Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Death of an Aspect

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    It might be missed in my previous post, but...

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44651

Perhaps that's a tool that Alexstrasza can use to transfer the power.
    Eh that stinks of "the Eye was merely a setback" but Blizz will do whatever is easiest.

Neltharion may have lessened the blue flight when they still had their aspect but they still had a role no matter the "glory" of their flight as long as they had that power the titans entrusted to Malygos ( not his son, his nephew or his dog). Now with what you just quoted and Malygos dead it's simply overkill.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis
    Eh that stinks of "the Eye was merely a setback" but Blizz will do whatever is easiest.

Neltharion may have lessened the blue flight when they still had their aspect but they still had a role no matter the "glory" of their flight as long as they had that power the titans entrusted to Malygos ( not his son, his nephew or his dog). Now with what you just quoted and Malygos dead it's simply overkill.
    It just seems, pardon the language, RETARDED, that the Titans wouldn't at least place some fail-safe mechanism in place in case their guardians went awry or dead, like they did with Loken.

But. Blizzard lore is filled with so many holes and logical fallacies, who knows.

I'll repost by modified post as an answer to the above comments:

The point being they have no more say in the Accord or in general because they bring nothing to the table, they've become a very marginal force left as a spectator of things to come. The blue flight will not go extinct because it can't reproduce but because it's lost it's purpose and with it their importance, they are scattered, weakened and without solid leadership, their only possible fate now is extinction by one means or another.

Don't get me wrong, to me 100 blue dragons sitting in the ruins of the Nexus a thousand years later with Kalec as their leader is extinction to me.
    When you were as aspect of thousands if not tens of thousands of elements and you commanded all the magic in Azeroth, ending up silenced and divided in half, three, four one hundred is the same as dying and I think if the blue flight weren't pixels they'd agree. :P
    But there is no evidence of this. Kalecgos is at the Temple, his opinion is considered and given weight by the Red Flight, in matter purely internal to them (though affecting everyone). The other flights still seem to consider Blue a force worth considering. For that matter, Black is still represented at the Temple, and *their* Aspect is power mad loony toon that everyone hates, and who may or may not be dead. (We know he's not dead, but in game all they know is that he's been gone for most of a decade after a major defeat, and serious, possibly mortal, wounding.) I don't think it's going to work like you think it will. Either:

A) There is enough power remaining in the remnants of the Blue Flight to continue monitoring the Arcane without an Aspect. They will keep doing their jobs and simply defer to a leader or council instead of an all powerful Aspect.

or

B) One of the other Blues will be or has been imbued with most or all of Maly's power and become the new Aspect. Knowing as they must that nearly everything in the Warcraft Universe is killable, the Titans placed a fail-safe in the power of the Aspects to allow it to move on in the event of death.

I still think (B), but either is more likely than the Blue flight simply becoming over sized unusually bright protodrakes that eventually fade away.

Deleted

It just seems, pardon the language, RETARDED, that the Titans wouldn't at least place some fail-safe mechanism in place in case their guardians went awry or dead, like they did with Lokann.
    Fixed. ;D

Yeah, it'd make sense for them to implement some sort of mechanism to ensure the Aspects' roles could be passed on. With their keepers, I understand they thought them uncorruptable, but the dragons weren't constructs of theirs.

(Just for the record, I was "Lokann" before WotLK. It's like a former guildie of mine whose nick was "Cethun", but he had never heard of C'thun before making the char. :P)

Deleted

They aren't vampires.
    What?

15+ Year Old Account

It just seems, pardon the language, RETARDED, that the Titans wouldn't at least place some fail-safe mechanism in place in case their guardians went awry or dead, like they did with Loken.

But. Blizzard lore is filled with so many holes and logical fallacies, who knows.
    The Aspects are guardians of immense power but they aren't gods.

The Titans put them in place to help safeguard Azeroth, not dominate it, which is why Deathwing makes the Lich King looks like a fool compared to him.

Just because the Titans made you, empowered you or imprisoned you (instead of killed you) as seen with Yogg-Saron doesn't mean you can't die.

Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    (Just for the record, I was "Lokann" before WotLK. It's like a former guildie of mine whose nick was "Cethun", but he had never heard of C'thun before making the char. :P)
    Yeah right! Titan loving phoney!

" Hey everyone that guys a great big phoney " :P

I might just be jealous that no boss is named Phenomina :'(

15+ Year Old Account

The Aspects are guardians of immense power but they aren't gods.

The Titans put them in place to help safeguard Azeroth, not dominate it, which is why Deathwing makes the Lich King looks like a fool compared to him.

Just because the Titans made you, empowered you or imprisoned you (instead of killed you) as seen with Yogg-Saron doesn't mean you can't die.

I don't mean it that way.

Look at Loken. Their beacon sensed great corruption, so they ended up sending Algalon to come down and see what was happening.

Why wouldn't they do the same with the Aspects? Give them some sort of item that allows the power to be passed on in case of a situation like this. The Titans are extremely noble and wise beings. For them to not even consider the possibility of this, it's completely absurd. There's definitely a method to pass the power on.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    I might just be jealous that no boss is named Phenomina :'(
    Well, there is a book of yours in the Oculus... They misspelled your name, though. :P

Look at Loken. Their beacon sensed great corruption, so they ended up sending Algalon to come down and see what was happening.
    The beacon actually didn't sense any corruption, it was Loken's death that triggered the mechanism.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, there is a book of yours in the Oculus... They misspelled your name, though. :P

The beacon actually didn't sense any corruption, it was Loken's death that triggered the mechanism.
    My bad, once again. I'm a bit rusty.

Oh that old thing :-[

I just wrote that on a slow afternoon

Dam publisher's always spelling my name wrong.

We need to burn Malygos before Bolvar the Lich King ressurects him as a Aspect Wyrm Mount

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum3000
    So then what would the death's of other Aspects mean?

Norzdormu - We could no longer rely on the bronze dragons to save us from the infinite dragons?
    Ysera - The Emerald Dream would no longer be protected?
    Deathwing - ???
    Alexstrasza - ???
    ---Spoiler---

If you do the quest on top of the wyrmrest temple you'd see that it is a great chance that the infinite dragonflight is infact created by Nozdormu, and that it is other bronze drakes, like Chromie that are opposing them.

People seem to have things confused. Aspects represent things and guard them. They do not own it, they are not the sources of it, they are not deities of any sort. They are protectors linked to the thing they protect and nothing more.

When Malygos went insane, has the magic throughout Azeroth gone insane as well? Not really.

Deathwing is evil. Is the land evil too?

Ysera is bound to Nature and the Emerald Dream. If there is a Nightmare, is she responsible for it?

Undeath is a result of the Dragon Queen wane in power? She is the Life Binder after all!

And the list goes on. Titans created dragons to guard Azeroth. Life, Nature, Magic, Time and so forth were the essential elements to be kept under control. Ever since the Burning Legion came to Azeroth, Dragons have fought a somewhat losing battle every single day.

Malygos was the one that understood Magic the most. He was the being attuned the most to the Arcane. He was the protector of Magic and happened to be first of all magic protectors. Another one should be able to take his place in time. Malygos does not own Magic itself. If he did, there would be no war in the first place, he would have been able to prevent other races from using it all together.

His brood will continue to exist and magic will continue to exist.

The real issue is: how is Azeroth going to be without Malygos to direct the Blue Dragonflight to protect magic?

Magic might get out of control because the Aspect that could sense and predict things about magic is not going to be there anymore to address things quickly. And his successor will not be as powerful, as knowledgeable or as attuned to magic as Malygos was.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    ---Spoiler---

If you do the quest on top of the wyrmrest temple you'd see that it is a great chance that the infinite dragonflight is infact created by Nozdormu, and that it is other bronze drakes, like Chromie that are opposing them.
    Even if that answers the question about Nozdormu what about Deathwing, Ysera, and Alexstrasza? What would each of their death's signify in WoW?

We are MORE than likely going to kill Deathwing so how will that affect us?

Ysera, Nozdormu, Alexstrasza likely not but then again who knows about the first two.

Honestly, I don't think the Aspects are much of a big deal. I might be going way too far out in left field, but I'll quote Algalon here.

Perhaps it is your imperfection, that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere over all cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titan's own perfect creations have failed.
    And from the event.

Algalon was sent here to judge the fate of our world. He found a planet who's races had deviated from the titan's blueprints. A planet where not everything had gone according to plan! Cold logic deemed our world not worth saving. Cold logic however does not account for the power of free will! it's up to each of us to prove that this is a world worth saving!
    Just from the speech, it seems that Blizzard is really pushing the idea that the mortal races are in control of the future. Nothing is like the titans had planned it. Therefore, by my fucked up logic, the aspects are really no big deal at this point. Powerful allies, sure, but they really serve no great purpose these days. -shrug-

Quote Originally Posted by baconwing
    more than likely blizzard will just end up making another dragon from the blue dragon flight the new aspect. simple enough provided they dont want to use the concept you put forth, about magic possibly going haywire.
    This is what I was thinking why would the aspect wither away you would think that the second in command in the blue dragonflght would take over command and learn the ways of being the supreme guardian.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wow4lyfe05
    This is what I was thinking why would the aspect wither away you would think that the second in command in the blue dragonflght would take over command and learn the ways of being the supreme guardian.
    A new leader could certainly come up, but will never be as powerful as Malygos. The blue dragonflight will still continue to moniter magic, but none of them will be able to control it to the extent that Malygos could.

As to the Titans creating a fail-safe transferral of power, when Loken died, the beacon immediatly alerted the titans, who sent Algalon to see what's going on. If they had created something to transfer the power of an aspect, it would've happened immediatly on Malygos's death, or, if it required one of them to enable, one would have appeared by now to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    A new leader could certainly come up, but will never be as powerful as Malygos. The blue dragonflight will still continue to moniter magic, but none of them will be able to control it to the extent that Malygos could.

As to the Titans creating a fail-safe transferral of power, when Loken died, the beacon immediatly alerted the titans, who sent Algalon to see what's going on. If they had created something to transfer the power of an aspect, it would've happened immediatly on Malygos's death, or, if it required one of them to enable, one would have appeared by now to do so.
    That doesn't necessarily follow. For one, who's to say it hasn't already happened. Just 'cause Kalecgos (or some other Blue, but his position as the loyal opposition to Maly in the Blue Flight, and his recent importance make him the best candidate IMO) is the new Blue aspect doesn't mean he wants to go trumpeting it to the world before he has mastered the powers involved. He may not even know. Fantasy is full of semi-divine beings passing on their powers to unsuspecting people who first have to learn and accept what they are, then master their new abilities. For another, there's the Heart of Magic. It does something, or Blizz would not have bothered with it. If it's the Mantle of the Blue Aspect, Alexstrasza has it and is looking for the worthy candidate. (Or she went "Ooh, nummy magic! Omnomnom!", but I think we can all agree this is unlikely).