Poll: How much do you hate/love the choo choo train?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How annoying is the Choo choo train?

How much do you guys hate the choo choo train?

I love it and bought one back in 3.0
    However, it seems I run into A LOT of people who despise me for it. Hell, an officer in my guild gave me a firm scolding after I dropped it beofre a BQL pull on 10man.

If you hate it, why do you hate it?
    I understand it makes everyone choo choo but you can turn off effect sounds and make it go away...
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

10+ Year Old Account

Re: How annoying is the Choo choo train?

I have also had mine since 3.0 and love dropping it before boss pulls while people are buffing etc. Best 200g ever spent. Imo if people hate it as much as i love it - spend the 200g on a train wrecker.

It isn't the sound itself that I dislike, it's the attitude behind it. I don't want to raid with people who think that annoying 9-24 other people is funny.

Why should I have to turn off my sound when the only reason you bought it, self admittedly, is to annoy people? And yeah, I bought a Train Wrecker on every alt I have and the shit is hotbar'd.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    It isn't the sound itself that I dislike, it's the attitude behind it. I don't want to raid with people who think that annoying 9-24 other people is funny.
    Admit it, its the female blood elf "chugga chugga chugga chugga CHEW CHEW"

I don't play with sound on so I couldn't care less, but I do think it is funny when people drop them and everyone gets so mad.

It's become something now that you MUST groan and complain when they are dropped it seems though.

OMG TRAIN /WRISTS

Personally though I wouldn't spend 200g(LOLLOTSOFMONEY) on it or the wrecker. I do lol though about how angry people get when someone drops one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_jesus
    How much do you guys hate the choo choo train?
    Like....
    |---------------------------------------------------------------|
    That much.
    Protip: You don't need to add an apostrophe to make things plural.

personally a train-wrecker is worth a LOT more than 200g.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    personally a train-wrecker is worth a LOT more than 200g.
    Not if you don't play with sound.

15+ Year Old Account

If I could ban people in-game.. oh they'd all be gone..

Somethings in this game are just priceless, the cheers you get when you destroy a train set with the wrecker is one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    That's how you honor heroes... You put their statue in a corner, which people only visit to kill squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    I see your madness and raise you a sparta.
    Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Back here in fantasy-land, pyrite is the blue goo in those barrels in the Flame Leviathan encounter, typically used for blowing shit the fuck up.
    Sooooo.
    Yeah.

It's a pretty simple function:
    On a scale of 0-10, with 10 being "most annoying possible", T being the number of people in the raid with trains, and W being the number of people in raid with train wreckers, the Train Factor F is: (T-W). Thus the net annoyance A is 10 * F, and A is constrained to be 0 or greater.

;P

Quote Originally Posted by sk8nguitar
    I don't play with sound on so I couldn't care less
    I play worse without sound. Reguardless, train set doesn't bother me. 99% of the time I can move far enough away from the group so I can barely hear the noise.
    Failure to evolve is failure to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty
    I play worse without sound. Reguardless, train set doesn't bother me. 99% of the time I can move far enough away from the group so I can barely hear the noise.
    How the hell do you play worse without sound?

i think its the new version of the flute, but its just easier to get.....but personally i prefer the flute because the dranei males have an audible clap when they dance and with the amount of them in raids now days, its like i get a raound of applause :P

Quote Originally Posted by sk8nguitar
    How the hell do you play worse without sound?
    Without sound there is much more I need to pay attention to visually. There are some things I can listen for and take appropriate action. It has always been that way for me and I don't expect the majority of people to understand it if it's not the way they play.
    Failure to evolve is failure to us all.

Wana cave in the Skull from the Person using it... not because it anoys me but because it is the persons intention to anoy people.
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.

this forum has inspired me, I almost forgot I have a few trains on my chars, time to log in at the ah CHUG A CHUG A CHOO CHOOOOOOO!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

And we shall call it, <a href=http://www.wowhead.com/?item=11826>Lil' Smoky</a> 2.0.

If you really want to annoy people who play with sound on, especially surround sound, just pop out Lil' Smoky and let him follow the raid around.

Trains may annoy, but they're stationary annoyances.

Lil' Smoky is forever.

Back before the train wrecker was introduced, I would drop the train on the pipe to Gluth. I'd also drop it in the circle during phase one of Kel'thuzad. Ah, good times.