Shielding at Saurfang doesnt work anymore?

Hi

Last time our guild was runing icc25 like every week. I am disc priest there and I can say that shielding blood boiled ppl was effective in preventing saurfang from gaining blood power. In that week something changed. We got first mark at 85%(!) when we usualy got it in like 65%. Whats more he was gaining blood power much faster. Ok some1 told me that this could be bug, we got something like 'heroic mode'. Anyway I felt like my shields do nothing there anymore. I had the same feeling about it at 10man. Is it only my sense or PW:S isnt so effective now ;(
    Do you think it is fair due to disci priests? We lost valuability at this fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shielding at Saurfang doesnt work anymore?

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Srsly, now I feel offended. Did u even read what I wrote? I know that was bug. I am asking about blood gaining and PW: S effectivity. Becouse I felt that it doesnt work anymore even at 10 mans.

Your PW:S is irrelevant the bug caused greater blood power gain than expect so your PW:S appeared to be less effective.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krisbit
    Srsly, now I feel offended. Did u even read what I wrote? I know that was bug. I am asking about blood gaining and PW: S effectivity. Becouse I felt that it doesnt work anymore even at 10 mans.
    Srsly? U?

Seriously, you did not write that you knew it was a bug. You wrote that a person suggested to you that it could be a bug and that you could have been in heroic mode, which is completely nonsense. That's why I posted the link.

Seriously, did you even read the link I posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    Your PW:S is irrelevant the bug caused greater blood power gain than expect so your PW:S appeared to be less effective.
    Indeed it is irrelevant. That's why I posted the link. And to be honest it was never quite clear if they stealthfixed the absorbs giving no rp or not, depending on the person you asked. My raid personally never bothered with having one of our shadow or holy priests spec disc for this fight, because he didn't get much rp anyway without shielding.

But with the bug, no matter if you shield or not he will get a shitload of runic power (be it through everything giving 2 times the power, or through melee getting bloodnova'd, or through no rangecheck on stuff) no matter if you shield people or not, and no matter if they fixed the absorption or not.

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account

Apart from the above, I believe it was intended for the fight that shields generate blood power, same as heals.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    But with the bug, no matter if you shield or not he will get a shitload of runic power (be it through everything giving 2 times the power, or through melee getting bloodnova'd, or through no rangecheck on stuff) no matter if you shield people or not, and no matter if they fixed the absorption or not.
    Indeed, I checked and he was grabbing power with decent tank swapping and beast kiting (killing), so it was strange. We had 2 marks on 10 man instead of 0 (I'm usually Shadow on that fight with my OS but I couldn't be bothered to change so I stayed as Disc, so funny that we gained more!) and 4 marks on 25 instead of the 2 or 3 we should've had. Luckily healing is set to account for slip ups/bugs.

I hear he does gain RP through shields, I hear he doesn't. I am 85% sure there wasn't a blue post on this sites front page about it. So it may have been a stealth nerf (which we maybe should've been made aware of, I can think of arguments for both sides).

So, for those still not reading up on the links, this is what happened:

- Saurfang got triple runic power after 3.2 went live.
    - That was a bug. Some people speculate it to be related to the heroic mode being patched in.
    - This bug has now been fixed.

Bubbles still prevent damage. Prevented damage still don't give him runic power. It's just the damage that went through that gave three times as much runic power. Bubbles still "work".
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Bubbles still prevent damage. Prevented damage still don't give him runic power.
    The blue post in question has been updated--PW:S no longer prevents Saurfang from gaining runic power.

Good thing IMO. I was tired of people insisting priests go disc for that one fight.

Timeline: Encounter released - LOL Disc trivalizes fight. A few weeks later - Yeah, it trivializes the encounter, fixed. A few weeks later - New wing added, Saurfang is all screwed up! Two days later - Fixed! Oh yeah, but we un-fixed the shields by accident when reverting it to 3.3.0 instead of 3.3.0a. A day later - Fixed! *sweat*

People assumed it was working for a while when it wasn't and rumors got spread. Then it was legit brought back due to an oversight. Now it's fixed (again).

They should have left it bugged in my opinion. Made it an interesting fight instead of a yawn fest.

Rumor has it this was basically his "heroic" version.

- Blood Power regen is 3x
    - Blood Power from Boiling Blood goes through shields (but still absorbs the damage)
    - Melee now affected by Blood Nova

The only abilities that didn't go live were...
    - Increased HP to boss and Blood Beasts
    - Being hit by beasts reduces movement speed by 80%
    - Letting a player with mark die gives Saurfang 25% of his health

We still one shot it this week but yah, this was an interesting surprise

10+ Year Old Account

The link states that they intended to fix the "let people die on purpose" strategy. Be it off topic, they didn't fix anything. IMO our guild still finds the fight to be more manageable if you just let 1-2 of the people who get the mark die after a certain amount of time.

OK,

I dont know what realm u guy and gals are playing on but we have disc priests and we bubble, he didnt gain any runic power till he was past 40% .

we downed him right after he got 1/2 his runic. He didnt even get to Pop.

But even it is bugged or not. U play to a style ur used to. Some heals are not up for constant Flash this flash that, POM here bubble there. So IMO i think maybe ur guys DPS wasnt either high enough or u have ppl not pulling there share.

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiemo
    I dont know what realm u guy and gals are playing on but we have disc priests and we bubble, he didnt gain any runic power till he was past 40% .
    I'm sorry, but PW:S **no longer prevents Blood Power from being gained**. Your priests might need to lay off the doobie! It's always possible you got the kill before they added that hotfix.

Who cares?
    The fight is still a yawn fest...

He no longer gains blood power from mark of the fallen champion damage anyways.
    It counter balances.

But then again, why let people die in the First Place. D/I them and go on with the fight.

Tho, yes, It caused us mass confusion when he was bugged, we had 2+ marks up when he was just about going below 75%.

Either way, to be perfectly honest, Disc shields kinda made the encounter quite easy, especially on 10man, most people I talked to didn't even get a single mark up. *shrug*

I personally like the, well.. not challenge, but 'proper' having-to-actually-heal-stuff part.

10+ Year Old Account

With them fixing him back to normal, it was certainly noticeable that they have changed it so us disc priests can't make this fight trivial.

I was solo healing (In 10man last night) and towards the end I was starting to fall behind. Killed him with 98 runic power. (I think my best was 30ish)

Interesting to see how heroic mode goes.