Nibelung as a moonkin

I was wondering on how good Nibelung is as a moonkin. I have been told that this staff is slightly bugged making it much more beneficial for moonkins over other caster dps.

My question is, should I keep using this (after the buff proc the valkyrs are adding about 3-4% of my dps) or should I try and pick up another staff or go back to MH and OH?

Re: Nibelung as a moonkin

Qieth did an extensive report on the Nibelung.

http://qieths-quips.com/nibelungenlied/

It was recently buffed:

Its proc chance went from 1% to 2%.
    The Val'kyrs now heal themselves for 25% of their health.

whilst the staff recently recieved a buff from 1% upto 2% proc chance,

it now only procs from direct damage dealing spells, where as prior to the buff it procced off debuff applications aswell

pre buff, moonkins had a 4% chance with starfire and 3% chance with wrath to proc, we now only have a 2% chance

the buff made the staff much more useful for a lot of classes, but it was majorly nerfed for moonkins and aff locks

I haven't checked the numbers recently but you will find the frozen bonespike/shadow silk spindel would be much better, and the newly buffed mace from LK will be even better

Deleted

SF was 4% with 4T10, 3% only with talent/glyphs (and was mostly nerfed bvefore we had a chance at using it with 4T10)

Thanks for the info

Deleted

Zemmi80 <3

Nibelung is still a solid staff. With a 2% proc chance, casting roughly 50 spells each minute, it will come out to about 1 PPM on average. With a 30 second duration, that gives a 50% uptime. Now in reality, looking at logs, my Valkyrs had an uptime of anywhere between 25-45% since it was buffed, and I find that quite nice. Its still not uncommon to see more than one Valkyr be up at the same time, and with the higher proc, it is a bit more reliable.

Add to the fact that they Valkyrs now heal themselves for 25% of their max hp when they do damage, they should survive a bit longer on many fights. They still *usually* die on Blood Queen Lana'thel, but they can actually keep themselves up if they spawn close enough to attack instantly. Id still advice to use stat weapons for that fight, though, due to the scaling with the bites and all, but the valkyrs still have a generally decent survivability, and should be considered equal to, say, FB/SSS (and much easier to get, i might add).

As a boomkin, its worth getting. I got it last night and they proc every fight for me. They do usually 500+ dps each and dont die alot.

necro ftw...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

I have that staff, got it for free some day ago, since none else wanted it, but running with hammer of purified flame+chalice of benedictus 245 i still see a better average dps. Well sometimes it procs a lot and make me feel happy, but it's too much unstable. Of course when i use nibelung i tend to reapply both dots regardless of what kind of eclypse procs hoping for more valkyr spawn, but it doesn't happen so often like i would.
    Any more lucky people would have any maths, suggestion to give me about it?
    Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morning_star
    I have that staff, got it for free some day ago, since none else wanted it, but running with hammer of purified flame+chalice of benedictus 245 i still see a better average dps. Well sometimes it procs a lot and make me feel happy, but it's too much unstable. Of course when i use nibelung i tend to reapply both dots regardless of what kind of eclypse procs hoping for more valkyr spawn, but it doesn't happen so often like i would.
    Any more lucky people would have any maths, suggestion to give me about it?
    Thanks.
    Nibelung usually does 4-6% of my damage, overall. I fail to see how that would do less damage then a hammer and 245 offhand. Give it some time, I think you'll see you'd like it.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account

I have been using Nibelung for a while now, and i don't like it. I think they should make it more reliable, with some changes like...

Give it a alot higher chance to proc, maybe 30%, but add a cooldown to the effect to. (45-60 seconds maybe)

Make them immune to AoE Damage, or atleast make them take 75% less damage from it. (The Val'kyrs is utter crap on Blood Queen, since they take full damage from the aura)

The damage the Val'kyrs have done is different from every week, last week, they did 10% of all my damage on Marrowgar alone! (There was almost 2 up all the time!) and then this week, it barely did 3%.

I will the replacing it, as soon i can get Frozen Bonespike and a decent off-hand.

Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    I have been using Nibelung for a while now, and i don't like it. I think they should make it more reliable, with some changes like...

Give it a alot higher chance to proc, maybe 30%, but add a cooldown to the effect to. (45-60 seconds maybe)

Make them immune to AoE Damage, or atleast make them take 75% less damage from it. (The Val'kyrs is utter crap on Blood Queen, since they take full damage from the aura)

The damage the Val'kyrs have done is different from every week, last week, they did 10% of all my damage on Marrowgar alone! (There was almost 2 up all the time!) and then this week, it barely did 3%.

I will the replacing it, as soon i can get Frozen Bonespike and a decent off-hand.

They take the 4k or so aura tick, but then heal themselves for 3k+, so they still last quite awhile before they die.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

the "buff" was pretty much just a change... the dmg output remains about the same, average about 2-3% of my dmg done on bosses. Depends on how good of an alternative you have, but it is certainly not better than any other dmg dealing 264 staff.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre
    They take the 4k or so aura tick, but then heal themselves for 3k+, so they still last quite awhile before they die.
    Normally, they stand right beside you, which means they will be hit by the Bloodbolts to, combined with the damage aura, will cause them to die instantly, unless the heals are perfectly synched.

I don't understand why you quoted my entire post, when you only answered a little piece of the entire thing (which didn't have anything to do with the subject of my post at all). I was talking about making the Val'kyrs more reliable.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End