Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich King Hard Mode 25

I think it's funny to see how many people are complaining about how quickly the Lich King dropped in normal mode. Truth be told, I'm actually pleasantly surprised how FEW guilds went ahead and downed him in the first few days.

Here's my prediction (read: guess)

I think Blizzard has heard the cries of "Raid = EZmode!" and I believe that LK25 hard mode is going to go down as one of the hardest encounters in Wow history. Maybe I'll quickly be proven wrong with 8 or 9 top hardcore guilds downing him on the first night of attempts, but I just have this feeling that instead of that, we're going to have some cries of "Impossible! Nerf it Nerf it!"

Hint to hardcores (and No, I'm not for a moment suggesting that I'm in your league):

Do NOT beg for the nerf bat. Let there be an encounter that only a tiny handful of guilds are able to down after weeks of effort. Then, Blizzard will have honestly accomplished what it set out to do: Make normal mode content accessible to a slightly above average pug group AND make heroic modes the place where top guilds can really slam their heads against a wall.

Anyone have any thoughts as to where they think this encounter will rank? (Note: I'm not trying to compare it with fights that were originally bugged as to be completely impossible)

Re: Lich King Hard Mode 25

Normal is easy. Heroic is hard.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Quote Originally Posted by Fawz
    I was more wanting to compare how hard this one might be as opposed to asking for sig material. Thanks for contributing?

I can't wait to see how long of a fight 25 heroic is going to be >.<... 10 man reg was 19 min. ffs wipe at 10% at like the 30 min mark. Shit sounds like some of the old eq fights lol

I have no doubt that blizz can achieve something like this look at Algalon or as a better example Yogg +0 from this x-pac alone
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Quote Originally Posted by piin
    I was more wanting to compare how hard this one might be as opposed to asking for sig material. Thanks for contributing?
    Well, i think this might be Yogg Alone in the Darkness in 3.1 when Ulduar geared difficulty..
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

I was definitely thinking about Yogg+0 and Algalon while writing the post. Is there an easy source on how many guilds actually completed those fights before the TOC patch was released?

The thing that does depress me is that heroic raid are meant to be the epic hardcore raider content but the loot you get from it looks exactly the same as the normal. I don't know about the rest of you but I want to look special if I've done something special and not have people needing to inspect my gear to see.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

He's unkillable... He always wipe you, Fact that some ghost paladin is OP and have Mass Ress doesnt change that

I forgot to add, that on HC mode, there wont be any mass ress

Quote Originally Posted by Doors79
    The thing that does depress me is that heroic raid are meant to be the epic hardcore raider content but the loot you get from it looks exactly the same as the normal. I don't know about the rest of you but I want to look special if I've done something special and not have people needing to inspect my gear to see.
    I actually completely agree with you. I wouldn't sniff any of it because I've moved to ultra casual (and was never elite in the first place). But while I appreciate Blizzard's desire to allow a larger percentage of the player base to see content, I do agree wholeheartedly that a few additional models would be a nice gesture. I mean, titles and special mounts do help, but I like your idea.

Just checked wowprogress.com and only 525 guilds (as far as wowprogress.com is tracking) have actually completed "Alone in the Darkness"25. That's 1.32% of the guilds represented on that site.

1792 guilds have finished Algalon on 25 (4.5%).

Crazy.

I guess I'm kinda hoping for a sub 1% on the LK 25HM.

You kinda think that maybe seeing people prance around on Invincible isn't going to be a common sight.

I think the last 10% phase will be VERY different in hardmode.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Im actually surprised to see that after the first week there might be less than 10 guilds who are playing hardmodes. If there will be less than 5, I think there isn't enough "competitors" to make things as interesting as possible. 5-15 would be optimal if you ask me

Lich King hard mode will most likely be a great challenge to guilds. I bet he stands undefeated for at least whole february.

Quote Originally Posted by calibro
    I think the last 10% phase will be VERY different in hardmode.
    I hope it is. Because as it is currently, it's basically just cheating.

OH LOOK, HE'S HELPLESS. BL POP EVERYTHING GO.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rìghtlol
    I can't wait to see how long of a fight 25 heroic is going to be >.<... 10 man reg was 19 min. ffs wipe at 10% at like the 30 min mark. Shit sounds like some of the old eq fights lol
    10man reg was 14-15 minutes......the lore made it 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeo
    I hope it is. Because as it is currently, it's basically just cheating.

OH LOOK, HE'S HELPLESS. BL POP EVERYTHING GO.
    Did it ever occur to you that it's intended and that he is designed with 10% more health than the encounter calls for?

Think Archimonde.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

lich king heroic will be like mimiron, but instead mimiron riding the gigabot of his, it will be m'uru

basically were fucked up
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

On Hard Mode, the Lich King will throw Saronite Bombs at the raid while yelling "Pull your heads out of your ass!"
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    On Hard Mode, the Lich King will throw Saronite Bombs at the raid while yelling "Pull your heads out of your ass!"
    QFT, anyway i hope the 25man hard mode will be something like 40-50 min fight, we need more epicness

Quote Originally Posted by Fawz
    Can you link your achievement so you can tell us how easy Normal mode is? Not trying to pick on you here, but if we have <10 guilds worldwide downing even the normal mode, I'd say it tuned very hard and that it is not even close to easy. In general though most of the "normal" raid content was easy, I won't deny that.