Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Top 3 favorite Lore characters and why

1- Rastakhan, Lord of the Zandalar Trolls
    Not so much the character as the culture he represents. I'm not crazy about ZG as an instance, but I thoroughly enjoyed the lore on the Zandalar tribe that came along with it. From what Blizzard has fleshed out, they sound pretty badass. Maybe its just that they refer to paladins as heathens, but meh.

2- Thrall
    My faction leader, right or wrong. It will be sad indeed to see him play a less active role in leading the Horde come cataclysm.

3- Jaina
    Easily my favorite Alliance character. More than any human in game she is responsible for the victory at Hyjal. Shame she plays second fiddle to a jackass like Wrynn.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Deleted

1. Broxigar
    So he survives three wars, moans about wanting to die in a field of battle, gets thrown back in time and soloes thousands of demons, before he decides to run in and be the only living being to ever hurt Sargeras... and with a regular war axe. It wouldn't even surprise me if he gave up going "yeah, kill me and get it over with" instead of slashing Sargeras even more.

I don't know if I'm going to be allowed to post other characters on the list to compare to him or if that'll cause him to afterlife cleave me, but here goes...

2. Kel'Thuzad
    I like him for very many reasons, not the least being that he wasn't really evil. Anyone who've read "Path to Damnation" knows what I'm talking about; he was just a loyal fool, a heretic trying to bend the lines in order to get a perfect magic to defend against invaders.
    When Wc3 plays in, he's already succumbed to the influence of Ner'Zhul; before doing so, he had never dreamed of using necromancy against humanity.
    Oh, that, and every single reason everyone else loves him.

3. Arthas.
    It's been pretty much said right now. Also SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER how he re-awakens from the grasp of Ner'zhul when Frostmourne breaks in the cinematicEND OF SPOILER END OF SPOILER!!!

1) Malfurion - Love his story

2) Tirion - the end of his book is a real heart jerker, gets me everytime

3) Medivh - So powerful always had some good in him, love it that he is able to return as a good guy. Pity that no one listened to him about arthas though.

15+ Year Old Account

Illidan, Thrall/Grom, Arthas. Can't really explain why. These 3(4) characters just have the best storylines ever made imo.

In no specific order I'd have to say:

Malfurion: The first mortal druid, and true leader of the night elves. (Can't wait for the book)

Medivh: Possesed by Sargeras while Aegwynn was pregnant. Threw all of the Eastern Kingdoms into chaos by opening the Dark Portal and bringing the orcs to Azeroth. And finally redeeming himself in part by guiding Jaina and Thrall to Kalimdor and in part by fathering Med'an

Velen: The first mortal to outright resist Sargeras. He saved the pure Draenei from his demonic corruption. And he has a tail.