Thread: Mage T10 4pc

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mage T10 4pc

So its kinda bad IMO, Im not "super" at math theorycrafting whatever you want to call it buuuut

From what i can tell our t10 4pc is hurbad, SO I was thinking that getting the 2 pc and just getting haste and crit stuff would be better, seeing as how the least wanted stats for a mage are hit and crit, needing only 7% hit unbuffed, when a mage does get hit wouldn't is be better paired with haste

So I was thinking just get random haste/crit gloves and legs and so on and just get items like the necklace off Gunship and possibly the legs off Festergut. Items like that would be better

amirite or amirong?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mage T10 4pc

18% more damage for 30 seconds every 3 minutes... it's pretty awesome. At worst, if you just pop it every cooldown, it's a 3% static buff to DPS. If you're smart about it, it's much more.

10+ Year Old Account

From what i can tell our t10 4pc is hurbad
    are you trolling here or are you actually for real?

And what the heck is random gloves and legs?

If you're bad at at math, use rawr. If you don't rally care and just want random stuff and think the t10 4 set is "hurbad" (whatever that means), then don't expect any great results from your Mage.

Youarewrong...

Deleted

bad troll is hurbad.

Let him think 4pc T10 is bad. Will mean one less scrub running around in it.

>_> 18% extra dmg during a bloodlust for example? i wont say no to that

It's one of the best setbonuses we've ever gotten.

If you use it correctly, it's a 4%+ damage increase.

But if you think going for haste/crit on your gloves instead of hit/crit is going to give you 4% more damge, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforums
    So its kinda bad IMO, Im not "super" at math theorycrafting whatever you want to call it buuuut

From what i can tell our t10 4pc is hurbad, SO I was thinking that getting the 2 pc and just getting haste and crit stuff would be better, seeing as how the least wanted stats for a mage are hit and crit, needing only 7% hit unbuffed, when a mage does get hit wouldn't is be better paired with haste

So I was thinking just get random haste/crit gloves and legs and so on and just get items like the necklace off Gunship and possibly the legs off Festergut. Items like that would be better

amirite or amirong?
    Wrong, so very very wrong.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    It's one of the best setbonuses we've ever gotten.

If you use it correctly, it's a 4%+ damage increase.

But if you think going for haste/crit on your gloves instead of hit/crit is going to give you 4% more damge, go ahead.

3% more.....3%
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle

3% more.....3%
    Its 3% if you pop it every time its available and end the fight right when its coming off CD. Its unlikely that this will happen so it'll be slightly higher than 3%. Also, if you use it with lust and all the other crap it'll be closer to 4-5% I'd reckon.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol
    Its 3% if you pop it every time its available and end the fight right when its coming off CD. Its unlikely that this will happen so it'll be slightly higher than 3%. Also, if you use it with lust and all the other crap it'll be closer to 4-5% I'd reckon.
    it is a 3% gain in damage. 18% for 30 seconds every 180 seconds.
    30/180=1/6
    (1/6)x18=3

quad core is a 3% increase in damage when used once, twice, three times, eighteen times, etc etc.
    BfA Beta Time

Bad troll is bad

30/180=1/6
    (1/6)x18=3

quad core is a 3% increase in damage when used once, twice, three times, eighteen times, etc etc.
    Sigh... So you're telling me its a 3% increase in damage if you pop it at the start of a 30 second fight? Fail logic is fail

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol
    Sigh... So you're telling me its a 3% increase in damage if you pop it at the start of a 30 second fight? Fail logic is fail

who cares about 30 second trash heroic fights? not me, i discuss shit in a raid setting, and no fight lasts under 3 minutes in ICC. keep trying though.
    BfA Beta Time

who cares about 30 second trash heroic fights? not me, i discuss shit in a raid setting, and no fight lasts under 3 minutes in ICC. keep trying though.
    Or how about a 210 second fight? You use it once right before pull and then again at the 180 second mark. This way you get it up for 60 seconds out of a total 210 seconds.
    60/210 = .285
    .285 x 18 = 5.14

So, in this case, which is totally possibly, the 4 piece t10 is worth 5.14% damage, not 3%. And this is without stacking it with other CDs.

I've seen PLENTY of fights last 3 minutes 30 seconds

30/180=1/6
    (1/6)x18=3

You are quite right its +3% BUT if you look at the diffrence with and without setbonus then using is smart can cause a bigger jump then 3%

Lets say without setbonus you do 10k dps then using it every cd in a 3,6 or 9 min fight you would do 10300damage.

Now the thing is if you look a report you rarly have 10k damage from the start to the end, your rotation have spikes even fights have spikes due to movement speed. So in a 3min fight 1min of the time you are doing the 10k but the next 1 min you move alot and only do 5k damage but you make up for this by doing 15k the last 1min. (IF I make a flaw here shoot me im tired and im sure you get my point.

Now the fun part depending on when you use it the 3% can either be more or less, since using +damage with haste, sp or crit effects can give more damage then it normaly would.

To say it in another way the setbonus is going to make the moment you choose to use to 18% larger no matter what but there is a huge diffrece between doing 18% more damage on the run or while nuking during bloodlust. So because of this while in theory its always +3% then in a real fight it can be more or less since its NOT 3% from the damage you do but 3% from the dmage you would have done with out it. :P

30/180=1/6
    (1/6)x18=3

Learn to cooldown stack?

It amounts to more than 3% damage when stacked with arcane power, icy veins, bloodlust et al. You're a raiding mage Swizzle... you should understand why we cooldown stack.

The math isnt this simple as everyone is trying to say. Everyone who has posted so far is trying to dumb it down by alot. Mages dps isnt always goin to be the same number, depending on pots/BL/procs during mirrors can greatly determine if its 3% or higher.

example: Your dps peaks at 10k during a BL, your avg is 7.5k outside of BL. If you use mirror during BL, obv you will net a bigger dps gain than if you used it after or before.

(2 posters above me are correct, and arent trying to dumb it down.)

Help me out with the math, but lets say I pop Arcane Power and Mirror Images at the same time. For the first 15 seconds, I have a 42% damage boost? So during a dps burn-phase (something like deconstructor heart phase), it will be a huge addition to our burst damage, popping Arcane Power, Icy Viens, Mirror Image, and Bloodlust, our dps during that time will be boosted a ton. However, over the course of a raid, if you pop it every cooldown, it's still just a 18% damage increase divided over 180 seconds of time.

So lets say your damage is X, looking at the four 30 second intervals you have:

1.18x +x +x +x +x +x= 6.18x/180= 0.034x or roughly 3.4% damage increase.

15+ Year Old Account

It's 1.2 * 1.18 = ~1.42 (IIRC, too lazy to do math now). So you get about 42% bonus while they're up together.