Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Professor Putricide advice needed

Hi, feral kitty here.

Most fights I'm doing fine, but on Professor Putricide I'm having huge problems keeping up the dps comparable to others. In our guild we have everybody switch to the slimes, one of our rogues hits about 8.5-9k in this fight, some others 8k and most of the rest does 7-8k dps, but I myself have huge problems even hitting 6.5k and have yet to see 7k on this fight. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong really, Putricide sucks for us cause of all the switching and the bleed mechanic, but I want to ask you any of you have any advice. What I do mostly is to put up rip on the boss and never bother with it on the adds, since they die relatively fast and I would never get the rip to tick full out, however I do put up rake as much as I can. Also before switching to the add, and I have a rip up on Putricide, I refresh my mangle debuff on the boss to get a little extra damage out there aswell...

Anything else I can do to push it further? :-\

Re: Professor Putricide advice needed

Moonfire spam while running to add.....

ask if you can NOT switch on the green slimes. I had a shadow priest do this and only attack the orange slimes. Helped them and we still killed slimes. Now this was in 10 man but I think it applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou
    ask if you can NOT switch on the green slimes. I had a shadow priest do this and only attack the orange slimes. Helped them and we still killed slimes. Now this was in 10 man but I think it applies.
    It takes way more effort to kill them in 25 man, and the reason his rogues are pushing so much is probably because they're not switching adds. Or if they are they're doing it really late.

DPS will go up as a raid the faster an add dies. If you kill one add and then another is already spawning theres a high chance that you're DPS is gonna be super-gimped.

The only thing you can really do is burn the adds down. Save TF for an add spawn, and only use Rip if its high on health when you take the soak damage, otherwise just blow your FB any chance you get while you're on the adds.

When we do this I'm usually the highest on add damage. Kitty druids have a lot of utility for getting to the adds and back to putricide. The first week we downed him I was around 7.2k, but when we killed him this week I was somewhere around 6.5k because add damage was really shitty.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Biznick
    It takes way more effort to kill them in 25 man, and the reason his rogues are pushing so much is probably because they're not switching adds. Or if they are they're doing it really late.

DPS will go up as a raid the faster an add dies. If you kill one add and then another is already spawning theres a high chance that you're DPS is gonna be super-gimped.

The only thing you can really do is burn the adds down. Save TF for an add spawn, and only use Rip if its high on health when you take the soak damage, otherwise just blow your FB any chance you get while you're on the adds.

When we do this I'm usually the highest on add damage. Kitty druids have a lot of utility for getting to the adds and back to putricide. The first week we downed him I was around 7.2k, but when we killed him this week I was somewhere around 6.5k because add damage was really shitty.
    So what you are saying really, is that I shouldn't strive to maximize the bleed damage on Putricide, but rather save energy/TF, get to the add as fast as possible and then burst, and through doing that we will get more time on Putricide, and more dps.

Also, the green add VERY RARELY get to its first target. It dies very fast. The range starts to nuke right as it spawns, and all the melee runs to it as soon as it sets its target.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou
    We sometimes have some melee ignore the ORANGE add instead. They're easier to handle than the greens.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    We are doing this on 25 normal like this:

Green slime: Tank boss on top of the green slime spawn point. If it targets a melee and explodes, we aoe heal it through, no one goes below 50% anyway, and then just screw the slime up.

Brown slime: Try making it run through the melee / boss, that way they can cleave through the damage when it reaches and follow it after.

Splash damage is your friend here to be honest, it's of course different when doing the achievement without slowing the slime, and it's different on heroic, but this is the normal mode and this is doable.
    The green slime strategy is interesting, but then again we're not going to change our strat just so I can get more DPS out In all honesty, the dps on the slime is not what is our weak point in this encounter, but I'm looking for ways to improve my personal DPS.

What you do with orange adds is pretty much how we do it. When the orange add spawns we tank the boss in the middle of the room, if a melee gets chased naturally he's going to run to the green side of the room, and the orange add goes through melee. As I said in my last reply, we often have some melee on the boss instead of chasing the orange add, since the orange is not really a problem at all.

I find the most important way of dpsing slimes is to make quick decisions on whether to bite and whether to rip. if you'll get knocked back you should Rip. If you'll kill it quickly then bite. Stay out of the gas clouds. Keep an eye on the timers for it and run out or in front of the boss before the vials pop. It's a nightmare when you get that debuff.

Keep a rip up on the professor at all times. Especially before switching and before tear gas. Blow Berserk at the start of the fight, in P2, and again in P3 during bloodlust.

We have the encounter down now so I'm allowed to stay on the boss with a ret pally. I still have trouble beating hunters without me switching though .

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin
    So what you are saying really, is that I shouldn't strive to maximize the bleed damage on Putricide, but rather save energy/TF, get to the add as fast as possible and then burst, and through doing that we will get more time on Putricide, and more dps.

Also, the green add VERY RARELY get to its first target. It dies very fast. The range starts to nuke right as it spawns, and all the melee runs to it as soon as it sets its target.
    The adds are priority.

Sure refresh your bleeds, override rip/rake. But save TF to help get the add down asap. The faster the add dies the more time DPS get to sit on the boss.

And I honestly don't believe you guys are consistently killing the green add before it reaches the target in 25 man, lol.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

The adds are priority.

Sure refresh your bleeds, override rip/rake. But save TF to help get the add down asap. The faster the add dies the more time DPS get to sit on the boss.

And I honestly don't believe you guys are consistently killing the green add before it reaches the target in 25 man, lol.
    Right before the green sets its target most of us are very close to the wall, and if it targets one of the melee then it's dead before it reaches him, but ofcourse we don't get them down EVERY time like that, but most oftenly.

Yes, adds are priority, but my guild sticks 3 rogues and 1 feral onto putricide full time because they do MORE dps on putricide then they would switching. Classes with energy and resource management that have to ramp up their dps are not good for switching and bursting down adds.

My opinion is this: Ideally the amount of dps you have on slimes should be the minimum that it takes to get one slime down before the next one spawns.

The more people you have maximizing their single target dps (not having to switch targets) the better.

If you think about it, assuming savage roar is already up, a feral needs about 5-6 GCD's to start maximizing their dps. By the time this ramping up has occured the mob has less than half hp, and half of the feral's rip is going to waste, and Ferocious bite =/= rip damage.

TL;DR Rogues and Ferals should be on putricide 100% of the time to maximize overall raid dps (not individual QQ'ing other melee)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

We drag Putricide towards the green ooze once it picks its initial target. Melee stick on the boss as the MT moves him across the room until they can switch to the green. Typically dies shortly after the first burst (if any) and melee get knocked back to the boss with relatively no downtime. Same thing with the red ooze. The person targeted kites the ooze counter clockwise around the room ending near the orange with the boss waiting there for the melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QsHN0p-40

We usually get the green down before it picks a 2nd target after the first pop. If it picks a healer against the wall it dies before it reaches them. We don't keep everyone on the wall during P2 because the risk of Green-Root-Malleable-Instagib is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance
    Yes, adds are priority, but my guild sticks 3 rogues and 1 feral onto putricide full time because they do MORE dps on putricide then they would switching. Classes with energy and resource management that have to ramp up their dps are not good for switching and bursting down adds.

My opinion is this: Ideally the amount of dps you have on slimes should be the minimum that it takes to get one slime down before the next one spawns.

The more people you have maximizing their single target dps (not having to switch targets) the better.

If you think about it, assuming savage roar is already up, a feral needs about 5-6 GCD's to start maximizing their dps. By the time this ramping up has occured the mob has less than half hp, and half of the feral's rip is going to waste, and Ferocious bite =/= rip damage.

TL;DR Rogues and Ferals should be on putricide 100% of the time to maximize overall raid dps (not individual QQ'ing other melee)
    Ferals are probably the best melee class to have on the slimes. With feral swiftness, dash, and kitty leap; we by far have the most utility to get to the adds. Other than that though we're also very bursty if we have pooled energy and/or TF off CD.

I've consistently been the top melee on add damage while still maintaining somewhere between 6.5-7.3k DPS on the fight.

Though who stays on the boss and who doesn't really doesn't make much of a difference and is really up to the RL, I think that ferals are better left on add duty.