Mount changes coming soon?

Well, not many know this yet, but the new Big Love Rocket mount from the Love is in the Air boss is actually different from the current mounts, as in it scales with the highest speed mount you have

so yeah, if you have a 150% mount, it will fly at 150%, if you have 280%, will fly at 280%, like all the scaling mounts from before (headless horseman and death knight's flyer)... but now, also 310%, which is quite surprising.

I wonder now if blizz is intending to add this functionality to all 280% mounts, so the players could choose which one to fly and not be stuck with proto drakes or frost wyrms (or a phoenix if you're lucky)

I would love this change ;D
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Mount changes coming soon?

Well it could be happening very unlikely but it could be.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

I'm sure someone will take the time to dig up the blue post but this was already discussed when they introduced the Ony mount. Blizz said players should be able to pick the mount they like and not be forced to ride/fly a particular mount just because it's the fastest one they have. Doubt we see it before Cata though
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Deleted

I'd love to be able to use my Netherwings again, not the Pink Horror (Purple Proto-drake, that is). :-\

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    I'd love to be able to use my Netherwings again, not the Pink Horror (Purple Proto-drake, that is). :-\
    ^

Just blizzard proving they have the Tech to do it, but are probaly going to add in Cataclysm as another Gimmick.

Like Hunters Ammo Change they promised months ago, and is now a Cata Gimmick ???

Blizzard has already done this with swift flight form for druids (if they have a 310% mount they can move at that speed in swift flight form).

They said they consider it a possiblity but don't know when.

another 5k gold dump to add the scaling functionality in cata watch

I would like to see that. Pay X amount of gold to update epic flying mounts from 280% to 310%

But then, what would PvP tourney players get? 340%?

15+ Year Old Account

They REALLY need to implement mount scaling. I have a rusted proto, 310%. I also have a twilight proto from 25 sarth 3d. I like the twilight drake more, but it's only 280%.
    I wanna fly it at 310%

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx
    Well, not many know this yet, but the new Big Love Rocket mount from the Love is in the Air boss is actually different from the current mounts, as in it scales with the highest speed mount you have

so yeah, if you have a 150% mount, it will fly at 150%, if you have 280%, will fly at 280%, like all the scaling mounts from before (headless horseman and death knight's flyer)... but now, also 310%, which is quite surprising.

I wonder now if blizz is intending to add this functionality to all 280% mounts, so the players could choose which one to fly and not be stuck with proto drakes or frost wyrms (or a phoenix if you're lucky)

I would love this change ;D
    dk mount does the same thing

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth
    I would like to see that. Pay X amount of gold to update epic flying mounts from 280% to 310%

But then, what would PvP tourney players get? 340%?
    That....won't ever happen. A 310% mount is something that you've gotten from doing something special, difficult, or from a lot of skill. It's not something I see them handing out to everyone for a few gold.
    They CAN however implement mount scaling, meaning if you have gotten a 310% mount, you can use any flying mount at 310%. They've already done it for a few mounts...just don't see why they don't do it. I want to ride my twilight drake at 310%. My rusted proto is ugly as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by devark
    dk mount does the same thing
    Did it FIRST as well ^.^

Too bad it's ugly as sin...

You will never find me riding on that plucked chicken.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Did it FIRST as well ^.^

Too bad it's ugly as sin...

You will never find me riding on that plucked chicken.
    yeah..it looks pretty fucking stupid. I got black drake out of 3d sarth and I use that over it..even though I hate the way regular drakes look, aside from the twilight drake. it's purty. :3

headless horsemen's mount also does it.

Blizzard plans on adding a function where all mounts will scale to your fastest able speed. It was discussed in forums, but there was a difficulty with things of this sort... you either get new stuff, or improved old stuff.... blizz picks new *almost every time
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    310% mount speed shouldn't even be on those purple ones. Its the welfare mount of all proto drakes. 310% should be reserved for the ones that require effort (dungeon/raid achievement meta's, rare drops...etc).

personally I think the achievement mounts (like violet/black/ironbound/etc) should give a coldweather flying like spellbook ability called "Super Fast" or something that makes all your flying mounts go to 310%. Then instead of taking the mounts out of the game, they just remove the superfast part. So now if people want to go back and steamroll naxx for a plagued protodrake, you can, it just wont be 310. It'll help people get their 100+ mount type achievements. Then if you see someone on a 280 rusted proto, you know it got it post ulduar's prime. And they can keep the mounts in the game, and just have the 310 speed buff attached to the most recent dungeon or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089

another 5k gold dump to add the scaling functionality in cata watch
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield
    310% mount speed shouldn't even be on those purple ones. Its the welfare mount of all proto drakes. 310% should be reserved for the ones that require effort (dungeon/raid achievement meta's, rare drops...etc).
    I know far more people with a 310% mount from raids than I know with the purple. Any clown who can worm his way into a good guild for a week or two can get the raid mounts, the purple at least takes individual time and effort.

(Disclaimer: I have the Rusted Proto and do not yet have the Violet Proto).