Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: ICC BoE Distribution

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio
    So our guild had a ICC25 scheduled for tonight. I've been gearing up my prot paladin for a few weeks now and he's got pretty good gear for the most part. I'm all ready to go on my paladin to ICC, the guild leader invites me to the raid group... then whispers me and says "go on your dk"

Now I've gotten incredibly bored with my DK (DPS, one of our top 5 DPS actually) and so of course I sigh, and log over knowing that the loot I need desperately on my paladin will drop on my death knight.

I get invited, we start it up and in the first set of Damned the tank gun drops, and a warrior tank won it. Now we do more and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50447 drops. I ask if I can roll for it for my paladin and the GM flat out says, "no, why should I let you roll on it for your paladin when you're on your DK?"

I then raid quit and logged.

Comments about this? Anyone have similar pains? How does your guild handle BoEs?
    Sounds too me like youre a greedy lootwhore who wants too gear up atls over peoples mains ?

If the pally tank is / was your main, the DK is your alt and the situation was as you say then I would have let you roll on the ring to be honest. You were in on your DK because the raid leader asked you to be even though you didnt want to.

If however the DK is your main and you just prefer to play on your alt at the min then no I would not have let you roll on it.

We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio
    Actually, actually I only have two pieces of gear from ICC on my Death Knight, one being Bryntroll, and when I won that with a fair roll every one in the guild QQ'd and they still keep QQing. And every time a piece of gear drops that my DK needs my GM always goes "oh but you have bryntroll you don't need it," and normally actually GIVES the gear to the second highest roller.

My DK is not my main, it's more like my "wish it wasn't needed ever because it's incredibly boring to play" alt. My guild had told me I could and should bring my paladin because I recently did a very successful ICC10 with him and got some gear, and so I logged on him, got invited to group, then kicked and told to bring my DK. It was against my decision to bring him, and I didn't get a chance to roll on a BoE for the toon I actually ever play.
    Sounds like you have a fucked up guild. Declare a main, make it known and only raid on that main. At first, I was 100% behind your GM for not giving you a BoE for an alt, but after reading some of the other shit like you winning a roll but giving it to someone else because you got something... you need a gear reward system, and then either a new guild or new guild leadership.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Rage quitting on a guild run over loot (for your alt) is a very mature way to handle yourself.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.