Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Edge or T10 ?

hello paladin forums
    I play a blood elf ret paladin and im stuck in front of 2 options... either to buy t10 or buy saronites for shadow edge.
    I have full t9 with edge of agony normal mode.

some people would say that i should farm gold for the saronites and buy them off AH but its not a good option for me cuz its hard and expensive.

I do raid icc25 each week with guild but the chance to get good plate dps loot is always low so far since the past 2 weeks and considering that t10 is a bit lower ilvl than the drops from icc25

i already have the blood from rotface and festergut and 2 saronites, i can buy like 10 saronites with my frost emblems.

so which one should i get ? Saronites or T10 gear ?

Re: Shadow Edge or T10 ?

Shadow's Edge costs 23*25 = 575 Badges

Full set costs 3*95 + 2*60 = 405 Badges

Set will be good for a long time and is upgradeable - Shadow's Edge is not much better, than the ICC 25 normal weapons !_!

=> Get the set.

2pc t10 is an amzing set bonus, that should be #1 priority. After that you can go either way, but i suggest 4pc t10 before you save for axe. There are weapons in icc 25, bryntroll off the first boss is almost as good as shadow's edge.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Bryntroll and SE are 50 dps +- from each other
    Me and another Ret pala nearly same equip
    always race in raids and its pretty much the same he SE and me Bryntroll

If u Cant afford Bryntroll trough Dkp get Dual Blade Butcher or the ToTc 10 hc equivalent from the Chest

thank u for all the replies concerning this...
    t10 ilvl is actually less than the normal drops from ICC25 so they can be easily replaced however for the set bonus they are indeed cool...

the thing is the guild wants me to be the 1st melee dps to get shadow edge/shadowmourne so they are helping me out and they sell me the saronites 70% less than AH price atm but so far i got 2 saronites from guild bank cuz the others where used to buy recipes

so far i think ill stick with keeping the emblems until further notice. tonight we are raiding ICC25 and i hope some good things will drop.

Bryntoll is so close to SE it's almost not noticable, not to mention the heroic version will be ALOT better and not so hard to obtain as it's from the first boss.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted

It really isnt THAT hard to make enough gold to buy saronites...

Quote Originally Posted by pavulon
    yea, depending on the price on your server its just somewhere around 75-100k gold ...
    really not that hard ... you're fucking kidding me right?

edit: and to stay on topic, buy the t10 set pieces first.

Get the tier set; Shadow's Edge is a good weapon, yes, but 25 Saronites' worth of badges is disproportionate to the benefit.

Personally I'd go with the tier. Especially if you run 25icc each week, you are bound to get a token at some point.

Like others have said, weap off first boss is almost as good as SE.

Also, my server saronite is around 1800g now (down from like 7k.. lol). After I get all my tier I will most likely use my badges to just buy the saronite. ( 3 80s helps with that lol)

But yea, def get the tier first. More valuable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    yea, depending on the price on your server its just somewhere around 75-100k gold ...

You've got to be trolling right.. if you cant afford to get 75k gold for a weapon you shoulden't play the game simple.. I've been down to 200g upon a time and yes i hated it then i start trading on the AH buying epic uncut gems, selling them 100g expensiver... quite simple now i got thundra, chopper and 82k gold on my main and just about 40k on my bank...

(spelling errors are there on purpose)

<--- went with the Tier instead, and love the holy meat grinder. It's more like a light blender really...

get 2T10 and then buy saronites with your badges and your alt's badges
    use profs to make money

The goal is not to get SE, the goal is to get shadowmourne.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Deleted

100k.... WHAT?
    I paid about 54k for mine (that was 10 days ago)
    I had 14k gold before i started playing with AH. Reached 54k after 10 days.
    So its NOT that hard...

So its NOT that hard...
    Reaching 4k / day is rather hard if you have a life.... and rather demanding even if you haven't.
    I guess you took BS as a profession? :P
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleria
    You've got to be trolling right.. if you cant afford to get 75k gold for a weapon you shoulden't play the game simple.. I've been down to 200g upon a time and yes i hated it then i start trading on the AH buying epic uncut gems, selling them 100g expensiver... quite simple now i got thundra, chopper and 82k gold on my main and just about 40k on my bank...

(spelling errors are there on purpose)
    ofcourse i'm not trolling, i'm serious. you have to remember that there are people with professions not suitable to earn ridiculous amounts of money through the ah and not enough time to waste on "playing the ah" instead of doing raids.

I have a very large server and If i were to buy it outright I'm looking at ~40-50,000g.

100k.... WHAT?
    I paid about 54k for mine (that was 10 days ago)
    So its NOT that hard...
    Depending. On. Your. Server.

ofcourse i'm not trolling, i'm serious. you have to remember that there are people with professions not suitable to earn ridiculous amounts of money through the ah and not enough time to waste on "playing the ah" instead of doing raids.
    I raid 4 time a week, im on the AH for 1 hour a day ... and i got Tailoring (for the mounts :P) and mining.. i dont see your point

Quote Originally Posted by Teleria
    I raid 4 time a week, im on the AH for 1 hour a day ... and i got Tailoring (for the mounts :P) and mining.. i dont see your point
    first of how the hell did i think of 75-100k? i meant somewhere between 40-50k O.o
    and second it may sound stupid (and probably really is) but all that i hear is people telling "yea i played tha ah and earned 3 bazillion gold in 1 week" what the hell is that supposed to mean? i really have no idea. my point is i don't know what the fuck to do to earn these amounts of money since i never bothered doing it. i always had enough.