@mousever, @target and @player macro help

I'm currently leveling up a shaman healer. And seeing as I got the two waves and the chain heal spells, I am trying to get them all under one button. While having them under one button, I am also trying to have them cast in a prioritized system. @mouseover -> @target -> @player.

Currently, it looks something like this:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nomod] [help,nomod] [@player,help,nomod] Healing Wave; [@mouseover,help,mod:alt] [help,mod:alt] [@player,help,mod:alt] Lesser Healing Wave; [@mouseover,help,mod:shift] [help,mod:shift] [@player,help,mod:shift] Chain Heal
    But I am having trouble with the cast-onto-self bit, it refuses to cast onto me if I don't target myself, or keep the cursor over my portrait. Any ideas?

Re: @mousever, @target and @player macro help

Why all the "@"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

you need to add exists -> [help,exists,nomod] for example or check the autoselfcast option in the blizz config menu

Well, I've used them instead of
    Code:
    Target=mouseover
    for example, not sure if I can remove those. May try when at home. And to you Xenophob, it is enabled, but the damned thing refuse to autoselfcast with three modifiers.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

The "@" is a shortcut for "target=" in macro code. It was added in the most recent patch, and drops 6 characters from every instance in which you were using the target= clause in your macros.

I'm now using this code:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nomod] [help,nomod] [@player,help,nomod] Lesser healing wave; [@mouseover,help,mod:alt] [help,mod:alt] [@player,help,mod:alt] healing wave; [@mouseover,help,mod:shift] [help,mod:shift] [@player,help,mod:shift] chain heal;
    It works perfectly until I bind it to a mouse button, after it's bound to one of the keeps on my mouse, I can't use this macro while hovering over a portrait and cast, which I can do perfectly if it's bound to one of the numeric keys.

Although this is not the most elegant solution, you will probably feel much more comfortable using Healbot to heal with and binding heals directly to your mouse....For now, try this:

/cast [@mouseover,help,mod:shift][help,mod:shift][@player,mod:shift]Chain Heal;[@mouseover,help,mod:alt][help,mod:alt][@player,mod:alt]Healing Wave;[@mouseover,help,nomod][help,nomod][@player,nomod]Lesser Healing Wave

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

The problem you are having is not caused by your macro, it's a limitation from WoW. When your mouse is over a unit frame any clicks are sent to the frame regardless what button you use - they won't get to your action bar. Clique can get around that though, or you could configure your mouse on Windows to mimic a keyboard button that is out of your normal reach (assuming it has a software to do so, which most mouses nowadays come with).