slow mainhand vs fast mainhand as prot

hello, first time poster

Im doing my daily heroics for frost emblems as prot pally, with ok icc 10 gear. When im tanking in raids im using the 1.60 speed tanking mace from Lord Marrowgar, but when im farming heroics my question is, will i do more dmg with the 2.60 speed mace from 10 man Festergut with SoC ? Will the weapon speed be a major dps factor in hc dungeon farming with SoC ?

Re: slow mainhand vs fast mainhand as prot

ty for a insightful answer and a nice link I will still use the Marrowgar tanking mace for raid boss fights due to the avoidance as you said. But for heroics and aoe trash pulls it seems like i can use the Festergut 2.7 dps mace for both more aoe dmg and tps. From the link it allso seemed like Berserking is the best enchant for this weapon in regards to dmg and tps, is that correct ? For heroics and aoe trash pulls defence and avoidance isnt an issue right now as i have about 570 defense without equiped any weapon.

Again ty for youre answere

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

if u r so into dps as tank, tank as ret

berserk is a mitigation killer, but obviously you don't care

Deleted

my question is: why even care for tps in heroics? you are a paladin! if you arent completely bad it is next to impossible for anyone to get aggroed for more than 1-2 seconds thanks to paladins 2 lowcooldown taunts, one of them being an intelligent masstaunt as well .. ^^

slow weapon + SoC = win in heroix ???
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator
    my question is: why even care for tps in heroics? you are a paladin! if you arent completely bad it is next to impossible for anyone to get aggroed for more than 1-2 seconds thanks to paladins 2 lowcooldown taunts, one of them being an intelligent masstaunt as well .. ^^
    How about you riddle your self this.
    Say that you are geared up enough that you can solo at least full pack of trash without getting heals.
    Say that you have at least one set of tanking gear you aren't using anymore but it is still over geared for heroics.
    Say that you are tired of taking 20-30 min to do a run that can be done in <15min.
    Say that you are tired of lack luster keyturner deeps slowing you down.

For heroics its not about tps its about dps.
    For raid trash its about front loading as much threat as you can in an few GCDs as you can. Have fun having to taunt half large pack because your boomkin, mage, lock and armored blender all unload as soon as you got into melee range causing each one of them to pull a mob off of you.

I had someone say they were told Bloodvenom Blade, the 2.6 second DPS weapon, was BiS for prot. I wasn't sure what to make of it. The Paladin to whom it was attributed is a seriously good tank, over 6k GS, one of top guilds on our server, but it... just doesn't make sense to me, at least not intuitively.

It's not. It is very high up there for a pure threat weapon, but not the top.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...wtopic#p537785

Well, that's interesting. I'd have never really thought about it, I need to study up. I've been Ret/Prot for a while (10 frosts away from being Stormadin, which, given my name, seems appropriate), but I'm taking one for the team and respeccing out of Ret for a while because I'm one of the tanks in our core raid and I'll be going Prot/Holy. Right now my tanking options are Gleaming (sigh) Quel'Serrar and Falric's, so I might have to think about rolling on something like Frost Giant's Cleaver if it drops.