Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: AH 24h for real cash

Quote Originally Posted by zalz
    This slippery slope bullshit you have been crying about all topic long is nothing but a creation of your own imagination.

Blizzard sells pets on the site and it's crazy people like yourself that begin to preach doom because your convinced this is just the start and that blizz can never escape going down a slippery slope towards selling gear on the main site.
    Except that history has confirmed the "slippery slope" argument to be true. It's a valid argument when it's supported by evidence. Which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Because the LFG system is now a core mechanic. They removed the LFG channel and reworked the entire system. The AH, similar to the companion pets, faction transfers, realm transfers, name changes, race changes and everything else, are all 'convenience' features.
    There are lots of things that aren't "core mechanics" using this logic.

I sent this idea to Blizzard 1,5 years ago. No joke.
    Send me a private message and I'll send the original email and the responses to it.

I want 50% of the cash they make of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I never said Ret was faceroll, I said your bitching is a mirror image to that entire community's attitude. You'd fit in well over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

10+ Year Old Account

i would say that the "premium service" will be for accoutns that are on an active subscription, so you wont have to pay anymore money than you would normally, but if you cancle your account then you won't be able to use it any more?? thats just my opinion :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Absolutely

MMO champ has about 100 000 registered users, but possibly 1% of those actually posts...well..more than 10 posts at least. The majority idd plays just for fun and takes the game as it is. Certainly Blizzard tracks what we say on forums, but at the same time they also track and scrutenize what the 90% that aren't vocal do every day.

All my RL friends who play the game have a much healthier attitude towards it than I have. They play in blissful ignorance

-no forums
    -no research
    -no raids
    -no guides
    -just for fun
    Yeah. I must say that forums have really ruined playing wow for me. Half the time while playing wow, i alt tab to check out 'what QQ is new' on the forums. Then ill spend 5 minutes 'afk' on wow to reply. I constantly read negatives that are blown way out of proportion
    "ZOMG WTF RET PALLIES 1 SHOT ME!"
    "Yeah, in 8 GCDs. >.>"

Although research in my opinion is fun. Getting the right rotation, and pew pew watch your dps increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

where are we reading this information from?

My thoughts on this.

You pay your basic subscription to have access to this game.

Added services (aka optional extra cost to you):

Name change - you had your chance to pick one when you created a character.

Character recusomisation - again you had your chance at the character creation screen.

Race change, Faction change etc, you see the pattern? It is your decision for whatever reason why should they give you it free?

Why not just log in and use the AH, I know I will. Blizzard is still a business and although you and I will not pay for the AH thing I am sure there are those who will.
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisley
    you can buy pets. lil KT and the pandaren monk? When you bought the pandaren monk before new years they donated money to charity.
    After learning so much in advertising classes about child influence on spending ive come to 2 conclusions: (1) advertising to kids is a great way to make money because (2) parents wont discipline their children when they throw tantrums (which is a huge reason society is like it is today).

If you dont want it, don't pay for it. If you do want it, pay for it. Blizz does make enough money, but if they are going to have to maintain new servers specifically for this, then they have the right to charge for the maintenance/upkeep of them.

And the "8 year old economics companies make money" approach is perfectly valid. The truth is any COMPANY that donates money is doing it for A) PR or B) tax breaks (charitable donations are often tax deductible). Any time a company gives you new features its for the same reason. Individuals in the company may have more scrupulous motives, but the corporation as a whole functions only to generate profit. If they could have 11 million subscribers and still be sitting on the 1.0 patch with no potential to lose your subscription fee... they'd layoff all the devs and keep the 11,000,000*15 a month to spread across the server upkeep team and the execs.
    I must not be remembering correctly. Anyways as you say, the panda is for charity. Not blizz and its greediness. Not sure about KT.

Other pets are simply incentives, such as the murloc marine thing from Blizz con. You dont pay for the pet, you paid to get into blizzcon and get a free pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol
    where are we reading this information from?
    Did you check the front page of this forum? Where all of the news is posted?

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    I must not be remembering correctly. Anyways as you say, the panda is for charity. Not blizz and its greediness. Not sure about KT.

Other pets are simply incentives, such as the murloc marine thing from Blizz con. You dont pay for the pet, you paid to get into blizzcon and get a free pet.
    Correction: the panda was 50% for charity for a few weeks, and is no longer.