Newb femaledwarf/dps question...

So the basic dps you get after setting up your rotation, without using any buffs/debuffs... what is that suppose to be equivalent to? Heroic training dummy? Regular dummy?

Re: Newb femaledwarf/dps question...

Heroic training dummy, aka a boss level mob, in a fight where you can stand still and just do your rotation with no interruption.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

wow... dwarf has me at doing over 6.1k dps but I can only hope to do around 5.5k by the time I run out of mana.. does that sound like I am doing something wrong?

maybe its just luck... i just shot off a whole other bar of mana and ended up at 5.1k.. but the next attempt was 5.9k. whatever.

Crit RNG.

/thread.

Femaledwarf isn't a "how much dps I should be doing" tool, it's a gear comparison tool. Adjusting it to your exact buff/debuff/time/ms settings would be nearly impossible and any fight under 30 mins would be screwed over by the RNG.

Femaledwarf dps values are usually called theoretical dps numbers as is essentially what you could do in a vacuum environment with the human element taken out.

ty for responses. just wanted to make sure i wasnt messing my rotation up

Female Dwarf is assuming that you are performing a flawless rotation, are playing with near-zero latency, and that all procs (hunters have a shit-ton of them) are happening exactly as they could in an ideal statistical environment, aka a vacuum, and that you are also never moving, and always doing things such as ideally refreshing serpent sting when you have a proc damage bonus, like the T10 gives you. If you are doing 90%+ of the 'theoretical dps' then you are doing a pretty good job.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

When I used femaldwarf, it said I pull 7.5k. Sure thing, I just need 30+ fps, all buffs possible, and standing still for 2+ minutes.

In all reality, I hit 6k+ most of the time. That's also when I have no Feral druid in my group. You really need to account for your lag, buffs, and movement of the fight. Also note dps increases or losses, such as Yogg-Saron.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Once you get 2xt10 you'll begin being heavily disappointed by femaledwarf and recount during fights. If my exploit weakness procs at the start of the fight with all of my trinkets/ring/cloak/quick shots/etc I can keep up 9-9.5k DPS on a boss, barring being CCed (damn you festergut). Other fights, it fails to proc until the boss is at 50% and I can barely pull off 7500.

RNG DPS is yum.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Once you get 2xt10 you'll begin being heavily disappointed by femaledwarf and recount during fights. If my exploit weakness procs at the start of the fight with all of my trinkets/ring/cloak/quick shots/etc I can keep up 9-9.5k DPS on a boss, barring being CCed (damn you festergut). Other fights, it fails to proc until the boss is at 50% and I can barely pull off 7500.

RNG DPS is yum.
    Indeed it is. I've seen my DPS swing anywhere between 7.5k and 9k+ on Festergut, even if I am one of the lucky people that gets to be a marker person and never even have to move, simply because of RNG ):