Poll: Do you like/support this idea

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Possible change to hardmode system.

Quote Originally Posted by Draoi
    I don't mind them. If anything it makes people better raiders in a shorter time-spans. You don't really have a good strategy if you pound you head against a boss for hundreds of attempts. If you are going for world/regional firsts I can see using alts to learn encounters, but I doubt any guild out of the world top 50 / 100 do this.

Sounds to me like you are in a guild that isn't as hardcore as you would like.
    I actually just left my guild for this exact reaon, but that discussion doesn't belong here.

Back on topic, I like my hard modes hard. I am completely fine with wiping on a boss for hundreds of attempts if the number of attempts is representative of the difficulty of the encounter and not the lack of skill of the players attempting it. 20 attempts is nothing, I know blizzard have stated that this will be increased at some point but we don't know when yet. If a boss is killable in anything close to as low as 20 attempts then it isn't difficult. There is always hard mode lich king to look forward to though, but due to sharing a limited attempt pool with three bosses that are probably reasonably difficult we won't know much about that for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    If you look at Ulduar, around 500 guilds killed Yoggy in the first week of release, and ye, not even 50 guilds have down Lich King yet.
    of course, you didnt have 20 attempts for yogg, did you? 8)

Interesting idea but I think the current system works well. Myguild got everything in TOGC25 except Anub, and I am okay with it. Heroic is supposed to be just that. However I will grant that in TOC the easy mode was WAY undertuned so it wasn't really an good transition to heroic. ICC "easy" modes still provide a good challenge without being rediculous. I think they hit it on the head with the normal verson of ICC.

Can't wait for heroic.

Seeing has how Vodka managed 8 hard modes in ICC25 their first night working on them, I want to say that they aren't hard enough .... but at the same time, it is a top 5 (or #1 or whatever) guild in the world clearing the content...