15+ Year Old Account

Ret Paladin Boots iLevel264

So crafted items all have ArP, including Boots, and in ICC the only plate dps Boots also have ArP, and no non-ArP item drops so far.
    Mm?
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Re: Ret Paladin Boots iLevel264

Nevertheless boots from Lady are BiS. Go for em, boy'o.
    Stormreaver.EU

15+ Year Old Account

its not like you have choice, havent seen any other dps plate boots in icc/crafted
    The crafted one have the same stats but less of all.. wtf..
    remind me to post for it in the bug section

Just be patient. Plenty of time for deathwhisper to be on farm before gear really matters.

there are some rets that use the leather boots from the first boss with 2pct9...also not a bad option

Blood prince mail boots are a decent option if you have 2pc t10 and need hit. But really, go for the arp boots.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    its not like you have choice, havent seen any other dps plate boots in icc/crafted
    The crafted one have the same stats but less of all.. wtf..
    remind me to post for it in the bug section
    Nien, I have seen you post this about 3 times now. Have you ever compared crafted vs dropped?? In the past it was very common for crafted items to be slightly inferior to their boss drop counterparts. I would believe that this is the case with these boots.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Nien, I have seen you post this about 3 times now. Have you ever compared crafted vs dropped?? In the past it was very common for crafted items to be slightly inferior to their boss drop counterparts. I would believe that this is the case with these boots.
    doesnt make much sense
    http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=49983;49906
    comparison here

boss drop = +16crit, +8 str, -8arp
    the rest is all the same

doesnt make much sense
    http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=49983;49906
    comparison here
    I know exactly what you're saying. The problem is, you don't appear to catch where I'm coming from. In almost every situation, a drop is better than a craft. When a craft is too good, it gets nerfed (like the epic lvl 80 blacksmithing weapons were).

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I know exactly what you're saying. The problem is, you don't appear to catch where I'm coming from. In almost every situation, a drop is better than a craft. When a craft is too good, it gets nerfed (like the epic lvl 80 blacksmithing weapons were).
    Footpads of silence? Cloth ulduar belt? Dmc:g? This xpac is full of crafted bis. As far as icc loot I don't know of any that is, bit that doesn't mean there isn't any.

(ps I know where you are coming from, just pointing that out)
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Footpads of silence? Cloth ulduar belt? Dmc:g? This xpac is full of crafted bis. As far as icc loot I don't know of any that is, bit that doesn't mean there isn't any.

(ps I know where you are coming from, just pointing that out)
    The problem with your reply is that you aren't comparing apples to apples. Those items were better for the classes using them because the stats on them were desired. Had items with the same stats come from drops, they would have been superior. God forbid the crafted and dropped boots have different stats(types of stats, not values). Str/Stam/Crit/ArP didn't need two pairs. Str/Stam/Crit/Haste would have been nice to see.

15+ Year Old Account

(like the epic lvl 80 blacksmithing weapons were).
    ???
    what nerf? i think i miss that one

???
    what nerf? i think i miss that one
    Nien, where have you been?? That was 3.0.8.

Apparently this is getting some kind of spell damage nurf in patch 3.0.8. I noticed this in the patch notes on mmo-champion:

Professions

* Blacksmithing
    - Reduced the spell power on the Titansteel Guardian to bring it in line with its item level.

15+ Year Old Account

Nien, where have you been?? That was 3.0.8.
    oh that thing.. never made one for my character except for my alt Elem shaman and i switched before 3.08 xD
    the fact that it had more spell power then all the level 200 weapon was why it was nerfed :P