Thread: Lvling a mage

Lvling a mage

Hmm hey guys, I started lvling a mage since this morning (lvl 6 now :P) And i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right directions of lvling glyphs/spec and rotation. All the help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ;D

Re: Lvling a mage

Frost is the easiest way to go. i didnt level mine frost till 75 lol. But so much more control, survivability, aoe grinding mobs down. Easy peasy. its been almost 1 1/2 since ive been a little mage, been 70+ for a while, so im not sure that i can give you a rotation or glyphs to use. But look up frost mage leveling guide or mage aoe grinding. Thatll get you closer to what youre asking for imo.

EDIT: after reading this i starting browsing the the internet and i came acrossed http://criticalqq.wordpress.com/2008...eveling-frost/ and it seems to be pretty up to date. give that a shot and see how it works for you =o)

Yup frost, spec something like this http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?c=Mage

spend the remaining points as you wish

As for glyphs i'd go for mana gem, ice barrier and eternal water for leveling. Having your elemental around for extra damage is quite nice i'd imagine.

As for a rotation, just spam frostbolt...you can frostbolt-->ice lance once you get it, and throw fireballs off when you get a brain freeze proc

Thanks for all the helpfull info guys, Much appreciation

i really recommend the glyph of mage armor when it becomes available. until you get your elemental and replenishment, i found it really helped me have little to no down time.

once i got molten armor, is switched, but by then i wasn't having mana issues anymore.

read the stickies, and while the valentines event is here, grab a fuck tonne of the sp things, 45 sp is insane at low levels (even high).

With heirlooms definitly go arcane and just have fun spending 71 points somewhere in arcane tree.. really doesn't matter that much because even the survivability talents are nice for levelling (well accept incanters absorption i guess ). Keep an eye on arcane if you get bored off of frost while levelling.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    With heirlooms definitly go arcane and just have fun spending 71 points somewhere in arcane tree.. really doesn't matter that much because even the survivability talents are nice for levelling (well accept incanters absorption i guess ). Keep an eye on arcane if you get bored off of frost while levelling.
    honestly, frost is slow single target and very boring. Aoeing is the way to go for frost. If thats not your cup of tea, do what this fella said and go Arcane and try that out. The burst for single target is pretty intense. Even for a more interesting experience you can go fire and pyroblast something to half health and let the ignite and dot from pyro kill it the rest of way. Psuedo-oneshotting ftw. After awhile you can start living bomb spaming groups and just kite them around and almost aoe with fire.

But yea, i think the quickest easiest route is frost (as my first post indicated). It just so happens to be the most boring =o)