Talent "Deflection" question

It is good or worthless for Fury spec? I would like to hear everyone's comment about that talent.. Thanks

Re: Talent "Deflection" question

If you spend any time PvPing as fury, I'd take it as filler over Imp Rend.

But there is no valid PvE reason to take Deflection as a DPS warrior. The filler points are better spent in Imp Rend (and of course in Imp Heroic Strike).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

never once, as a fury warrior have i used rend in my rotation. spend those 2 points in deflection and have a nice day =D

Rending as fury is pretty hard since it can't be used in berserker stance :/

if as fury you use rend, you're doing it wrong. no reason not to get deflection maybe you parry a whirlwind or something.
    blah blah blah, I post win, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saangi
    if as fury you use rend, you're doing it wrong. no reason not to get deflection maybe you parry a whirlwind or something.
    Actually using rend CORRECTLY gives you ~120 dps boost.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by mmff4
    Actually using rend CORRECTLY gives you ~120 dps boost.
    Right, but most people will never use rend as fury.

They will, however, occasionally pull threat on "trash bosses" like Deathwhisper. So they might actually use deflection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

I've rended ony right before she takes off. That's about it, though.

Edit: If there is a correct way to work rend into a rotation, can you please share? I'm fury off spec so I haven't looked into it as much as I have tanking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mechaj
    I've rended ony right before she takes off. That's about it, though.

Edit: If there is a correct way to work rend into a rotation, can you please share? I'm fury off spec so I haven't looked into it as much as I have tanking stuff.
    As I understand it, it's just: when WW and BT both have 3s + on CD, and nothing is procced. Swap stances, rend, swap stances, Blood Rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysimir
    As I understand it, it's just: when WW and BT both have 3s + on CD, and nothing is procced. Swap stances, rend, swap stances, Blood Rage.
    Yes, this is the way I do it. When you switch points from Deflection to Imp Rend, and then add the additional bleed damage from Trauma (or Mangle) then rend becomes a viable way to increase your DPS.

Having been an arms warrior in a past life, it seems such a shame to waste a GCD just waiting for cooldowns to finish.

10+ Year Old Account

To those people saying rending is wrong as a fury warrior, please get your facts straight.
    During a boss fight you wont need any form of deflection talent anyways, or if you do its not really for survivabilty, its plainly a filler talent.
    BUT... when you reach the time during the fight where Bloodlust is getting popped and people are using CDs, you as the fury warrior should jump stance to battle stance for shattering throw for an even greater dps boost, and since the stances and your abilitys are on different GCDs u can just fit a rend into the rotation before jumping back to fury. This requiers the stance mastery talent also for it to work smoothly.
    Its not much i agree, but hell... its something. Atleast if u wanna maximize a melee heavy raid