Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Limited attempts REMOVED

limited attempts are nice, usually people try harder and will start pointing out weaker points in the people slacking or a poor strategy.

10+ Year Old Account

I have no expirience with the limited tries. I have three raid types I get into. Version one, wipe on trash before Marrowgar. Mobs with mechanics? BLASPHEMY! Version two, wipe on Marrowgar. Tanks no need stack! Melee kill spikes, range only focus on boss. Version three, Saurfang. What do you mean I can't let the blood beasts wail on me?

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc11
    Eitherway the dps requirement for blood queen is retarded for some guilds so it still will be rough for them.

Not complaining here just stating a fact.
    BQL will be a joke once the buff from our faction leaders start kicking in.

Honestly, a good change for casuals.

The reason i say this has nothing to do with how many times we get to throw ourselves at a boss. I am in a guild which can only raid 25 mans twice a week, and barely more than 3 hours each raid day. Back in the days of ulduar, when raid extensions were released, we there was much rejoicing as the extension managed to get us attempts on late bosses, like vezax and yogg saron.

However, the limited attempts on ICC bosses effectively put a halt to any such thing, due to their very nature. We'd clear princes, rotface/fester, then be out of time, and people wouldn't want to extend cause we'd only have 20 tries on bosses for a whole raid week. Now once again, raid extensions have become a valid option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Highnoble
    limited attempts are nice, usually people try harder and will start pointing out weaker points in the people slacking or a poor strategy.
    I agree but usually when people, at least in my guild, make mistakes even simple ones it is intensified by the limited attempts and causes drama.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Hardcore Players will QQ.
    Casuals will be filled with happiness.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger
    I have no expirience with the limited tries. I have three raid types I get into. Version one, wipe on trash before Marrowgar. Mobs with mechanics? BLASPHEMY! Version two, wipe on Marrowgar. Tanks no need stack! Melee kill spikes, range only focus on boss. Version three, Saurfang. What do you mean I can't let the blood beasts wail on me?
    Are you sure you don't play Alliance on US-Sargeras? Because it sure sounds like you do. Although I can't say I've ever had a wipe on trash aside from stupid ass pulls...

I'm hoping this isn't a cop out of the promised damage/healing/health buff over time. 5% a week for 3-5 weeks(5 max like right before Cata maybe) sounds ok to me, maybe you can click one stack off at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

people complaining about "nerfing" the fights are not thinking about this.
    If they're wiping 20 times on professor because they're just not good enough, giving them infinite tries isn't gonna make the fight any easier. They'll just wipe all night instead of two hours.

Now if they're a reasonably good guild that can get each of the wings' final bosses down after working hard at it, say 8 or 9 attempts per boss before downing them, then it gives them the chance to progress instead of being stuck on sindragosa, or the lich king if they're lucky.

I think at this point it's win-win. The groups that deserve to progress will progress.

In other words, no one will ever faceroll their way past putricide or the blood queen, no matter how many attempts they get.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom

I'm hoping this isn't a cop out of the promised damage/healing/health buff over time. 5% a week for 3-5 weeks(5 max like right before Cata maybe) sounds ok to me, maybe you can click one stack off at a time.
    when you say this "stacking Buff" you mean the buff blizzard said icecrown is getting is gonna come out over a period of time? if so can you show me where this information is from? i'm interested to see

Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    It become a steamroll-reset with nothing but a hard endboss, no fun at all..
    Sure face rolling your way tell the end boss and then stuch by a brick wall because the raid did not develope any skills to ready them self for the last boss sucks.
    With ToC being a joke, I think that ICC 25 was a nice slap in the face for the player base which is used to just facerolling their way through content. Just sucks when your guild is stuck with half those people and cannot progress due to the mind set that blizzard has left them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    when you say this "stacking Buff" you mean the buff blizzard said icecrown is getting is gonna come out over a period of time? if so can you show me where this information is from? i'm interested to see

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/2103...ogression.html

at the very bottom...although it doesn't say the percentage and time between buffs
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Orionsoliara
    people complaining about "nerfing" the fights are not thinking about this.
    If they're wiping 20 times on professor because they're just not good enough, giving them infinite tries isn't gonna make the fight any easier. They'll just wipe all night instead of two hours.

Now if they're a reasonably good guild that can get each of the wings' final bosses down after working hard at it, say 8 or 9 attempts per boss before downing them, then it gives them the chance to progress instead of being stuck on sindragosa, or the lich king if they're lucky.

I think at this point it's win-win. The groups that deserve to progress will progress.

In other words, no one will ever faceroll their way past putricide or the blood queen, no matter how many attempts they get.
    This.

And why would hardcore people start qqing? Didn't some people in Ensidia comment on how limited attempts add unnecessary stress to the raids? In all honesty, this helps guilds that are still trying to learn the encounters (and makes raid lockouts a real option) and for guilds that don't need it, it takes away some of the pressure that an unexpected wipe (lag, DC, etc.) may cause on a limited attempt boss.

Whoever said "hardcores will QQ" is crazy.
    Pretty much everybody hates this limited attempt crap.

Of course, I guess we could still QQ about the limited attempts on heroic thing.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Omein
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/2103...ogression.html

at the very bottom...although it doesn't say the percentage and time between buffs
    In the weeks and months after all twelve encounters are unlocked, additional attempts against the final four boss encounters become available. This represents the Ashen Verdict growing more powerful and gaining a stronger foothold in Icecrown Citadel. To further help raids, Varian Wrynn and Garrosh Hellscream will begin to provide assistance by inspiring the armies attacking Icecrown Citadel. This is represented as an additional zone wide spell effect applied to all players that will increase their hit points, damage dealt, and healing done. This effect will also increase in effectiveness over time. Players may opt out of the spell's effect if they so wish.
    Holy shit... remember those datamined spells of "Hellscream's Warsong" and "Strength of Wrynn"? I guess they actually ARE adding those. I am guessing 5% this week, another 5% next week, another 5% 2 weeks after that, another 5% 2 weeks after that, 5% three weeks after that, and finally a total of 30% 4 weeks after that.

Now, I am all for being able to see the Lich King as a casual PUGger, but really... 30% HP/DPS/Healing buff? wtf. That will make most of the fights except coordination ones like Putricide, Blood Queen and the Lich King trivial.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/p...the-lich-king/ if you don't believe me.

Was wondering how they would deal with the whole same attempt counter for HM/NM... So you can use your hard mode attempts and not have to worry about not being able to clear Lich King that week. Also don't expect the stacking % raid wide buff to be coming any time soon thinking it will start with 4.0 ~.

Tbh i hate the attempts but i think that the boss's should be made more difficult. To the point where they cant be killed the first week they are released. Blizzard is right everyone deserves the right to see all the content, But like in real life you shouldnt have shit handed to you, you should have to earn it.

Not sure how I feel about the buffs they are adding, but I am all for removing the limited attempts.

Lag in icecrown on my server is terrible right now, making limited attempts just feel stupid...at this point, it isn't even about skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Interesting... now every group of bads will want to do Professor, Blood Queen, Sindragosa and (if they can kill the others) the Lich King. Time to buy many more flasks and foods for my PUGs. Of course, this week I got stuck with two groups who said "OMG Guys we been in here over 2 hours too long gtg cya" and on one we had just wiped on DBS 25M at THREE PERCENT. Go figure.
    The day an actual pug manages to kill Sindragosa or Blood Queen is the day I will lol all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Waters
    Was wondering how they would deal with the whole same attempt counter for HM/NM... So you can use your hard mode attempts and not have to worry about not being able to clear Lich King that week. Also don't expect the stacking % raid wide buff to be coming any time soon thinking it will start with 4.0 ~.
    Then why on God's green earth did blizzard shower players in free epics in 3.3? So they could do their dailies faster? Your average LFD-focused player will need the 30% buff and full 251/264 frost badge gear and the odd 251 weapon/trinket etc with the rest filled in by 232 to even so much as kill LK 10M on normal and it would make no sense to "nerf" outdated content. That'd be like giving level 80s a buff of 15% damage/healing/HP when they enter SWP/BT...

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333
    Tbh i hate the attempts but i think that the boss's should be made more difficult. To the point where they cant be killed the first week they are released. Blizzard is right everyone deserves the right to see all the content, But like in real life you shouldnt have shit handed to you, you should have to earn it.
    I think your speaking too soon. The only guilds who downed the lich king in 25 man are some of the best in the world, and even though they did it the first week it came out, the true tests awaits in hard modes. I guarantee theses guilds wont be rolling through the end wing bosses like some did in normal modes the first couple weeks, and the limited attempts in hardmode will help enforce this.

Overall, I'm pretty happy that the limited attempts were removed from normal mode, but I also think they could have gone with it for a week or two longer. Personally I enjoyed the added challenge of end wing bosses and the what limited attempts brought to the table. But at the end of the day this just means my guild is closer to downing the lich king and moving on to what I'm REALLY looking foward to, hardmode end-patch content.