Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about Paragons moonkin

Ok, im looking at talent build of their moonkin and im little cenfused

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...%C3%A9&group=1

go check his armory and decide for yourself...

i dont know why didnt he took Improved Insect Swarm, Improved Moonkin form and Master Shapeshifter?

P.S. how good and valid is to take Owlkin frenzy ?

Re: Question about Paragons moonkin

PVP spec most likley

Doing Photoshop requests.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

barkskin glyph, obv for pvp

I dont think so, he has only 1 spec ( moonkin ) and according to armory he has only 500 rating.

And he was present at LK25 kill

looks like he is playing PvP, he got some new season items... Probably switching moonkin spec

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    I dont think so, he has only 1 spec ( moonkin ) and according to armory he has only 500 rating.

And he was present at LK25 kill

looks like he is playing PvP, he got some new season items... Probably switching moonkin spec
    And it's impossible to respec, why?

That's a PvP setup, pure and simple. No he does not raid with it, although owlkin frenzy can be an interesting choice on certain encounters. However, the selection of brambles and the lack of imp Moonkin form and IS makes it rather obvious.

If you look at his gearing and stats you can see why he is not specced into imp moonkin form, He is over the haste cap just from gear so the 3% haste he would pick up is not worth it, he also only has 340 spirit in his moonkin gear so the just over 100SP he would gain is not worth the 3 talent points there, even with full raid buff it does not translate to any significant increase in spell power, although i will say i am a little bit confused by dream state, i know my boomer even in my only ICC 10 gear does not have any mana problems

Quote Originally Posted by amzng
    If you look at his gearing and stats you can see why he is not specced into imp moonkin form, He is over the haste cap just from gear so the 3% haste he would pick up is not worth it, he also only has 340 spirit in his moonkin gear so the just over 100SP he would gain is not worth the 3 talent points there, even with full raid buff it does not translate to any significant increase in spell power, although i will say i am a little bit confused by dream state, i know my boomer even in my only ICC 10 gear does not have any mana problems
    If you think that this is not a PvP-spec you should stop playing moonkin right now. 100sp and 3% haste is not something you would take away from a PvE-spec, neither is IIS. Not having master shapeshifter is also completely retarted for a PvEspec, the same with having intensity and dreamstate, completely useless.

You should've made sure you understood a little bit more about moonkins before making your first post in a manner like this.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    Ok, im looking at talent build of their moonkin and im little cenfused

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...%C3%A9&group=1

go check his armory and decide for yourself...

i dont know why didnt he took Improved Insect Swarm, Improved Moonkin form and Master Shapeshifter?

P.S. how good and valid is to take Owlkin frenzy ?

He probably went that spec because he knew everyone and their mother would be armorying him and he wanted all the balance druid wannabes who can't figure out their own spec for themselves to go copy him and think they'll instantly be Paragon material and will be able to help their guild kill the Lich King.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Looks like he's changed specs since the OP, but he's back to the standard moonkin spec. Can only assume his previous spec was either for a specific fight or for PvP (and if he had Barkskin glyph this is almost certainly the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Looks like he's changed specs since the OP, but he's back to the standard moonkin spec. Can only assume his previous spec was either for a specific fight or for PvP (and if he had Barkskin glyph this is almost certainly the case).
    by the sounds if it, pvp is the most likely choice of the lot, although it would be kinda lol if he was specced like that for the LK kill and still pulled off that much dps xD

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Deleted

100 spell power? Id take it. The whole reason for the spirit > spell power bonus of that talent is because, regardless of how much you try, you migth just end up with spirit after all, and even 100 spell power is still quite significant. Adding a 3% raid wide haste buff is just another perk of having a moonkin in the raid. Sure, another class could cover it.

If you weren't going to take this, then what else would you take? Imp. moonkin form is still way better than anything else you might imagine you would spend the points on.

I just clicked on the link above and he changed back now.

Does anyone else take the Glyph of Starfall?

I find starfall is about 4-5% of dps whereas Insect Swarm is about 9% and so the IS glyph is better - surely?

The only thing I can think of is to help tank avoidance, but does anyone else think the glyph of Starfall is worth it?

Deleted

There is a lot of talk about IS these days. Generally, if you take Glyph of Starfall over Glyph of IS, its about a 100-150 DPS decrease, sacrificed for reducing damage on tanks.

10+ Year Old Account

Lappe has been posting on TMR alot lately.

He takes Starfall and Typhoon because of the damage increase for Lich King. The little ghosts towards the end need to die fast, and starfalling every cooldown with a typhoon is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    There is a lot of talk about IS these days. Generally, if you take Glyph of Starfall over Glyph of IS, its about a 100-150 DPS decrease, sacrificed for reducing damage on tanks.
    A hunter can provide the debuff himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    I just clicked on the link above and he changed back now.

Does anyone else take the Glyph of Starfall?

I find starfall is about 4-5% of dps whereas Insect Swarm is about 9% and so the IS glyph is better - surely?

The only thing I can think of is to help tank avoidance, but does anyone else think the glyph of Starfall is worth it?
    boomkin and hunters can give the % hit debuff but boomkins can do it at a much smaller dps loss...maybe they take advantage of every possible raid buff and did this? i dont know but seems like it. Starfall glyph would be the best option if you decide to keep IS without glyph

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dendron
    A hunter can provide the debuff himself.
    But that would be a 3% DPS loss for the hunter, at the very least. Thats way more than what a moonkin would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    But that would be a 3% DPS loss for the hunter, at the very least. Thats way more than what a moonkin would lose.
    LOL Thanx for the info. Some hunter in my guild ain't doing things right then.

well improved insect swarm does give tanks a bit more avoidance even thought its very little, but with a -20% dodge debuff tanks will take what little they can get.

and owlkin frenzy can be useful on some fights where you might be splated by an AoE attack thats unavoidable, so that talent can be useful in those circumstances. but as people have been posting the spec keeps changing since the OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    By this logic the moon is more important than the sun. The sun gives us light in the day when we don't need it, but the moon gives us light at night when we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    "Warcraft isn't going to end as long as there still are Orcs."