Muradin's Spyglass

I was playing around on the target dummy and noticed that Muradin's Spyglass procs every tick with flamestrike and every time the target takes damage with blizzard. This being said: would it be wise to start a pull with flamestrike/blizzard to help get Muradin's Spyglass to it's full potential of 10 stacks?

Re: Muradin's Spyglass

dont think so, but one interesting thing is that is does proc from hellfire damage you take

It's not unintentional that it procs like that either. If you read the item tool-tip, it's off of spell damage, not cast, hit, etc. So flamestrike/blizzard would apply it, but unless the boss is an AoE boss, I would suggest against it.

You should be arcane anyway so it would be a dps decrease in the end no matter what, you apply all 10 stacks fast as shit regardless.

Deleted

It would reach full stacks very soon anyways, especially as Arcane since you get 5 stacks per Arcane Missile cast.

Spyglass simply works with each time you deal any source of damage. For example, each time you get hit with molten armor on, you gain 1 stack. Flamestrike will proc multiple stacks for you but on a single target fight, being an arcane mage means you're gonna proc it up real fast considering you pop MI + IV + AP off the bat.

15+ Year Old Account

As the posters above me said it wouldnt really matter unless the boss is aoe heavy (cant think of one atm :S).

An Since 9/10 mages these days are arcane it will be maxed stacked in a matters of seconds so i really wouldnt bother with it
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Technically, you could have a PoM before the fight, pop FS, then go on with your regular rotation with very little downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    Technically, you could have a PoM before the fight, pop FS, then go on with your regular rotation with very little downtime.
    Your PoM has better uses.