15+ Year Old Account

PvP Gear question

So what exactly do you need to have a rating for to get the new PvP gear? Just the weapons? I personally hate arena, but if I could do some BG daily's that would be nice if I could pick up some of that sick looking season 8 gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvP Gear question

Ahh - thanks. I'll copy and paste that so everyone can see.

No Rating Required:
    Furious Chest
    Furious Legs
    Furious Gloves
    Furious Helm
    Furious Shoulders
    Relentless Bracer
    Relentless Belt
    Relentless Boots
    Relentless Neck
    Relentless Ring
    Relentless Cape
    Relentless Trinket
    Relentless Gloves
    Relentless Legs
    Relentless Chest
    Relentless Helm
    Relentless Shoulders
    Wrathful Bracer
    Wrathful Trinket
    Wrathful Cape
    Wrathful Neck
    Wrathful Ring

Rating Required:
    700+: Relentless Relics
    1300+: Wrathful Belt (honor)
    1400+: Wrathful Boots (honor)
    1400+: Wrathful Gloves
    1500+: Wrathful Legs
    1600+: Wrathful Chest
    1700+: Wrathful Wands/Relics/etc
    1800+: Wrathful Weapon - lvl264
    1950+: Wrathful Helm
    2000+: Wrathful Shoulders
    2200+: Wrathful Weapon - lvl277
    2300+: Wrathful Tabard

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    So what exactly do you need to have a rating for to get the new PvP gear? Just the weapons? I personally hate arena, but if I could do some BG daily's that would be nice if I could pick up some of that sick looking season 8 gear.
    PVP gear has a minimum arena rating, so you MUST do some arenas to get arena gear.

And locks in PvP lawls. Affl is still good if you like PvPing as affliction, and never killing anyone with any kind of speed. With the changes to resil+conflag, destro is completely broken in PvP now.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, they should revert the conflag changes now and make it 100% again. Kinda BS you can get T10.25 Legs and Hands without stepping foot inside ICC, but you HAVE to do Arena to get S8 gear.

Deleted

Yeah, they should revert the conflag changes now and make it 100% again. Kinda BS you can get T10.25 Legs and Hands without stepping foot inside ICC, but you HAVE to do Arena to get S8 gear.
    Assume you are talking about VoA for the legs and hands... So you can get legs and hands of S8 the exact same way?

15+ Year Old Account

Nope, you get the wrathful wrists and belt, not any of the S8 pieces. I like how you can get two pieces of T10.25 never stepping foot in ICC and the rest of reg. T10 just doing heroics, but you HAVE to do arena to get a single item from the S8 set. Seems f'd up to me.

you can get rele set without doing arena
    will take some time,aswell as doing hc everyday for 2 frosts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".

15+ Year Old Account

Reckless set is S7 though. I haven't looked but in the past, you could buy the previous seasons gear with the current emblems. i.e Triumph emblems could get you Furious gear. I suspect, you can now use Frost emblems to buy Reckless gear if you actually wanted to (haven't confirmed this)

So how is that fair? Emblems get you a previous seasons PvP tier but the current tier of PvE gear. If they are going to just hand out T10 to people without requiring any end game raiding, why can't they hand out S8 PvP gear without doing arena? It's lopsided bullshit. I hate arena but I think I should be able to get the gear without doing it. I say this because anyone in their brother can get T10 without doing ICC.

Now, if you want to prevent people from getting T10 who don't do ICC, I'm fully behind that, but until that day comes they should make it fair and allow people who don't do arena to get S8 gear.

Reckless set is S7 though. I haven't looked but in the past, you could buy the previous seasons gear with the current emblems. i.e Triumph emblems could get you Furious gear. I suspect, you can now use Frost emblems to buy Reckless gear if you actually wanted to (haven't confirmed this)

So how is that fair? Emblems get you a previous seasons PvP tier but the current tier of PvE gear. If they are going to just hand out T10 to people without requiring any end game raiding, why can't they hand out S8 PvP gear without doing arena? It's lopsided bullshit. I hate arena but I think I should be able to get the gear without doing it. I say this because anyone in their brother can get T10 without doing ICC.

Now, if you want to prevent people from getting T10 who don't do ICC, I'm fully behind that, but until that day comes they should make it fair and allow people who don't do arena to get S8 gear.
    You clearly don't know what you are talking about because I got S8 gloves today in VoA.

I do however think it's BS the hardest bosses in the game don't even drop tier gear, just a token which requires you to have badges to even get. But you can get free tier in VoA off a pathetically easy boss. GG Blizz

Get the "Free T10-264" from VoA too, save your tokens for the other parts, and save your DKP for weapons, trinkets, etc.

Profit.
    - Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance? -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophane
    Get the "Free T10-264" from VoA too, save your tokens for the other parts, and save your DKP for weapons, trinkets, etc.

Profit.
    Not really, most people should have 2-3 tier already unless they pissed their badges away on something else or they don't raid every week.

I'm all for casual friendly, but this is just stupid considering how T10 works. They specifically set T10 up so it would prolong the content. Also, the entire reason for the gating system in ICC is to prolong the content. So why the hell did they they change their mind, and start giving out free T10.25 loot? It would make much more sense if it dropped the token instead of actual gear.

My guess is something's changed, either cata is closer then anyone things (unlikely) or blizzard realized they cant stretch ICC until cata is released, and have started working on another content patch (likely).

Deleted

I'm all for casual friendly, but this is just stupid considering how T10 works. They specifically set T10 up so it would prolong the content. Also, the entire reason for the gating system in ICC is to prolong the content. So why the hell did they they change their mind, and start giving out free T10.25 loot? It would make much more sense if it dropped the token instead of actual gear.
    I'm pretty sure they always intended for Toravon to drop T10 gloves and legs, since this is how all VoA bosses have worked. I think it was taken into account when they designed 3.3, and if you think about it, most people are just hitting their 4pc round about now, when Lich King becomes available and hard modes start to become unlocked, which was probably considered too.

Deleted

Nope, you get the wrathful wrists and belt, not any of the S8 pieces. I like how you can get two pieces of T10.25 never stepping foot in ICC and the rest of reg. T10 just doing heroics, but you HAVE to do arena to get a single item from the S8 set. Seems f'd up to me.
    Check my armory (assuming its still in pvp gear), you most definately get the Wrathful gloves as the guy up a few posts also said.

So, I re-iterate you can get the S8 pieces in exactly the same way...

Does Toravon drops Chest/Legs and Gloves? :-\

I have 3 chars at 80, and killed toravon on both 10 and 25 man on all 3 of them:
    I've seen Wrathful gloves + legs drop. (25 man).
    Relentless offsets (cant remember which ones, could have been bracers) and relentless gloves (10 man).
    Tier 10.25 gloves and legs. (25 man)
    This leads me to believe toravon10 drops normal t10 gloves and legs and toravon25 drops wrathfull offsets.

*edit* Found this on wowwiki:
    Toravon the Ice Watcher is the final raid boss in Vault of Archavon, and drops Tier 10 gloves and legs, as well as PvP boots and belts.