Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm being serious.

In Cataclysm how are Worgens and Goblins Supposed to be Death Knights I mean the Lich King the only one who can make Death Knights is now Bolvar who is frozen, I mean its just against the lore of the game. I could be wrong though. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

15+ Year Old Account

Re: I'm being serious.

Given the fact that the entire Acherus and Death Knight ordeal happens, chronologically, between Vanilla and BC (correct me if I'm wrong) it sort of makes sense. For Goblins at least.

However, storyline progression states that Worgen were out of Gilneas after the LK died. Seeing them in Acherus is gonna be a simple paradox.

Okay. It's impossible to apply logic to this.

Worgen and Goblins will be DK's for the sake of the game, lore be damned.

Done.

Death knights existed before arthas, and they will exist after. Also your goblin or worgen Dk wasn't "Born" the day you made him. They are adult toons and therefore existed when arthas was reigning.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow
    Death knights existed before arthas, and they will exist after. Also your goblin or worgen Dk wasn't "Born" the day you made him. They are adult toons and therefor exsted when arthas was reigning.
    I mean the DK questline what are they going to do now, same questline as before or your just level 58 and in the superior gear from the quests?
    IF I HAD ONE

15+ Year Old Account

Death knights existed before arthas, and they will exist after. Also your goblin or worgen Dk wasn't "Born" the day you made him. They are adult toons and therefor exsted when arthas was reigning.
    Except the old fashion Death Knights aren't Scourge Death Knights. Old fashion DKs are orc spirits in human bodies. Scourge, are what I presume, reanimated people trained to be a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    I mean the DK questline what are they going to do now, same questline as before or your just level 58 and in the superior gear from the quests?
    I'm sure it will be. Why would they change it?

hahahaha ur funny but oh so wrong....the death knights as we know it meaning, the necromatic kind...existed only after arthas. the death knights the orcs had dont really count. Arthas is actually the first death knight.
    i define here death knight as someone with the ability to rise and control undeath.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    same quest line I imagine, its timeline is during when arthas was there so maybe after your Dk chilled for a few years

The Death Knight starting area takes place while Arthas is still alive. Even when you do it in Cata after this expansion, your dk's creation is taking place beforehand.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Theres a million posts about this already. Just use the search function and you'll find em. Also game mechanics don't follow lore. /endthread
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Theyll be DKs.. get over not the first time lore was bent over for a nice train up the end.

I hate it to but still ill suck it up and try not to slip on the puddles of Lore QQing again.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas
    Theyll be DKs.. get over not the first time lore was bent over for a nice train up the end.

I hate it to but still ill suck it up and try not to slip on the puddles of Lore QQing again.
    But I loved the lore it was like the Lord of the Rings trilogy only not gay
    IF I HAD ONE

10+ Year Old Account

Ive heard this 5129837501293875102938729183740189234K Times and heres my answer. Blizz is most likely gonna have a slight change in the starting for a death knight for them. Or maybe change Acherus in total how instead of serving the lich king then being betrayed it is you are the ebon blade and are merely being attacked by scarlets. Blizzard is not going to have your litte problem go unnoticed since this was QQ'd about at blizzcon. Thank you and good night. >.>.
    ALSO if you looked he who sits on the throne in ner'zhuls armor sits there until frozen with the power to break out at any given time, if you are a WC3 player and are going, WHAT ABOUT WHEN ARTHAS smashs the ice and mergs with nerzhul. Well Ner'Zhul couldnt of have broken out because he is just his armor his soul is his armor EXACTLY like Sauron and his ring in LOTR. I AM PREPARED FOR FLAMAGE!

lol does anyone use the search bar? I swear, hundreds of these threads everyday.

Gameplay>lore, fun>sensible stuff

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    Given the fact that the entire Acherus and Death Knight ordeal happens, chronologically, between Vanilla and BC (correct me if I'm wrong) it sort of makes sense. For Goblins at least.

However, storyline progression states that Worgen were out of Gilneas after the LK died. Seeing them in Acherus is gonna be a simple paradox.

Okay. It's impossible to apply logic to this.

Worgen and Goblins will be DK's for the sake of the game, lore be damned.

Done.
    However, there were worgen before BC.

We have no proof that there weren't any worgen from Gilneas before wotlk, or even BC, considering they've been locked up in there.

I fail to see the paradox?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    End up turned by arthas either because of battle, or (more likely, as this next explanation is the primary explanation for all player death knights) after seeking the power from the Lich King due to personal greed/disillusionment.
    Just thought I'd comment, and player death knights were turned against their will, and raised after being killed in battle.

DK starting video says =D

10+ Year Old Account

This has been turned into a flamefest which I didn't intend for it to be, I just wanted a simple answer to my question and it is now this fight over how death knights were made and shit. And I still haven't gotten an answer.
    IF I HAD ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAkqF3gHOac

7:49 in, they say to hell with it, just give em DKs

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    <a href="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath...ore.xml">Taken from Blizzard.</a>

Also, player death knights are not (other than under the effects of lichborne) ever considered undead for any reason by the game, they aren't immune to the scourge plague, among others. Don't confuse the different types of death knights. Don't correct lore you haven't actually looked into :\
    http://www.videosift.com/video/Death...ning-Cinematic

"A hero, that's what you once were. You stood boldy against the shadow, and purchased another dawn for the world...with your life."

Don't correct my corrected lore when you don't know what your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Don't correct my corrected lore when you don't know what your talking about.
    So his Blizzard quote is less true than yours. I see.

I didn't know that just by saying so, your source can be made more valid than someone else's.
    I will use this information in the future when I want to be right but have no more validity than my opposition.

Its WoW , it doesnt have to make sense.

Thats probably the 3rd time i've said that today.