gems instead of regulars (+68AP instead of +40 gives +28AP per gem 28*3=78AP)
    last time i checked, 28*3 was 84

could be only me, though :P

also, jc gives you the free option to deside wether you take a 34 haste, 34 expertise, 34 hit or 68 ap gem

the 2extra statpoints plus the higher flexibility of taking any stat instead of simply attackpower is what makes jc a little better than your normal +80 ap profession.

engineering isn´t really that awesome unless you have high ilvl gear ( so that haste gets a high ep value ) plus t10 2pc bonus ( so that you can sinc gloves with shamanistic rage ). is that the case however, together with nitroboos engineering offers it starts to be better for enh than any other proffession, and it adds other goodies like

wormhole generator, dalaran-bank, gyrocopter, tinkers ( hsa´s, nitro´s etc ), mote collecting, engineering pets and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

i could use pop profs like jc and bs for expertise but still i m useing lw and inscription. Fine with that

bottom line

which ever one you like the best. This is the correct answer.

engineer+jc.
    engi is not a generic 80ap prof, it has the haste enchant on gloves witch is like an extra haste pot and the boots enchant with speed boosts. the speed boost used at the right time will provide in the biggest dps increase on fights with adds or teleporting bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    The place with the best beers in the world!

JC + ENG
    => ENG for imba saronite bombs... Heard they are good...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by velkanius
    JC + ENG
    => ENG for imba saronite bombs... Heard they are good...
    ENG is better for enh because of the hyperspeed accelerators.

Not the bombs
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    ENG is better for enh because of the hyperspeed accelerators.

Not the bombs

I think he was talking about Ensidia's recent "exploit"

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    last time i checked, 28*3 was 84
    LAWL dunno what I was thinkin that day

alchy + jc are the best.
    with those you will make 200g in 5 minutes each day.

Its not about the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Its a pointless question.

The difference between the professions is more than outweighed by the difference you'd get from simply putting in more practice in getting your priorities right and timing them better. Unless you are one of the top 100 Enh Shamans in the world and geared the best you can be things like getting 1 new piece of gear or making sure you have the best combination of gems/enchants will up your dps far far more than spending a fortune changing your professions.

I find that people who chase an extra 10-15dps from changing professions tend to have far far greater underlying dps issues than can be solved by switching profession. Its a fools errand, and a waste of time and money you could be spending on a bit of practice, better gems/enchants etc.
    It's BS + JC at the highest level. I got yelled at by the Jerks for posting numbers about this in the BiS list thread but whatever. I got a pretty big increase over the basic +80 ap professions by gemming for hit/haste through the extra sockets and JC gems. Using extra hit from those professions also enables the use of a second axe from heroic LK, to replace the Keleseth's Seducer. If we're looking for the theoretical max DPS then those professions are the way to go, at least as far as I could manage with my sims.