Thread: Water fatigue?

Water fatigue?

With the whole world being flying mount ready, are we going to have huge constraints and problems trying to fly from, say, Teldrassil to Borean Tundra? Generally, and was seen in Northrend very much, if you fly to the point where the ocean floor drops to an infinite abyss, you start to fatigue and will slowly die. My question is are we going to be able to fly on our mounts from one area to another without taking boats or are we gonna get shafted waiting for the boats to traverse a distance span the size of Elwynn Forest?

Re: Water fatigue?

Well each contanent is in a seperate instance anyway so if you were able to fly across there wouldn't be anything to see.
    You will still have to take a boat just to cross.....

Fatigue will remain.
    It is there because the continents are not laid out as they appear on the map. Imagine that they are massive instances, if it helps.
    That's why certain continents will crash, and you can log into a character on a different continent.
    [quote author=ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε link=topic=158876.msg2123362#msg2123362 date=1265649724]
    And who are you?
    Â A two-feet-tall midget dual wielding 5ft long two-handed swords?
    Â Or a blue-skinned half-squid-half-goat uncorrupted demon of light from outer space who is a wild shaman?
    Â Or are you a killed, then raised, then liberated, then killed, then raised, then liberated again human whose eyes used to glow not, then glow yellow, and now glow blue (I'm not even talking of your spine portruding through your skin, your armor and your cloak)(and the ability to speak without lower jaw)?
    Â Or are you an elf who can turn into a cat, bear, seal, cheetah, eagle and tree, but still has to use ground mounts which you magically conjure from thin air? [/quote]

10+ Year Old Account

Each continent is housed on a separate instance - that's why you always see load screens when taking a zeppelin or boat from one continent to another. It is a technological necessity for the game to have you take long distance travel (with a load screen) to get to a different continent.

Travel to points within one continent do not need to load a new instance, so you can absolutely use your mount in the exact same way you do now. In fact, the same constraints will apply in Cataclysm that apply now. The exception is when traveling from Eastern Plaguelands to Ghostlands. Ghostlands, Eversong Woods, Silvermoon, and Quel'danas are basically housed on the same instance server as Outland (from what I understand), because of them both being part of the Burning Crusade expansion pack, and therefor require you to step into a portal to enter.

At the end of the sea, it literally just ends.

Also, flying from Continent from Continent should take a long time, it is unrealistic to be able to fly with a Drake across hundreds of miles of water (even if in-game it isnt as far).

Imagine hovering above the Maelstrom, watching the massive whirlpool, the sound of the roaring water churning. Pretty epic imo.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nettarix
    Imagine hovering above the Maelstrom, watching the massive whirlpool, the sound of the roaring water churning. Pretty epic imo.
    Sorta like standing near a waterfall, the sound you hear is the only sound you hear, the roar of the ocean. Doubt they'd do that though, some stupid fuck will undoubtedly unmount and complain to a GM that hes stuck or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Well each contanent is in a seperate instance anyway so if you were able to fly across there wouldn't be anything to see.
    You will still have to take a boat just to cross.....
    I've tryed this :P when i was over trisfal i died (where it should've been lol)
    and i got ressed in westfall wtf
    "If the Burning Legion is such a problem why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a legion."

It seems that whenever something bat-shit weird goes wrong with being stuck, we always find ourselves in Westfall...

"Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?"

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It could still happen, just like Ghostlands>Plaguelands...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfeet
    It seems that whenever something bat-shit weird goes wrong with being stuck, we always find ourselves in Westfall...
    It is the place where every alliance gets send to, when the game / server doesn't know where to put you. I believe Horde got Crossroads for that.
    In the Groves of Death

Quote Originally Posted by MickM
    It could still happen, just like Ghostlands>Plaguelands...
    I wonder what will happen to that portal, they can hardly make it expand to surround all the nearby mountains and such :
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    It is the place where every alliance gets send to, when the game / server doesn't know where to put you. I believe Horde got Crossroads for that.
    Nope, horde goes to westfall too ><

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret
    Nope, horde goes to westfall too ><
    Do you honestly think we went to CoT: Durnholde because the Keepers of Time drew us there? No! It was because Old Blanchy (in his young form) drew you there.
    Same story with Westfall, that Old Blanchy is up to something...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    I wonder what will happen to that portal, they can hardly make it expand to surround all the nearby mountains and such :
    Might just become a portal in the shape of an invisible wall...