Thread: Armor Pen Help.

Armor Pen Help.

Armory: http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...h&cn=Seraphism

I've been reading all the guides on both EJ and on MMO champs, but they seem to be giving me different perspectives on when exactly I should be gemmingfor Armor Pen. Right now I'm gemming pure agility but I'm worried that its capping my potential dps. Due to the fact that all the gear upgrades I seem to be getting arent giving me much ArP would it be better to start gemming for it?

Re: Armor Pen Help.

So Arm-pen is something I’ve been going back and forth on as well... Easy way to look at it without getting super technical is that if you can get around 350-400 passive arm-pen without gems or enchant then I would say go all in with it... with your trinket too you really only need to get about 722 passive arm-pen total.... so you need to find about 335 more arm-pen with your current gear.. BTW your should be using the +10 gem to meet your meta... and pick up a +90 agi greatness card best thing you can get for your feral druid

Stats to shoot for in order
    Hit-263
    Exp -132 (some say this really isn’t big for druids and not to worry about it)
    Arm-pen (without trinket) 1400 (with your trinket) 722
    White damage Crit Cap (assuming your hit/exp cap) around 73%
    After that Stack Strength gems

Just my impute though… everyone has their own

Google Toskk's Calculator and imput your information. Its the only way to really know if you should be gemming for it or not.

Toskk's calculator can be a little unreliable. I input my information into it and was told gem pure Agi. Done. Re-input my information, gem pure ArP. ???
    My theory on this is you should be able to reach the hit cap without gemming for it, so don't worry about it. Expertise isn't big but if you can find it on gear, awesome. The only reason I still want a Battered Hilt.
    Armor Pen in and of itself, I gem purely to reach 100% when my trinket procs. I use Needle-Encrusted Scorpion, so I aim for ~700 ArP, and I have 715.

If you're going to replace your Hellion Glaive with Lightborn Spire then drop your ArPen trinket and get something else. You should not be gemming ArPen now and you definitely shouldn't be gemming it after you drop 90 ArPen.

Quote Originally Posted by BadEgg
    Toskk's calculator can be a little unreliable. I input my information into it and was told gem pure Agi. Done. Re-input my information, gem pure ArP. ???
    My theory on this is you should be able to reach the hit cap without gemming for it, so don't worry about it. Expertise isn't big but if you can find it on gear, awesome. The only reason I still want a Battered Hilt.
    Armor Pen in and of itself, I gem purely to reach 100% when my trinket procs. I use Needle-Encrusted Scorpion, so I aim for ~700 ArP, and I have 715.
    You probably input the wrong information, or did something differently. Its a program, it doesn't spit out different results for the same information twice.

The results Toskk's gives is very reliable, and will even go as far as giving you a theoretical DPS gain from regemming (currently mine is like .014), and will suggest upgrades. Much like rawr, but has a specific design for that oh so frequent question: "should i gem arp or agi?"

Also, NES proc needs to have 722 static ArP to reach the 1400 hardcap.