10+ Year Old Account

In ur pvp, nerfin' ur absorbs...

except for Ice Barrier? O_o

Or am I completely wrong?
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Re: In ur pvp, nerfin' ur absorbs...

Last i checked mages dont heal. And if you say the evocation glyph then shush, cant exactly use that with anything in hitting range

Keep in mind Ice barrier can be glyphed, increasing the dmg absorbed by 30%.
    Classic WoW.

The point of the shield nerf was to nerf HEALING. Not nerf dps classes survivability.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    The point of the shield nerf was to nerf HEALING. Not nerf dps classes survivability.
    Im a ret pally, they nerfed my sacred shield

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, they also nerfed my shadowpriest partners' PW:S. Bandaid fixes, there's no use complaining about these things...developing a more appropriate system is too much effort at this state of development, I suppose. AKA "Cataclysm will fix it". :

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    YES GOOD POINT!

Quote Originally Posted by iflame

oh damn.... INCONSISTANCY

lol i really don't know I think it may be wrong for mages to remain un-nerfed but hey.

10+ Year Old Account

outside of rmp, mages arent exaclty widely used. And nerfing/not nerfing icebarrier isnt going to change that really. I say let it be until mages make up like 15% representation (blizz seems to wait till then most times anway ;D)
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Deleted

Pallies can't heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear
    Pallies can't heal.
    lol?

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

10+ Year Old Account

A ret paladin trying to heal with a 5.8k kings'd mana pool is quite comparable to glyph of evocation. Meh, I'm watching Inglourious Basterds right now.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

outside of rmp, mages arent exaclty widely used. And nerfing/not nerfing icebarrier isnt going to change that really. I say let it be until mages make up like 15% representation (blizz seems to wait till then most times anway ;D)
    Harrypottercleave? Shatterplay?

Those are 2 very prominent comps that appear very regularly. Having 3 'named' comps to be able to play should be a clear indicator of a mage's versatility, most classes have 1, if not 2. (Cept rogues) I can't even think of a named comp for ferals

but you can heal yourself on almost every crit and put out decent heals if you need too. Trust me I play a prot pvp pally and gimping my survivability just sucks but if you really play arenas and know what you're doing that 10% less absorb will rarely ever be the deciding factor between a win or loss

EDIT: typos

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Prot paladins and disc priests for example "heal" through shields which is why shields got nerfed aswell

Obvious is obvious :

Sure blizzard can nerf our barriers, if they buff our defenses pretty big elsewhere. atm when your barrier gets dispelled your f*cked

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    Harrypottercleave? Shatterplay?

Those are 2 very prominent comps that appear very regularly. Having 3 'named' comps to be able to play should be a clear indicator of a mage's versatility, most classes have 1, if not 2. (Cept rogues) I can't even think of a named comp for ferals
    NRGCleave/Energycleave.

As a rogue, all i can say is nerf ice barrier. Without it you're fucked, but atm it absorbs far too much that if it breaks its not long before it can be reapplied.