10+ Year Old Account

Cooler Looking Buffs.

Hey there.

So We have all seen the perfume and cologne used to fight the new event bosses
    A green cloud and a purple cloud.

We should make more buffs visually explicit like this.
    Example The green cloud could be used for Fel Armor
    And the purple one for Demon Armor.

Water and earth and lightning shield are visible and look nice
    The priest shadow form is really cool.

We need more visible effects on buffs debuffs and Dot's/Hot's

Leave your comments below on ideas you have related to this.

Re: Cooler Looking Buffs.

Yes, I can see it now..

I sit down for my daily WoW fix, I type in my code and log in. I choose my character, and begin loading. Upon completion I see Dalaran and BAM!

My computer explodes with textures, clouds, particles and my video card swears obscenities at me as it slowly burns.

Instead of having cooler spell effects, Blizzard should work on a better way of displaying buffs in the UI. I do this in my own UI by using powerauras, but many players are missing out.

For example, take all the offensive debuffs from: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

Notice how many of the debuffs don't stack? There will be two or three redundant spells across several classes and specs (e.g. CoE, Ebon Plague, Earth and Moon) yet they all appear as a separate debuff icon. In my power auras setup, I take ALL of these buffs and debuffs and consolidate them into a single icon in my UI.

Note, that my "totem buffs" will include things like pally blessings, auras, horn of winter, etc. It doesn't matter what the source is, as long as the buff is there.

IMO this type of setup should be standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion
    Yes, I can see it now..

I sit down for my daily WoW fix, I type in my code and log in. I choose my character, and begin loading. Upon completion I see Dalaran and BAM!

My computer explodes with textures, clouds, particles and my video card swears obscenities at me as it slowly burns.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama

IMO this type of setup should be standard.
    NO

I understand some people like to have their screen cluttered with AddOn, but this? It even looks like the graphics of the Pokemon game I played when I was a child. Do-not-want.

On topic: The buff effectg when it's cast is what matters more to me. If you're going to have a constant visible effect on you for every buff/debuff, then I fear for our computers on encounters such as Yogg Saron 25. Tons of debuffs, tons of buffs from being raid buffed. It just begs for a crash.

While it'd look nice in some cases, the major inconvinience would by far outnumber the pros, and blizzard would either have to increase the graphic level of the game, forcing some people to buy new computers to run it, or build the boss fights around assuming at least 20% of the raid will be disconnected throughout the entire fight.

If you saw how the original display for Corpse Explosion looked, you'd know. It was amazingly amazing, but in a raid that would simply cause too much lagg along with all the other AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    NO

I understand some people like to have their screen cluttered with AddOn, but this? It even looks like the graphics of the Pokemon game I played when I was a child. Do-not-want.
    I think you missed what I meant by saying "this type" of setup. I was specifically referring to the consolidation of "like" buffs, which is pretty much 100% of what my post was about.

Thanks for the extra font size though.

10+ Year Old Account

Getting back to the point of this thread.

This is about taking advantage of the new graphics engine both from wrath and in cataclsm
    And adding more visual effects to buffs and debuffs.

Something like a raid wide buff or debuff would not be visual so as not to overload low end machines
    And make people dc mid boss fight.

However something like a class side buff
    Fel Armor Demon Armor and make them more visual like Shadowform.

This would benifit pvp as well you would know that lock has his demon armor on or not.
    And it would also slide over to mages with fire and frost armors.

For druids the thorns buff would either copy shaman and be a ball orbiting you
    or some other kind of effect.

All These effects could be disabled on the video settings interface options
    And thus not drastically change your latency or framerate.

No more so then the dungeon itself, if your computer is too outdated to play new content you have 2 options upgrade or quit wow.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki
    ...if your computer is too outdated to play new content you have 2 options upgrade or quit wow.
    my speech.

I like your idea, just how you said. some light visual effects not that crank shit like in Cabal Online -.-
    "do NOT, under any circumstances, attempt to headbutt your weapon in order to determine how sharp it is."

I can see priests: Summon Tiny Fairy! A fairy is flying around the priest, healing the target on critical heals!!

I don't like the idea of a "cloud of buffs", or similar thing, being around my character at all times.

The reason you can see some Buffs on a Character, like Bubble Shield for Pallys, is it is temporary and powerful spell, and to give a visual note that things have changed, and you should adapt.