Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What does your guild expect you to "contribute" to the guild?

Have a microphone and bring banter
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm not in a raiding guild, so I don't have to have gems or enchants. I have to attend events as much as I can and donate a few gold to the guild bank every now and then. Nothing to major, I'm in a casual guild.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    As the title says, most respectful guilds require people to contribute something to the guild in order for it to run successfully. Most guild requires a different thing from its members. Some require the sacrifice of BoE Drops to pay for guild repairs. Some require donations to the guild bank. The question is, what does your guild expect of you?
    I was expected to bring the most of my abilities to the table in every raid situation I entered. Every button from feint to distract to vanish to shiv, blind, gouge etc. And that is exactly what I did, at that level bringing consumables is beyond being expected it's simply part of life, as much part of the game as logging in. It would be pointless to post all the expected things, but as a person I was to bring the maximum possible dps at high consistency, survive everything able to be survived, and think outside the box. Outside the box raiding is probably the very last bastion of skill in the pve environment, and it would be difficult for me to understand had I not been a tank in a past life. Basically to play outside the box you must understand what the raid requires and when in a specific encounter and you help others when their jobs are being stressed without sacrificing your own task. Rogues can prevent damage done to others believe it or not, or de-prioritize yourself as a healing target through negating your own damage taken. Outside the box thinking generally is what makes top guilds so impressive, because people work together in a way that does not require vent organization or class roles. You go with the flow, aiding others and relying on the aid of others depending on the course the fight takes. Do this along with the scripted execution of the fight itself and you find yourself jumping leagues ahead of others struggling on bosses.