Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Paragon's dps.. Thoughts?

There is a screen shot posted on the front page for the guilds dps on the lich king. Is it just me or does those numbers seem to be insanely low considering the 30% dmg boost during the fight? Or is there something I'm missing like the buff going away half way through the fight because I know during the streams of the 10 mans on tuesday there was a warrior at like 15k dps at one point. Well I guess they are doing something right since they killed him first attempt and got world first, but that hunter at 6.7k dps is making me really sad.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Re: Paragon's dps.. Thoughts?

movement fights always lower your dps - also having to stop all together, for some reason, lowers dps :P

check out the fight mechanics and videos to find other reasons maybe.

I personally wouldn't go as far to say one of the best guilds in the world suck at dps :P

There is no damage increase buff. Phase one is alot of splash damage which makes ones like warriors get insane numbers, but as we go to p1 -> p2 transition, you'll have more single target along with some ranged picking off the ice spheres. As for phase two, there's bit of movement along with target swap onto the val'kyr to burn it down. Transition from p2 to p3 is similar to the first one except there's less AoE as you have no ghouls. In the last phase you have alot of movement with certain classes being able to AoE the vile spirits while others single-target them off.

All in all, it is first of all a survivability fight. If you get everything he throws at you down then you're on the right path as learning the execution goes over dps in the beginning. I would believe that especially a guild like Paragon would first of all emphasis survivability, it does not matter if you have fancy numbers in the end as long as the boss dies.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blada
    but that hunter at 6.7k dps is making me really sad.
    i feel quite sad too... judging by the screen shot, there was at least 1 more hunter if not 2 more in the raid and my dps as a hunter is usually 6k.
    oh ya and i consider myself a casual. and i pull that 6k with sub-average gear :/

maybe i can get into a new guild lol

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren
    There is no damage increase buff.
    So does that mean the 30% buff listed on front page is the ICC-zone wide buff? lolol if so, PUGs will be able to kill 25M Festergut easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I do not know, but I failed to notice any buff while fighting the Light King.

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    i feel quite sad too... judging by the screen shot, there was at least 1 more hunter if not 2 more in the raid and my dps as a hunter is usually 6k.
    oh ya and i consider myself a casual. and i pull that 6k with sub-average gear :/

maybe i can get into a new guild lol
    can you please post your DPS on the LK encounter?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by snirgol
    can you please post your DPS on the LK encounter?
    well as i mentioned, i play casually and dont have time (yet) to progress into ICC.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Mayikillu
    heres my armory and i average at about 6k dps in raids. the highest ive seen during a fight was 7.4k during anubarak.

i now realize that i have an ardent lance equippped... my weapon is Marrowstrike with 85 AP enchant and gemmed with 10 agil and 10 crit

hardly what i would consider good enough gear to get into a great guild like Paragon

you are now consciously breathing

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    well as i mentioned, i play casually and dont have time (yet) to progress into ICC.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Mayikillu
    heres my armory and i average at about 6k dps in raids. the highest ive seen during a fight was 7.4k during anubarak.

i now realize that i have an ardent lance equippped... my weapon is Marrowstrike with 85 AP enchant and gemmed with 10 agil and 10 crit

hardly what i would consider good enough gear to get into a great guild like Paragon
    but thats my point. you can't comment on DPS without considering the encounter itself. I do 13k on twins and Anub, does that mean that my dps is 13k? because i also do about 7k on deathwhisper because of the mechanic of the fight.

Keep in mind, the fight is like 20 minutes, isn't it? Sustaining DPS over that length of time would be a lot more difficult than most bosses.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

What impresses me is 6 healers and the fact they probally could of done it with 5.

The dps first phase u get alot of cleave but after that ther is alot of standing spread out being taken away from boss etc why certain people can be lower and the fight is very long like 13 mins aint it. Well done with the 20 tries :P they probally could of had slightly higher but first try kill in 25 man ure not gunna be risking things

15+ Year Old Account

Let me get this straight... People are looking at one of the world's top guilds, that got a world first kill on the last boss of an expansion in one attempt, and they are about to judge that guild's DPS?

Short-sighted people like this amuse me.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    So does that mean the 30% buff listed on front page is the ICC-zone wide buff? lolol if so, PUGs will be able to kill 25M Festergut easily.
    SS of you in icecrown with the buff. NO buff out there this week, and i doubt it'll be 30% next week.

10+ Year Old Account

My guild's melee DPS each lose about 3k overall during Putricide, and ranged about 2k DPS. So, yeah. It's nothing new on movement based fights.

Refreshing to see a warlock at the top though, even though I play a rogue myself. It gets tiring being awesome at everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Keep in mind, they Nerfed ALL raid bosses at the end of BC, 30% less health and 30% less damage if I remember correctly. Sounds a little like they are planning on doing a similar thing here, except guilds who would like to continue playing the un-nerfed versions can.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren
    There is no damage increase buff. Phase one is alot of splash damage which makes ones like warriors get insane numbers, but as we go to p1 -> p2 transition, you'll have more single target along with some ranged picking off the ice spheres. As for phase two, there's bit of movement along with target swap onto the val'kyr to burn it down. Transition from p2 to p3 is similar to the first one except there's less AoE as you have no ghouls. In the last phase you have alot of movement with certain classes being able to AoE the vile spirits while others single-target them off.

All in all, it is first of all a survivability fight. Your dps does not really matter as long as everyone remains alive and you get everything he throws at you down. I would believe that a guild like Paragon would first of all emphasis survivability, it does not matter if you have fancy numbers in the end as long as the boss dies.
    Just going to say that not only is it a survivability fight, but the enrage timer is brutally tuned. Your DPS very very much matters.

P.S. Berserk timer is 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Keep in mind, the fight is like 20 minutes, isn't it? Sustaining DPS over that length of time would be a lot more difficult than most bosses.
    This. Along with not knowing all the mechanics of the fight by not having experienced it, you can't simply judge dps by meters. Anyone with half a brain that raids knows that meters in the end aren't everything.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    Let me get this straight... People are looking at one of the world's top guilds, that got a world first kill on the last boss of an expansion in one attempt, and they are about to judge that guild's DPS?

Short-sighted people like this amuse me.
    Words right out of my mouth.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blada
    Paragon's dps.. Thoughts?
    I'll have to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysteelz
    lol @ some of you scrubs dissing paragons dps thinking you can do just as good
    pressing 4 buttons is hard