Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shiny new Daggers... Blizz hates us.

Sooo looks like the Lich King drops a sexay dagger, oh yeah, can't wait to get my hands on that... lets look at the stats... ARP!!!11111oneone

db.mmo-champion.com/i/50426/heavens-fall-kryss-of-a-thousand-lies/

db.mmo-champion.com/i/51800/stormfury-black-blade-of-the-betrayer/

It's already been doing my head in that all of the fast off-hands in ICC had ArP on them but I thought that was reasonable since CQC Combat Rogues could use a good OH (even though they'd be fine with haste or w/e) but slow mainhand daggers with ArP? You gotta be kidding me!?

Here I am trying to optimise my Mutilate gear, as little or no ArP as possible since I do more magic than physical damage these days (what's up with that lol, Enhance Shaman are doing more physical by percentage than I am)!

I don't know who Blizzard thinks is using Daggers (pretty much exclusively Muti/Sub Rogues AFAIK) so why they feel to put ArP on them at all is baffling, I'm well annoyed.

Lets hope they bring Reforging out soon huh.

Re: Shiny new Daggers... Blizz hates us.

OK, then honestly tell me: what's the fun of having ONLY the perfect items available?

You only want items with haste, ap and hit ?

It's just an item, with a stat you don't like. Well, just ignore the stat It's not like another rogue has some advantage over you or something....

I think the main gripe here is that it's Lich King loot, being the final boss of an entire expansion, you'd imagine him to drop loot that would be extremely desirable and for all specs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Meh... I'd rather have the Lich King's Dagger than teh shit daggers I have
    just play combat rogue if you feel you don't get the weapons you want ^^ as combat I can pretty much roll on everything and nobody cares.

reforging would be sweet but if it comes, it comes after cataclysm.

How does Blizzard hate us?

By giving us a BiS weapon that no other class or spec could want?

OH NOES, ArP ON A DAGGER!!
    Oh please, Heroic Stygian Worldbreaks (1.4s) were and still are downright amazing. Strangely enough, Arp didn't turn them into shitty weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimanche
    How does Blizzard hate us?

By giving us a BiS weapon that no other class or spec could want?

OH NOES, ArP ON A DAGGER!!
    Oh please, Heroic Stygian Worldbreaks (1.4s) were and still are downright amazing. Strangely enough, Arp didn't turn them into shitty weapons.

Of course, it's just people overreacting over nothing.

Take a look at the healer mace, it has crit, which sucks for anyone but disc priests. I bet they hate pallies, druids, shaman and holy priests, too, am I right?
    The tanking weapon has parry, which sucks for any tank. I bet they hate warriors and paladins, too, am I right?
    Expertise on a dps weapon at this gearlevel? Oooh.. I bet they hate all plate dps..
    I guess it's one massive conspiracy, blizzard hates everyone!

Seriously.. They got over it, why can't you?

Caster sword is nice ^_~

Looks like Combat Daggers is makin' a come-back! Awww shiet.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Tee hee. Pvp daggers from the end boss of the instance. Makes sense yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Tee hee. Pvp daggers from the end boss of the instance. Makes sense yeah?
    not even great for envenom PvP spec because you dont want Arp (you use envenom ;D)
    still it's a very nice dagger

Discussing Shadowmourne in BG's...
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    Thats like saying I went to a elementary school playground in a car and none of the kids could stop me from running them over.

well to be honest i find it a touch on the strange side, but id still personally take those over every other damn dagger in there respective 10/25 man mode

Deleted

Was just being overdramatic to grab attention! :P

Seriously thought Lich King loot should be BiS, with ArP sitting right at the bottom of the list of desirable stats for a Dagger wielding Rogue it's just annoying, especially if like me you have stat OCD and want 0 ArP on your sheet...

Not the end of the world, just feel like I need this weapon, but I don't want it, that feels wrong.

If LK's loot was special, had optimized stats, looked awsome, gem slots with good bonuses that u definatly will get and didn't have a hard mode loot table. And was tuned much harder in normal i bet some would be very pleased other would be a bit dissapointed.

I'm just happy if i get to be part of such an epic fight

Quote Originally Posted by JCBeastie
    Seriously thought Lich King loot should be BiS
    It is BiS for mutilate.

Yeah, armor pen is every bit as bad for pvp as it is for pve. Our kills come from bursts, and our burst is elemental.

One thing people are forgetting here. They can use some of the less desirable stats on weapons/gear that are still BiS to keep them from being completely overbearing and OP. This dagger is still pretty amazing and BiS, and chances are the ArP was added in place of something else to keep the dps upgrade of the item on par with other weapons/items in its tier.

Just because it has a less desirable stat, doesn't make it useless and a piece of garbage.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Granted, the dagger isn't perfect. But it is best-in-slot nonetheless.

Whoever thinks this dagger is horrible is missing some basic conceptions of how damage is dealt and will most likely not be lucky enough to be carried through a Lich King kill anyways.

I think some of us are just perfectionist that like to have 'THE' stats in our gear hehe. It does annoy me to see ArP on a dagger but after like 2 seconds i don't care, i just rub my dagger on my face and drool.
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.

i dont care about the armor pen, those r some sexy daggers id be proud to weild--honestly, didnt notice the armor pen, the dps made me pass out lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

another person that thinks armor pen is useless for mutilate rogues i mean ya its not the best stat but hey i still does something i mean that dagger could have no stats and stil proly be best is slot it hits like 9 trucks