Thread: Bolvar's voices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Bolvar's voices

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    Ye cause dragons turned him into Lavaman when he was inside ICC, jeez use brain people...
    Dont ask too much....
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

5th wow expansion, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Other Lich king
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Bolvar is simply the beginning of Warcraft 4, 10 years from now. He will not be a raid boss.

/End thread

I can't see him becoming evil...I dunno though because he supposedly withstood the Lich Kings torture only to become corrupted by a demon in a helmet. But I have no clue how strong NerZhul is but I think if someone had that kind of metal fortitude to withstand being gassed alive burned and brought back to life as an everlasting burning ember lol along with being tortured in some form(I doubt it was feather tickling) I would hope that he could withstand the persuasiveness of a demon in a helmet that he chose to put on. And his outside appearance probably isn't the only thing thing affected by the fire the way it did to his skin.

Bolvar was already broken by the Lich king (arthas) Ner`Zhul knew arthas was weak, and bolvar was strong, and became stronger after the dragons had maid him into what he now is, soon as the helm is on the head it's still bolvar but with 2 minds becomming one, ... Tell them only that the Lich King is dead(Arthas) and that Bolvar Fordragon died with him, saying Ner`Z. ofcourse.

But he goes badass...we will see him when we hit level 100 our something.

He will only unlocks maby when Varrian is in trouble if he is a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Bolvar is simply the beginning of Warcraft 4, 10 years from now. He will not be a raid boss.

/End thread
    i'm not sure couse as i remember correctly, bolvar is encased in ice like arthas was when he merged with nerz'gul and acording to the story in the lich king install it said "for FIVE years the lich king dreamed and waited" so maybe we'll hear from bolvar in 5 years.

but its my idead tough ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    Ye cause dragons turned him into Lavaman when he was inside ICC, jeez use brain people...
    It's about using shock tactics.

Obviously one would not relate to Bolvar if he sounded like some sort of monster without one seeing him at the beginning of ICC. You KNOW it's Bolvar because of his voice. Then when you see him (let's pretend you didn't know Lavaman existed) you'd be like "Holy shit!"

Use your right side of the brain for once

At the entrance of ICC, when everyone is yelling at each other, Bolvar needed to have his familiar voice so that we and the NPCs can hear who it is since lorewise, there is no chat box. If he had is scratchy burning voice at that time, everyone would be like "Who is that?". Likewise, at the end of ICC if he had his normal voice, it would make no sense. As others said, being plague infected then burned so much that you never stopped burning would have some impact on your voice.

Basically, they made his voice normal at first to avoid confusion.

People believing Lavaman is Deathwing.. it still makes me laugh. So in that logic, we SEE Deathwing sitting on the Frozen Throne, encasing himself in ice... And in about half a year or so, he suddenly will burst out from the Elemental Plane, in the middle of Eastern Kingdom, and cause the Cataclysm?

... does not compute. Use your thoughts, silly posters, use your thoughts :3

Anyway, people pretty much nailed it by now that his voice was "normal" at the start of ICC to make sure he sounds familiar to player and NPC alike.

EVERY Lich King sounded like that. From the ending cinematic of Arthas and his father we can tell he was in control the whole time, not Ner'Zhul. We don't hear him saying "Ner'Zhul... he... made me do this...". Don't be a dumbass and claim Ner'Zhul faked the whole thing and manipulated King Terenus's spirit, theres no point in getting a new burning vessal that will be frozen.

Its obviously the power of over 1 million undead and the dark power that comes with being the Lich King that makes them sound like that.

Please stop riding Ner'Zhuls undead orc sack and wishing he will return, he was a terrible lore character who was just a shaman that got fooled into thinking he was doing whats right for his people, then he got his spirit bound to the armor and was thrown to Azeroth after being tortured by Kil'Jaeden just to ready for the next assault of the Burning Legion. He did what anyone would do, he came up with a plan an idiot could think of and gave his chosen vessel a sword convieniantly placed in his throne that could corrupt him. All he was was a stupid shaman who was briefly the Lich King and came up with a plan anyone with half a brain and a soulstealing sword could think of, hes dead now, Arthas killed his spirit, its in the book. It would not be climactic with him making a return, it would not be shocking, it would just be go to this newly conquered northrend and strut through the halls of Icecrown and slay the new Lich King whos the same only fiery instead of frosty and has no sword. If Blizzard gets drunk one day and decides to make him return he will just be a filler 1-boss raid man instead, I think if he was currently making giant mutated creatures to serve as his new generals and rebuilding his army someone would notice.