Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Dreamwalker 25, Need Advice from those who have it completed

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya
    Yes, you can beacon the boss. Stop spreading misinformation :<
    Ok, maybe you can.
    But why would you do that?
    Honestly.

Lets stop spreading misinformation and BAD information.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Why NOT beacon the boss? Beaconing the tank and healing the boss means you can't help out on raid healing without dropping your hp/s on dreamwalker.

Why NOT beacon the boss? Beaconing the tank and healing the boss means you can't help out on raid healing without dropping your hp/s on dreamwalker.
    Which is the point of the fight.
    HPSing the boss.
    Which holy pallies exceed at.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes, it's our primary role in the fight, but that doesn't mean it's useless to heal the raid a bit too instead of just nuking the tank with overheals constantly.

Yes, it's our primary role in the fight, but that doesn't mean it's useless to heal the raid a bit too instead of just nuking the tank with overheals constantly.
    You're not the only healer in the fight.
    There are raid healers as well.
    Tanks also take ridiculous amounts of damage on occasions.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Okay, let me give an example.

You beacon the tank and nuke the boss with heals. Suddenly for whatever reason, raid healers need a bit of help to keep everybody alive. You either keep healing the boss, or you help the raid a little and end up losing precious heals on the boss.

Alternatively:
    You beacon the boss and nuke the tank with heals. Suddenly, for whatever reason, raid healers need some help. The tank has full HP and it's not about to drop to 0. You help the raid whilst still healing the boss.

Both ways the tank's going to be fine. The only difference is that IF you happen to switch to help the raid out, beaconing the boss is better. In no scenario whatsoever is beaconing the tank a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baranfac
    You cannot cast a beacon on the boss.
    You can however cast a beacon on a tank and heal the boss.
    You are incorrect. You can certainly heal the boss with beacon, that's what I've done in our 10 man kill, and the 25 man attempts. I get the added +crit percentage of having sacred shield up on a tank and healing that tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    You're not the only healer in the fight.
    There are raid healers as well.
    Tanks also take ridiculous amounts of damage on occasions.
    So you just wanna get your assignment and never do anything else or adapt to fights. Basically sir you are bad so please stop spreading you terrible advice.

Also Holy light splash can take care of all melee after a couple portals. Thus freeing other healers globals to heal the boss and ending the encounter quicker.

Hello

I haven't actually been on the boss 25man but here's what I had in mind for it:

Basically 2 paladins, 2 holy priests and one shaman at least. Paladins should have Seal of Light glyphs (+5%healing), have someone in raid with Imp. Devotion aura (preferrably a tank so the paladins can have Holy/ret for higher crit%), buff the PALADINS and the boss with dampen magic, the usual flasks and maybe a bit more sp than int stuff for equipment (I know I can at least change my trinkets etc.). Additional useful stuff: Mages focus magic, boomking auras etc.

SO, basically you have your paladins going for the healing buffs everytime to stack it up and when you feel comfortable use lust. Both paladins put the beacons to the boss, use wings, usable trinkets, Divine Illumination (presuming you have 2 pieces of t10), pop a haste pot and spam heal on another paladin. Have your 2 priests put Guardian spirit on the paladin that's getting healed and boss.

In theory this should give you the following: 5% from glyph, 20% wings, 35% Divine Illumination setbonus, 3% imp. dev. aura, 40% from Guardian spirit, xx% from the clouds you have collected AND 10% from Divinity (5% increase to all healing spells AND 5% increase to all received == 10%). SO, when the heal hits paladin it gets directed via beacon to the boss who also has +3% from imp. dev. aura and +40% from Guardian spirit... Add lust + haste pot to that and this encounter should be over pretty darn quick...

All this equals 113% + xx % (from clouds) increased healing which gets further more amplified by 43%. Maybe even toss a Lay on hands when the buffs are about to expire...

Thoughts? Improvements? ... Is it even possible? lol

Edit: Hmm did Disc priests have some sort of % Healing increase? (also having Power infusion on one of your paladins would be pretty sick...)
    Edit2: I just remembered that mutilate rogues take 20% increased healing so basically if you're a paladin and you heal a muti rogue you're doing 25% more healing mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Ok, maybe you can.
    But why would you do that?
    Honestly.

Lets stop spreading misinformation and BAD information.
    I hope you dont play a holy paladin thats all im going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    I hope you dont play a holy paladin thats all im going to say.
    I agree with this person 100% lol.. go read beacons tool tip plz...
    Originally Posted by Memoryz
    If you're standing in fire, movement speed isn't going to really help you get out of it faster..

Beaconing the dragon also gets lets 100% of your HL splash heal the dragon. Beaconing a tank and healing a dragon, you're basically missing out on an extra 50% worth of a HL, per HL. (10% on 5 ppl)

so GG revitalize, you're a moron