valithria dreamwalker macro

I can't figure why this macro wouldn't work(barring a typo) but it didn't:

/cast [@valithria dreamwalker]healing wave

does a name have to be in quotes perhaps? i was going to use this macro as enhance to help out with my mw5 stacks.

Re: valithria dreamwalker macro

/target whoever
    /cast spell
    /targetlasttarget
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Looks like you forgot the space between the closing bracket and healing wave. Should look like
    /cast [@valithria dreamwalker] healing wave

If that fails, try a macro like
    /tar valithria
    /cast healing wave
    /targetlasttarget

I would just:

/tar Valithria Dreamwalker
    /cast Healing Wave

when I see 5 MW proc on my notification addon or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

focus her

/cast [@focus] Healing Wave

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap
    Looks like you forgot the space between the closing bracket and healing wave. Should look like
    /cast [@valithria dreamwalker] healing wave

If that fails, try a macro like
    /tar valithria
    /cast healing wave
    /targetlasttarget
    Yea i was going o do it he second way next time i go if noone could fix my macro

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    I would just:

/tar Valithria Dreamwalker
    /cast Healing Wave

when I see 5 MW proc on my notification addon or something.
    Using the /tar command will have you lose your current target, and considering the amount of adds on this fight I'd highly recommend not using this macro.

As the poster above me said, a focus macro will work, however I think the only issue is you didn't have a space between your end bracket and the spell cast.

the macro i had on my computer did have the space it was a mistype here

never seen anyone use an @ for making macroes before O.o seems silly to shorten down a macro that is...well a way of shortening down...
    anyway, my guess would be using:

/cast [target=Valithria Dreamwalker] Healing Wave

make sure you copy Healing Wave from your spellbook, and remove the rank, as it sometimes bug up when you type it out yourself...should work then, i use this for all my spells (well alot )...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    never seen anyone use an @ for making macroes before O.o seems silly to shorten down a macro that is...well a way of shortening down...

make sure you copy Healing Wave from your spellbook, and remove the rank, as it sometimes bug up when you type it out yourself...should work then, i use this for all my spells (well alot )...
    "@" is now the same as "target=", its here since the last patch

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico

as Mordret said its the same now, i did try it with the target= as well but no dice.

"/cast [@valithria dreamwalker] healing wave" does not work because the target's name "valithria dreamwalker" is two words. The space between the words screws the entire targeting system up. I am currently looking for a workaround for targeting enemies with multiple words in their name.

Specifically I am trying to get "/cast [@The Lich King] Mind Sear" to work. But i cannot figure out how without focusing the lich king and changing the macro to @focus.

any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    "/cast [@valithria dreamwalker] healing wave" does not work because the target's name "valithria dreamwalker" is two words. The space between the words screws the entire targeting system up. I am currently looking for a workaround for targeting enemies with multiple words in their name.

Specifically I am trying to get "/cast [@The Lich King] Mind Sear" to work. But i cannot figure out how without focusing the lich king and changing the macro to @focus.

any help would be appreciated.
    So perhaps I wa son the right track when i asked if the name had ot be in quotes(like windows on some shortcuts)