Thread: Tough Choice?

Tough Choice?

I was wondering what to buy next with my emblems of frost. I have the 2 set bonus of t10 and was wondering if i should continue buying them to get the 4 set. I bought the head and shoulders so that means i possibly can get the other 2 from VoA. Although, i was thinking of buying the trinket since i have the Banner of Victory and NeS. Which would be a better upgrade?
    Edit: heres my armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Barefootdany
    yes i know im wayyyyy over hit cap, but im not trying to be D: i also won the wrathful hands from voa25, should i use those instead of my t9?
    Thanks!

Re: Tough Choice?

Here is what i would do.

Save up untill you get 155 badges.

In that time you cna pray you get a lucky voa drop.

If you get a drop then use the badges to purchase the chest gloves or hands (whichever will finish your set)

If you don't get a drop just buy the gloves and either the chest or the legs.

DON"T reaplce your 2/5 t9 untill yyou can swap to 4/5 t10 Even if you have 1 more piece of t10 sitting in your bags.

so dont buy the trinket im assuming?

10+ Year Old Account

Correct. Don't buy the trinket.

The trinket isn't all that great for dks. Sure it's not a terrible trinket being a combo of raw haste and the Fury of Five Flights(which was a nice trinket for the time), but you should be aiming to use your EoF's for what would have lasting value. Aim for the BiS's, which trinket isn't even close to being.

Nangz' advice is pretty solid too, with VoA out you have 4 chances per week to get a 3rd t10 and then you can use your EoF to get 4set pretty quickly. I'm personally a bit sad that I 'wasted' EoF to get my t10 gloves considering that I now have a chance to win it in VoA10/25 and could have gotten my chest piece instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Ooops missed the part about trinkets but what others have said is correct. Don't waste your badges on the trinket.

Honestly you should try to get Whispering fanged skull from 10 man ICC off deathwhisper. It would be a good upgrade for one of your trinkets. I personally would replace the NES because I find proc off crit trinkets don't tend to proc as much for me. (pyrite infuser my last trinket had a 9% uptime on saurfang and i'm running ~40% crit raidbuffed) compared to 25% i get from "downgrading" to BOV. Plus i'd take 84 arp over 95 hit that i can use by swapping out a red for a yellow gem and gain a socket bonus anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Keep in mind, BiS Pre-Hard25 uses Chest/Helm/Gloves/Shoulders for BiS. It doesn't use the pants, which are one of the 2 pieces from VoA.

It's not a big deal, but wasting badges on a piece you wont use in BiS isn't really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk
    Keep in mind, BiS Pre-Hard25 uses Chest/Helm/Gloves/Shoulders for BiS. It doesn't use the pants, which are one of the 2 pieces from VoA.

It's not a big deal, but wasting badges on a piece you wont use in BiS isn't really fun.
    so you're saying to buy the gloves and chest? not the pants?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdan
    so you're saying to buy the gloves and chest? not the pants?
    yes