Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ret Paladin Ashen Verdict Rings

without quoting EJ all over the board, umm, yes, kinda

But if you consider, for example, belts, lots of them are better leather style than plate.
    same for the rings i've seen so far.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    fixT.
    still, str is the best overall stat for us, especially if you take into account the fact that SoV gains bonuses from str 3 times.

im torn, guise, lets argue!
    >8< Spider Might
    You know, rawrs takes all that into account. It is very likely right. But the dps increase is tiny. So stay with might if you don't need that little bit of dps (ICC heroic) - you don't need to spend gold when cataclysm hits in a couple of months :P
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

HOLY CRAP!! The conversation that has littered the latter half of this thread is like two blind people arguing what color the sky is. I feel bad for both of you. Really, I do.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    HOLY CRAP!! The conversation that has littered the latter half of this thread is like two blind people arguing what color the sky is. I feel bad for both of you. Really, I do.
    You simply need to explain it every single time again in full details *why* the agi ring is better. You need to do the math every single time. Again and Again. Because people will always be "BUT I GET AP THROUGH STRENGTHS!!". As you see I just say, "stay with STR", they won't notice the difference anyway (because I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same who run around with SoR...STR ring is probably better for them). But well..try if you want.
    Samin
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

if you do the math, str ring prevails, fyi.

*combat log*
    mocking misses Hollow_Sorrow.
    I will never ever ever believe any post coming from you about "math". When person A tries to prove B, then the output of C is of 0 value. That's algebra for you right there. All the math you ever need.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I will never ever ever believe any post coming from you about "math". When person A tries to prove B, then the output of C is of 0 value. That's algebra for you right there. All the math you ever need.

WoW is a game of statistics and probabilities, not algebra lol. But i see your point.

Whoops. I forgot to include the legend.

A = Hollow_Sorrow
    B = Anything Intelligible
    C = Resulting Drool

88 agi X 113+
    123 ap X 84

versus -
    str one

98 str X 0.15 X 212
    And what exactly do you try to calculate there? Some sort of EAP on a stat weight? What sources do you rely on for your stat weight? Seriously, write readable math. It hurts my eyes x.X
    X does not mean *! I'm pretty sure X has some insane meaning where you do weird stuff with arrays or such. Please use * for multiplication (or the middle dot if you want to be super-correct)

edit: thanks for source, Prentice. I wish people would learn to automatically include it <.<
    Samin

lets take agi one into consideration.

88 agi X 113+
    123 ap X 84

versus -
    str one

98 str X 0.15 X 212

i got no bleeding idea ftw is wrong with pretnice today for he is imitating an ignorant beach.
    As was stated yesterday, you cannot include the 1.10(Blessing of Kings) or 1.15 (Divine Strength talent) when using Redcape values to determine which is better. Those values already have all ret talents and buffs included.

[(88 Agi x 113) + (123AP x 84)] or [(98 Str x 212)]
    [(9944) + (10332)] or [(20776)]
    20276 for Agi ring or 20776 for Str ring

Using these values, you would appear to be right. Appearances are clearly deceiving though. Redcape values are completely worthless, imo. I don't understand why he gets his own spreadsheet and thread page on EJ when his data is not even close to the data that they base all of the BiS and rotation advice on.

His values are static. They don't consider if you are wearing 2T9, 2T10, or no set bonuses at all. They don't consider if you are at 30% crit with 8000AP or 45% crit with 5000AP. Do you see the flaw with using these values now?? I really wish Ronark had never included them in the FAQ.

at last you stripped yourself of that filthy mask of yours.

you see, when i did this math, it confused me
    There is no mask. I have said it a million times before. Those values are abso-freakin-lutley worthless because they have baseline, are not dynamic, and prove nothing.

If you don't want to quote the math, just put it down to preference whether you PREFER AGI or STR.

No need to get a hissy fit over what's better. It's just a freaking small margin between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84
    If you don't want to quote the math, just put it down to preference whether you PREFER AGI or STR.

No need to get a hissy fit over what's better. It's just a freaking small margin between the two.
    Hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account

so which one is better if you have t10? and which one is better if you have a bunch of 264 pieces and no tier bonuses?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    so which one is better if you have t10? and which one is better if you have a bunch of 264 pieces and no tier bonuses?
    agility. always agility. it doesnt mater what gear you have on. agility.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    While the agi ring is indeed better, the guys at EJ calculated the difference to be a whopping 23 dps.

So....who cares?
    I think your approach is a bit flawed. Let's say that you apply the same mentality to all gear slots.

23 DPS x 16 slots = 368 DPS lost

Not sure about you, but I am not willing to knowingly sacrifice 3-5% of my DPS just because I am too stubborn to wear the correct piece of gear, gem it properly, and ensure that it has the appropriate enchants. Where does the chain of shortcuts and exceptions stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85

WoW is a game of statistics and probabilities, not algebra lol. But i see your point.
    Clearly, because Min maxing has nothing to do with formulas and variables. But we'll go with it.

15+ Year Old Account

23 dps with 2 piece t9, its less with 4piece t10, but anyway i prefer the agi version :P

1.59 dps at revered
    9.96 dps at exalted

the str exalted version is very bad :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    While the agi ring is indeed better, the guys at EJ calculated the difference to be a whopping 23 dps.

So....who cares?
    So you are going to pay 200g for a 23 dps loss? Ingenious.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Huntdanoobs
    So you are going to pay 200g for a 23 dps loss? Ingenious.
    LOL, it's such a brilliant idea that it's stupid.