Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Priest nerf? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Thes
    In a situation where both priest and the rogue are similarly skilled and geared, and know their stuff, priest would more likely be the one standing up.

As for warriors, strength gemmed warrior would probably hit harder on a priest than arp gemmed one.
    Are you sure? I was never able to kill an equally geared Mutilate rogue on my priest - sure, I might need to l2p, and my gear is a bit dated - but I just can't see living through his damage after Pain Suppression is gone and Desperate Prayer is out. Dueled a friend of mine several times to practice - and he can kill me almost every time. ;D

Concerning Warriors - you've got a point there, I guess. Completely forgot about strength gemming, but I never saw that on the PvP warriors I came across.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    i heard the resilience changes and the fact that anyone in decent gear has over 25k hp in pvp now also affects priests

their goal is to remove the burst. no priest spec has a burst and people are living longer than they ever have

if you're implying blizz shouldn't have nerfed shields because the original intention was to stop burst or GCD kills then I have to disagree with you.

I play a prot pally in arena with decent to better gear and I use my SS all the time but I really haven't seen a life or death situation where the 10% made a difference. Actually, last night SS saved my ass a couple times.

The patch was meant to prevent burst, slowing down dmg intake. If heals aren't nerfed some classes, grouped with a good healer, might take a long time to kill without mana draining the healer. Thus blizzard has decrease the effect on shields so it doesn't cancel the affect of the healing debuff. The healing change was made to make the healer work a little harder and to make it possible to kill a dps even with heals on him. Shields close that gap, obsorbing too much dmg giving priests and pallies more time to get a heal off, pretty much bypassing the nerf.

I hope you understand what I'm saying because it's a little hard for me to get this from my head to the page right now being so tired. Personally I am all for the resil buff and against the healing/shield debuff but I understand why blizz did it. W.e it'll make my life easier in arenas.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

All healing was reduced by 10% meaning druid hots shammans healing waves flash heal holy light whereas shields remained unaffected which means for example

pre nerf: holy light heal:5000
    PW:S absorb :5000

after nerf: holy light heal: 5000-10%(5000)=4500
    PW:S absorb : 5000
    see the difference?
    and btw the above examples are only to make it easier to understand don't matter the numbers

priests can use some help versus certain 3v3 setups, but buffing their shields even more would be an inappropriate way, making them very overpowered in some situations..

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    if you're implying blizz shouldn't have nerfed shields because the original intention was to stop burst or GCD kills then I have to disagree with you.

I play a prot pally in arena with decent to better gear and I use my SS all the time but I really haven't seen a life or death situation where the 10% made a difference. Actually, last night SS saved my ass a couple times.

The patch was meant to prevent burst, slowing down dmg intake. If heals aren't nerfed some classes, grouped with a good healer, might take a long time to kill without mana draining the healer. Thus blizzard has decrease the effect on shields so it doesn't cancel the affect of the healing debuff. The healing change was made to make the healer work a little harder and to make it possible to kill a dps even with heals on him. Shields close that gap, obsorbing too much dmg giving priests and pallies more time to get a heal off, pretty much bypassing the nerf.

I hope you understand what I'm saying because it's a little hard for me to get this from my head to the page right now being so tired. Personally I am all for the resil buff and against the healing/shield debuff but I understand why blizz did it. W.e it'll make my life easier in arenas.
    wasn't what i was saying at all. i said that the shield nerf was barely noticeable

Deleted

Even though your logic is flawed, even if you were nerfed by 20%, that's still a 'technical' 10% buff overall, since the damage was apparently nerfed by 30% because of the resilience buff.

I haven't played the past month or so, so I don't know what it looks like, but I'd be pretty happy sitting on a priest. Seems like they're getting the padded end of the nerf bat :P