Beastcleave 3v3 in Season 8

Hello my shammy friends!

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on their experience so far with running Beastcleave (with holy pally) so far, in season 8. I found a team late in season 7 and got 2100+ in a week, then the season ended. So far this season we are at 2150 mmr, and we are like 17-14 on the week. Just wondering what other people's experience is thus far, either running this comp, or other versions of this comp (with a different healer), or facing this comp. How has the resilience buff / healing nerf effected your gameplay as or against Beastcleave?

For us, the general feeling is that games are taking much longer, and that a good CC train (freezing trap / hex / HoJ) is more important than ever.

I've also been running BM hunter / Enh shaman in 2's, we are about 2k mmr, and doing very well... Here is a link to a video i just made of some games from the first week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vkOqTJ3uM0

Re: Beastcleave 3v3 in Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by ghrunt
    Hello my shammy friends!

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on their experience so far with running Beastcleave (with holy pally) so far, in season 8. I found a team late in season 7 and got 2100+ in a week, then the season ended. So far this season we are at 2150 mmr, and we are like 17-14 on the week. Just wondering what other people's experience is thus far, either running this comp, or other versions of this comp (with a different healer), or facing this comp. How has the resilience buff / healing nerf effected your gameplay as or against Beastcleave?

For us, the general feeling is that games are taking much longer, and that a good CC train (freezing trap / hex / HoJ) is more important than ever.

I've also been running BM hunter / Enh shaman in 2's, we are about 2k mmr, and doing very well... Here is a link to a video i just made of some games from the first week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vkOqTJ3uM0
    Personally, it's been a very tricky comp to counter, the beast wrath + unrootable shaman make things extremely difficult as a healer without pillars

the burst is still incredibly high.
    you cant avoid being trained, beastial wrath + unrootable shaman, theyr pretty much doing what they want and wont be stopped unless killed or forced into defensive.
    nevertheless i am a resto shaman in Arena, only option is using instants and pillar humping, and since im a shaman my instant heals are pretty shit. so its still really hard to survive them.
    on my warrior i try to just destroy the tremor totem and fear the wolves. disarm the hunter, and intervene my partner when they pop CDs.

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

same as u, last season end at 2180, tho we fu*ed up a bit, now we are 2050 rat and ~2300 mmr as beastcleave, ~2100 mmr 1k team rat in 2v2 with my 3s hunt - a lot of fun there.

tbh imo everything is dying even quicker that last season, once we facerolled prot war like arms one, maybe just crits happend.
    I think that setup is gonna be even more succesful that in last season, keep it up!

tip: start orgrimmar arena (ring of valor?) with totems up, with a good timing (just place a totem 10-15s before start, no big deal) u can start a fight with grounding off CD, so u can drop it again just after 1st one is destroyed, quite useful.

Deleted

Urgh how I hate you beast cleave :P
    It should be as strong as it was last season as the resilience nerf will hardly effect the burst.
    Just a couple of tips from your vid, never ever trinket the sap and get a totem stomping alert addon. As you could of saved yourself getting fear alot.

my 3s team ended up 2306 in season 7 and we were survival hunter/holy paladin/enhance shaman. Not a true beast cleave but the same idea.

is the same mean beasts zerg enemy under BL ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearroc
    Urgh how I hate you beast cleave :P
    It should be as strong as it was last season as the resilience nerf will hardly effect the burst.
    Just a couple of tips from your vid, never ever trinket the sap and get a totem stomping alert addon. As you could of saved yourself getting fear alot.
    I know about not trinketting sap, that was just a anxious finger lol...

any specific addon you recommend for the tremor stomping?

Your UI makes my eyes bleed...

10+ Year Old Account

The way to beat beastcleave is to start on the hunter wait for the wolves to go away then destroy the shammy

Some hunters are running beastcleave as MM now to add even more burst while making the holy paladin cleanse more to avoid CC on the hunter (Really the hunter should only ever not be cleansed of hex and tremor totem never has a reason to not be down against teams that use fears.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

So.....much.....keyboard.....turning.....

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    So.....much.....keyboard.....turning.....
    Its because I am juggling dropping my totems, which I have bound to my numpad. Forces me to move my hand off of my mouse of a second. Unless I do a complete reconfigure on my keyboard, I cant seem to find enough binds for all the totems I have to drop

Its because I am juggling dropping my totems, which I have bound to my numpad. Forces me to move my hand off of my mouse of a second. Unless I do a complete reconfigure on my keyboard, I cant seem to find enough binds for all the totems I have to drop
    If you can find a way, go for it. I won't judge you anyway since I rarely arena and usually its just to help people get pts for a week or so.

lol. Its all good. I know that the key turns slip in there from time to time and its always been something that has irritated me. It just sucks cause there are really so many different totems for every application, i have a hard time fitting them all in one hands reach without having to use a TON of modifiers. I've been playing a shammy a long time, but im still learning

The other thing that sometimes gives me trouble is really sticking on targets, especially because my job (probably foremost to damage) is shocking heals, and to do so I have to turn around in the direction of the healer, even at times running toward them to shock, which gets me off target, and sometimes it takes me a sec to get back.

All things aside I am still having a ton of fun, and its a blast

lol. Its all good. I know that the key turns slip in there from time to time and its always been something that has irritated me. It just sucks cause there are really so many different totems for every application, i have a hard time fitting them all in one hands reach without having to use a TON of modifiers. I've been playing a shammy a long time, but im still learning

The other thing that sometimes gives me trouble is really sticking on targets, especially because my job (probably foremost to damage) is shocking heals, and to do so I have to turn around in the direction of the healer, even at times running toward them to shock, which gets me off target, and sometimes it takes me a sec to get back.

All things aside I am still having a ton of fun, and its a blast
    And that's what you pay 15 bucks a month for. Power to ya! Keep on enjoying it. It's pleasant to find someone who won't complain and just admit that they are having fun playing the game.

Best of luck this season.

Have you considered getting a new mouse?

That's probably something that will help a lot with the keyboard/mouse juggling, you'll just have to train your right thumb to manage the keys.
    Needs more perkele.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeskalol
    Have you considered getting a new mouse?

That's probably something that will help a lot with the keyboard/mouse juggling, you'll just have to train your right thumb to manage the keys.
    80 bucks is fairly cheap for a mouse like that. Good find.

Off Topic: What pets are nice this season?

I heard someone mention that corehound got nerfed. Haven't found any evidence to support it so we still run with it. However, a lot of people arent't even running with a BM anymore due to the resilience changes, they switched to MM for more utility/cc. In that case, I assume something like a crab